SP DLC Speculation

Started by JokersWarPig, Feb 24, 2013, 07:34:10 PM

Author
SP DLC Speculation (Read 61,647 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Not sure if it has a name. It's just the "massive W-Y ship" or FTL ship to the people I've talked with. I remember being told that you get to see more of it as I posted in the first pages of this thread. I saw some early interiors for it too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: ST on Jul 06, 2013, 12:55:53 PMWhat was the FTL ship called in which Weyland tried to escape? Didn't look like the Patna from Alien 3.

Yeah it was too small to be a Conestoga-class, although the design was otherwise quite similar.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, they mostly just referred to it as the FTL or "massive Wey-Yu" ship in the dialogue.
Interestingly, it had yellow markings/symbols similar to the Prometheus on the outside.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Is "Legato" a Joseph Conrad reference? Because Sephora was. Might be a hint whether or not it's a ship.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Doesn't appear to be so - at least if you do a casual google search. All I can find is:

QuoteIn music performance and notation, legato (Italian for "tied together") indicates that musical notes are played or sung smoothly and connected. That is, the player transitions from note to note with no intervening silence.

There is also a real-life merchant marine bulk carrier named Legato currently off Vancouver...

Bounds34

Bounds34

So I see that the new trophies for the last DLC is now uploaded.... when is the last DLC coming out?

Darkness

Darkness

Had no idea they were going to have singleplayer dlc. That's a kick in the balls after I got rid of the game ages ago. I wonder how long it will be.

PredatorSquatch

PredatorSquatch

im going to be that one f**ktard but i feel obligated to buy it... goddamn it i hate myself

predxeno

predxeno

The PS3 trophies are already up on PSN.

szkoki

szkoki

MARK MY WORD!

this will be miles better than the main sp campaign!

- bug hunt was an obvious step toward the positive direction
- the latest movie packs are what a true fan really needs

so i believe this latest dlc with a competitive story and actions can be on the level of the sp campaign of the avp2's campaign or at least the avp2010's campaign

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: szkoki on Jul 08, 2013, 08:36:07 PM

so i believe this latest dlc with a competitive story and actions can be on the level of the sp campaign of the avp2's campaign
No. It will be a hour and half - max 3 hour long piece of junk.

szkoki

szkoki

why is this a junk? because of it's length or what? i dont get the point...primal hunt was a piece of junk either?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

MARK MY WORD!

Nothing will fix that now.

Like I said a while ago, I'm expecting this to finally give an answer (or an attempt at one) as to what happened with Hicks - and to quite possibly play as that very character, too.

If it gives an answer for why the Sulaco had returned to LV-426 or why there were lots of Aliens crawling around there, it'd be a bonus, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for that.

If Gearbox are really trying to be ambitious, it might even be the option to play over the entire campaign a second time, but from the alternative perspective of Hicks or one of the other characters. Experiencing similar events, but from a different view.

szkoki

szkoki

im not talking about fixing anything....really this story sucks ASS , there shouldnt be a dlc to fix that cmon...im talking about an independent short story  wich ties in the main story but with tension and aliens vibe in it finally and not a campaign wich were like made up by a 2 year old monkey....and sorry thats an insult the monkeys

newbeing

newbeing

MARK MY WORD!

- bug hunt was an obvious step toward the positive direction
- the latest movie packs are what a true fan really needs

so i believe this latest dlc with a competitive story and actions can be on the level of the sp campaign of the avp2's campaign or at least the avp2010's campaign

I hope you're right. I really do.

Would be nice if GBX and co. worked their butts off on this DLC to repair some of the damage done to their cred, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed