PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Started by Space Sweeper, Feb 21, 2013, 11:58:53 AM

Author
PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread (Read 66,282 times)

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: TJ Doc on Feb 21, 2013, 03:36:12 PM
I caught the tail end of last night's presentation. Looks as though they're 'doing a Microsoft' and really gunning for the social stuff now.

Indeed, just what I wanted, the ability to sit on my sofa and watch my friends play a game for me because i'm too f**king lazy to play it myself.

Who came up with that idea?

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

My sentiments were similar, yeah.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 21, 2013, 05:30:42 PM
I caught the tail end of last night's presentation. Looks as though they're 'doing a Microsoft' and really gunning for the social stuff now.

Indeed, just what I wanted, the ability to sit on my sofa and watch my friends play a game for me because i'm too f**king lazy to play it myself.

Well, for people who like that stuff, it's a nice option. It's not like Sony is forcing you to do it.

worriors

worriors

No backward compatibility, why dont they out source an emulator to a third party, plug a little memory stick device into the usb slot and have full compatibility, they could make a lot of money, but no sony wants us all to buy our old games again, Ba**ards.

If the xbox is going to be cheaper im ready to say goodbye to to playstation after 15yrs loyalty.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 21, 2013, 05:53:33 PM

Well, for people who like that stuff, it's a nice option. It's not like Sony is forcing you to do it.

There is also the element of "I can't get by this part" or "Where is the hidden thingy?"

"Oh, just let me sign into your character and show you how to do it".

I think its fine.

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 21, 2013, 06:15:42 PM
Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 21, 2013, 05:53:33 PM

There is also the element of "I can't get by this part" or "Where is the hidden thingy?"

"Oh, just let me sign into your character and show you how to do it".

I think its fine.

Me too, but I think that Sony are expecting alot outta 8Gb of RAM. I'm worried all this streaming, multi-process and no cooperative micro-devices is going to severely impact on the system.

scarhunter92

tl;dr - I don't want MUH GAMING to go social. Let me play alone.

That stuff has been common to PC gamers for years now. Streaming of online matches? Gameplay videos? Rings a bell? It adds a lot to gaming communities. And nobody's forcing you to use that feature, dear f**k.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I'm looking forward to some more social aspects of the PS4.

Hopefully, they'll add something similar to the 360's party chat stuff, where two or more people could be talking through mics, but not need to be playing the same game.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: worriors on Feb 21, 2013, 06:03:50 PM
No backward compatibility, why dont they out source an emulator to a third party, plug a little memory stick device into the usb slot and have full compatibility, they could make a lot of money, but no sony wants us all to buy our old games again, Ba**ards.

If the xbox is going to be cheaper im ready to say goodbye to to playstation after 15yrs loyalty.

Playstation will be putting some of its games on the PS Cloud for buyers to download, but yeah I get what you mean about the no backwards compatibility issue.  Also, there is no way Xbox 720 will ever be cheaper than PS4; you will probably still have to pay for the multiplayer option and that is only going to add to the bill as the months go by.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 21, 2013, 11:50:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96dsGIc-oJA#ws

Always been a huge Gerstmann fan, and Sessler is a badass.

As for the PS4 conference, I can happily say that they got my attention. Especially with their focus on ease of developing games, and on the games themselves. Now, Infamous and Killzone didn't surprise me at all, but I am still very happy to see those franchises continuing on.

I like the look of the new controller, and alot of there streaming and online social ideas are very cool.

I can't wait to hear more from them at E3, especially what Naughty Dog is working on, and hopefully the price of the system.

Samus007

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Feb 21, 2013, 11:21:29 PMtl;dr - I don't want MUH GAMING to go social. Let me play alone.

Sony have labled your desires as anti-social behaviour.

Rick Grimes

Why is that we have only seen the controller and not the actual console?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed