Game is selling more than Dead Space 2?

Started by Naissus, Feb 18, 2013, 01:06:52 AM

Author
Game is selling more than Dead Space 2? (Read 27,668 times)

PRI. HUDSON

Someone should tweet that c**t, Pitchfraud, about the games 80% drop-off in sales from week 1 to week 2. I would love to see if he breaks out that "I've always profited from criticism" remark.

Not this time, asshole. Not this time.

Aceburster

Im glad this game has gotten backlash the way it has. Prometheus got a pass for practically everything people hate about this game. Lies, half truths, bold statements from the people in charge, 90 degree turns in what the content was going to be like every 3 months, terrible nonsensical writing, trailers full of things not in the product, unused concept art thrown around like its gospel and if you buy more... youll get ALLLLL the answers baby.

but because it looks like ass... people ripped into it like wild animals. Of course the thing got great day 1 sales but unlike prometheus, they didnt dress up their shit sandwich with special effects before they served it.

If they were true fans they would fix it, but Fox doesnt seem to contract fans anymore. It got a nice day 1 in sales but thats hopefully as much as it ever gets. (without serious help)

Elicas

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 03, 2013, 08:56:58 AM

Im glad this game has gotten backlash the way it has. Prometheus got a pass for practically everything people hate about this game. Lies, half truths, bold statements from the people in charge, 90 degree turns in what the content was going to be like every 3 months, terrible nonsensical writing, trailers full of things not in the product, unused concept art thrown around like its gospel and if you buy more... youll get ALLLLL the answers baby.

but because it looks like ass... people ripped into it like wild animals. Of course the thing got great day 1 sales but unlike prometheus, they didnt dress up their shit sandwich with special effects before they served it.

If they were true fans they would fix it, but Fox doesnt seem to contract fans anymore. It got a nice day 1 in sales but thats hopefully as much as it ever gets. (without serious help)

Prometheus hardly got a free pass, there are a healthy section of the fans who can't stand it. Personally i'd rather have a A:R, AVP and AVP:R marathon on while playing A:CM than watch five more minutes of Prometheus ever again.

Prometheus did well because people love Ridley. It's got an average of 65/100 from critical reviews, so it hardly got a free pass from many reviewers. The film did well from very strong marketing, shiny shiny special effects that admittedly looked very good, and the hype train of the Alien franchise being back in the hands of the fellow who gave us the classic original.

I'd expect the follow up to do much worse, especially if they're still moving it 'farther away from Alien'. Prometheus barely had anything to do with Alien in the first damn place.

PRI. HUDSON

I liked Prometheus....... :-\

JungleHunter87

QuotePersonally i'd rather have a A:R, AVP and AVP:R marathon on while playing A:CM than watch five more minutes of Prometheus ever again.

Sadly I would too, which makes me very depressed to say. :(

Aceburster

Im not judging. Theres people here who like and dislike all sorts of things Alien and AvP related, im not gonna question why. Some might really think A:CM is a 8+/10 game and thats their opinion.

Personally I think way too many people gave prometheus a free pass just on its entertainment value and more than once ive seen the argument that the lists of issues it has are merely "nitpicks" over what is an otherwise solid movie. It made enough money to justify its existence and itll prolly have sequels. Might not have been a "free" pass but it passed lol. AvP:R passed too.

What if the early numbers, the real ones wherever they are are matched up with the real budget... whatever it is, and when the numbers come in, the thing made a few bucks. How long is it gonna be before the next movie/game comes out and we go through this all again... and slightly more offensive to fans. Thats what im worried about for the games and movies, the trend just keeps going downhill and these things succeed by the skin of their teeth.

Aliens: Colonial Wars presented by Sega and developed by Square Enix and Eidos. "We want Aliens on earth but were gonna do it right cuz were fans, also canon".

Alien 5: Resolution. Hicks is locked in a long cryosleep until after the events of Alien Ressurection and him and Ripley have half marine/alien babies and come to the realization that Xenomorphs arent that bad. "Its a new storyline set in the Aliens universe. Narrated by Lance Henriksen"

redxavier

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 03, 2013, 02:38:48 PM
Hicks is locked in a long cryosleep until after the events of Alien Ressurection and him and Ripley have half marine/alien babies

Awesome.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: redxavier on Mar 04, 2013, 02:16:36 PM
Hicks is locked in a long cryosleep until after the events of Alien Ressurection and him and Ripley have half marine/alien babies

Awesome.

Huh, dumb question: did Hicks and Ripley even... huh, ya know... do the hunkachunka...? HAHAHAHAHA  :P

PS - Oh, never mind... I got the joke... FINALLY... HAHAHAH   Well... since the franchise is already ruined and Hicks and Ripley are kinda AGED, why not? What more can they do to further annihilate this franchise?  ::)

Elicas

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Mar 04, 2013, 03:39:10 PM

Awesome.

Huh, dumb question: did Hicks and Ripley even... huh, ya know... do the hunkachunka...? HAHAHAHAHA  :P

PS - Oh, never mind... I got the joke... FINALLY... HAHAHAH   Well... since the franchise is already ruined and Hicks and Ripley are kinda AGED, why not? What more can they do to further annihilate this franchise?  ::)

Do a live action Aliens vs The Avengers crossover that Fox takes as canon?

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Elicas on Mar 04, 2013, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Mar 04, 2013, 03:39:10 PM

Awesome.

Do a live action Aliens vs The Avengers crossover that Fox takes as canon?

Huh, Elicas... SHUT UP... Don't give them ideas...! HAHAHHA :-X

PRI. HUDSON

Game is dead in the water. It sold like, 30K copies this past week. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Sales stand around 800K.

Source: VG Chartz.

Well, I wonder what the fallout will be. Does SEGA sue GBX? Does SEGA sell the rights to make up for the bleeding this game caused them?

Time will tell.

Aceburster

I dont care how good the next Aliens or AvP game looks, im not pre-ordering or even buying it the first week until ALL the reviews are in and the players have spoken. This game is becoming the E.T of modern gaming and it shouldnt be forgotten.

Gamers have been at a tipping point for a long time now about how the industry works and id be shocked if there isnt long term damage beyond GBX and Sega. Its definitely turned me off to other games by getting burned for 90 bucks on A:CM and probably 800k more who are feelin it too. Even reviewers have woken up a little bit here lately.

I actually cancelled my HotS preorder just because Im so fed up with payin out the ass for 39.99 titles. Keep your preorder crap, your toys and boxes and hype and ill buy video games when they hit a reasonable price. Ill buy Dead Space 3 when it goes to Steam (never) and goes on sale for 15 bucks (never) because I only want the first half of the game and thats what its worth. Watched a 4 hour long LP of Crysis 3, aint no point in spending 60 bucks on another 4 hour game...

A:CM and a whole pile of other titles need to be buried in the desert with E.T and the whole industry is begging for an enema.

Gren_86

What he said ^
Btw what's E.T ?

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: Gren_86 on Mar 09, 2013, 01:51:46 PM
What he said ^
Btw what's E.T ?
Symbol of Atari shock. It is a game based on the movie ET. Atari's business plan was quantity over quality. They did not double check quality of each game, but mass produced games. People lost faith in gaming quality, thus gaming industry collapsed.
It was until Nintendo came out with Mario and saved the gaming industry. That's why Mario takes the most important role in gaming.

Quote from: Elicas on Mar 03, 2013, 11:08:47 AM
Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 03, 2013, 08:56:58 AM

Prometheus hardly got a free pass, there are a healthy section of the fans who can't stand it. Personally i'd rather have a A:R, AVP and AVP:R marathon on while playing A:CM than watch five more minutes of Prometheus ever again.

Prometheus did well because people love Ridley. It's got an average of 65/100 from critical reviews, so it hardly got a free pass from many reviewers. The film did well from very strong marketing, shiny shiny special effects that admittedly looked very good, and the hype train of the Alien franchise being back in the hands of the fellow who gave us the classic original.

I'd expect the follow up to do much worse, especially if they're still moving it 'farther away from Alien'. Prometheus barely had anything to do with Alien in the first damn place.

AVP
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/avp-alien-vs-predator
AVP-R
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/avpr-aliens-vs-predator---requiem

Both sit idly on 29/100 with different user rating. And Prometheus is pretty mixed bag with bit more positive viewings.
Just check fan vote here.

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 09, 2013, 12:13:16 PM
I dont care how good the next Aliens or AvP game looks, im not pre-ordering or even buying it the first week until ALL the reviews are in and the players have spoken. This game is becoming the E.T of modern gaming and it shouldnt be forgotten.

Gamers have been at a tipping point for a long time now about how the industry works and id be shocked if there isnt long term damage beyond GBX and Sega. Its definitely turned me off to other games by getting burned for 90 bucks on A:CM and probably 800k more who are feelin it too. Even reviewers have woken up a little bit here lately.

I actually cancelled my HotS preorder just because Im so fed up with payin out the ass for 39.99 titles. Keep your preorder crap, your toys and boxes and hype and ill buy video games when they hit a reasonable price. Ill buy Dead Space 3 when it goes to Steam (never) and goes on sale for 15 bucks (never) because I only want the first half of the game and thats what its worth. Watched a 4 hour long LP of Crysis 3, aint no point in spending 60 bucks on another 4 hour game...

A:CM and a whole pile of other titles need to be buried in the desert with E.T and the whole industry is begging for an enema.

Um, not to nitpick or anything, but if you wait 'til all the reviewers evaluate a game when it comes out, and only later on buy the game, it's not a pre-order anymore. At least that's what it seems to me, 'pre-order' = 'before actual release'.

On topic, I agree with you, but only mostly because of this whole "Pre-order X game for Y bonus content" sorta deal that sucks tons of gamers and fans alike into purchasing crappy games like our turd-for-a-game A:CM. It's why I never pre-order anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed