New Aliens: Colonial Marines Visual Mods & Add-ons

Started by ikarop, Feb 19, 2013, 04:42:54 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Visual Mods & Add-ons (Read 19,132 times)

ikarop

Over the past few days a series of fan made visual tweaks for the PC version of the recently released videogame Aliens: Colonial Marines have appeared online. Now we offer you a collection of additional visual enhancements and tweaks for the game which aim to improve your gameplay experience. These new additions include color correction, increased bloom effect, HQ textures, disabling the HUD in multiplayer, new Alien & Marine skins and more. You can click here to see all the new add-ons.

WinterActual

WinterActual

It says Page not found.

EDIT: Its fine now.

StoneHeart

Very nice work ikarop! Looks a lot better than my SweetFX config as of right now.

RagingDragon

Let me be the first pathetic X-Boxer to come in and cry. :laugh:

If Gearbox weren't the slimeballs they appear to be, they would use what the mod community has already done to speed up patching console versions so they don't look like a Queen-sized pile of ass.

skull-splitter

Shame really. Such little effort that would've brought the game a little further. It really isnt a bad game, but it sure as f**k isnt a gamechanger as well.

Any chance of ripping those models for use in UDK/CE mods?

newbeing

Textures are a huge improvement and make me wonder why the hell they're not in the finished game...

topman

2nd x-boxer to cry!!!! :'(

Bio Mech Hunter

Damn. :o Fantastic work ikarop. *thumbs up*

FINALLY - a way to get rid of the Alien's stupid green mist. :D I don't suppose anyone could completely re-skin the Spitter to look like the Runner?

Can ANYTHING be done by the community to fix the game's horrid animations, AI, etc.? :'( I don't think we can depend on GBX or Sega to fix this much hyped, miserable mess. >:(

ikarop

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Feb 19, 2013, 11:22:59 PM
Damn. :o Fantastic work ikarop. *thumbs up*

FINALLY - a way to get rid of the Alien's stupid green mist. :D I don't suppose anyone could completely re-skin the Spitter to look like the Runner?

Can ANYTHING be done by the community to fix the game's horrid animations, AI, etc.? :'( I don't think we can depend on GBX or Sega to fix this much hyped, miserable mess. >:(

Other than making it reddish there isn't much we can do yet. I'll keep trying tho.

Elicas

It always surprises me when games sell so well on console, then they look at the PC modding scene and say "Wish we could have that!". Buy it on PC then!  ::) :P

Good work Ikarop, though I don't think any amount of modding can save this game.

newbeing

Would be great to have a way to get rid of the marine names that hover above the other players in MP and the characters in SP. So distracting.

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

That's all well and good, but what they really need to do now is fix the horrible AI.

ikarop

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 20, 2013, 03:19:51 AM
Would be great to have a way to get rid of the marine names that hover above the other players in MP and the characters in SP. So distracting.
Removing the HUD (togglehud command) doesn't get rid of those?

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 20, 2013, 03:19:51 AM

Theres a bunch of files in "\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Localization\INT" where you can at least remove the names of the single player characters, or edit them. I changed ONeal to "DICKBUTT" but could easily have just made it blank.

you can also change weapon (i think) and objective descriptions (for sure) and marker names. Even the subtitles can be edited.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed