SP DLC Speculation

Started by JokersWarPig, Feb 24, 2013, 07:34:10 PM

Author
SP DLC Speculation (Read 63,876 times)

The Runner

The Runner

How about a Lurker-Bella specific fatality based off of how the Xeno in Alien took out Lambert. ;P

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: The Runner on May 15, 2013, 12:12:00 PM
How about a Lurker-Bella specific fatality based off of how the Xeno in Alien took out Lambert. ;P

I would love a Newborn head-squeeze execution.  ;)

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

I hope the story mode dlc adds a Alien story mode or at the very least allow us to have all the preorder weapons.  I want to try out the sharp rifle real bad.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on May 15, 2013, 08:33:39 PM
I hope the story mode dlc adds a Alien story mode or at the very least allow us to have all the preorder weapons.  I want to try out the sharp rifle real bad.

Looks like the pre-order limited edition and collectors edition weapons will be made available:

Quote from: PredakerCurrently listed DLC for Aliens Colonial Marines -
(Thanks again to ikarop)

________

219440 Aliens: Colonial Marines Bug Hunt DLC

219441   Aliens: Colonial Marines Reconnaissanse DLC

219442   Thistle

219443   Poppy

219444   Aliens: Colonial Marines Limited Edition pack

219445   Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition pack

219446   Aliens: Colonial Marines SHARP Sticks

219447   Aliens: Colonial Marines Sawed-off Double Barrel Shotgun

219448   Sheep

219449   SteamDB Unknown App 219449

224840   Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass

224850   SteamDB Unknown App 224850

Aleks004 on the Gearbox forums has also found the following code/text in one of the games files:

Quote from: Aleks004I posted this in another thread,but i will post it here so you guys can see that Poppy is the SP DLC

[PecanGame.PecanGameInfoPoppy]
HUDColors=(X=1.0, Y=0.0, Z=0.0) // Chapter 1: Asylum
HUDColors=(X=0.0, Y=1.0, Z=0.0) // Chapter 2: Awakening
HUDColors=(X=0.0, Y=0.0, Z=1.0) // Chapter 3: Escape
HUDColors=(X=1.0, Y=0.0, Z=1.0) // Chapter 4: Redemption

Could this be Hick's story? The "Awakening" and "Escape" chapters might suggest so...

Quote from: The Gearbox Community ManagerGot some more details on exactly what the PlayStation Blog was referring to when they referenced more content coming this week.

This Tuesday, the various pre-order incentives offered for Aliens: Colonial Marines will be available for PlayStation 3 owners in North America to purchase – other regions and platforms should receive this content the following week.

:-\

Bounds34

Bounds34

is this for pc and console users? What the heck is thistle, poppy, and sheep?

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Sweet! Hope this four chapter content is good. Sheep? Are they using the unused Sheep alien from the early days of Alien³?!

Lolz, imagine it: last thing you see before dying is a killer woolly jumper with teeth and claws, bleating menacingly as it tears your throat out. :laugh:

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

I was thinking the Campaign DLC would be them turning back to get all the marines on LV-426 at the end of the game. 

The Runner

The Runner

I am imagining using a sheep as xeno bait.

But why would someone pay money to see a sheep get horribly torn to shreds?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Bounds34 on May 20, 2013, 11:28:25 PM

It's internal project names the developer uses. A:CM was codenamed Pecan. The DLC are named after plants: Sunflower was the Bug Hunt DLC. Fern was the Reconaissance DLC. Poppy will most likely be the single player DLC and Thistle another multiplayer DLC. No idea what Sheep could be - maybe multiplayer bots?

The information was taken from Steam so applies to PC but will most likely also be applicable to consoles.

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: ST on May 21, 2013, 12:47:05 PM
Quote from: Bounds34 on May 20, 2013, 11:28:25 PM

It's internal project names the developer uses. A:CM was codenamed Pecan. The DLC are named after plants: Sunflower was the Bug Hunt DLC. Fern was the Reconaissance DLC. Poppy will most likely be the single player DLC and Thistle another multiplayer DLC. No idea what Sheep could be - maybe multiplayer bots?

Very interesting and intriguing. Sheep actually eat plants...  :o

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Mr. Runner on May 21, 2013, 12:05:55 AM
Sweet! Hope this four chapter content is good. Sheep? Are they using the unused Sheep alien from the early days of Alien³?!

Lolz, imagine it: last thing you see before dying is a killer woolly jumper with teeth and claws, bleating menacingly as it tears your throat out. :laugh:

More like a grumpy face embossed on its rear as it reverses awkwardly towards you...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Apparently several new trophies have popped-up on the PS3 version. The new missions may hint at what the last single player DLC might have in store.

QuoteThank you that will be all - complete stasis interrupted at any difficulty

I'm happy to disappoint you - complete stasis interrupted in ultimate badass

We're still Collating - Find all Stasis interrupted audio logs

I only need to know one thing - find your family

They can bill me - Destroy the Legato

I don't got all day - sever the umbilical without missing a shot

They're dead! Ok? Can we go now? - kill all lurkers in Sulaco engineering

Now what are we supposed to do - Escape the FTL ship

We are leaving!! - Survive the queen escape

It's the only way to be sure - Destroy all samples in the labs of the queen module

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Huh, interesting. "Stasis Interrupted" to me implies it's a prequel set during when Hicks is woken up aboard the Sulaco, but then they talk about the Queen escaping too. Maybe a parallel story revolving around Hicks?

ikarop

ikarop

I don't have a PS3 but it sounds legit. There's mention there to a few things I posted here a few months back. I also was told that there's a new WY ship that gets blown up which could be the Legato mentioned there.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 06, 2013, 12:26:22 PM
Huh, interesting. "Stasis Interrupted" to me implies it's a prequel set during when Hicks is woken up aboard the Sulaco, but then they talk about the Queen escaping too. Maybe a parallel story revolving around Hicks?

Quite possibly, there's a computer terminal message accompanied by the female AI ship voice saying "Stasis Interrupted" during Alien 3's opening credits. And the rest of the missions sounds like part of the main ACM campaign near the end.

Wonder what the "find your family" mission is about? Could that have something to do with Newt?

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 06, 2013, 12:42:06 PM
I don't have a PS3 but it sounds legit. There's mention there to a few things I posted here a few months back. I also was told that there's a new WY ship that gets blown up which could be the Legato mentioned there.

What was the FTL ship called in which Weyland tried to escape? Didn't look like the Patna from Alien 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed