Randy is back

Started by 9th_Stew, Feb 15, 2013, 03:08:27 PM

Author
Randy is back (Read 56,785 times)

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Aceburster on Feb 26, 2013, 03:35:30 PM

I think Pitchford cant come to terms with the fact that he played the typical Alien gamble and managed to be the first to actually fail. I mean yea weve had 2 decades worth of @#$% sandwiches but even Prometheus and AvP:R got a pass money wise, so did AvP2010 right?

That really does put Pitchford in a really bad place, not only because his game sucked and failed, but he bombed out on the franchise lol.

It never gets old when fans come out of the woodwork, people who you dont even expect to be fans of the series and say "I am a fan of the series and this thing sucked" and it makes me happy that reviewers and fans and gamers have all banded together to put this this game in its place. You dont f**k with Aliens and get away with it.

He should catch hell over this for forever, he should be an example of something wrong with entertainment (especially games (especially the Alien franchise)). If it means no more Borderlands then fine, im willing to trade that franchise for the one I love.

He has tried to point at his body of work to try and diminish the mistake he has made but Im gonna think "this company maimed my favorite movie" every time I hear their name. I hope everyone else does. Rebellion got what it deserved for AvP2010, this guy deserves worse.

Gearbox may go down and Randy may lose out on cash, but at the end of all this I think he probably will get away with it. I doubt he'll ever be poor. And he probably knows that given time things will blow over. It's only been a couple of weeks but the rants have already calmed way down compared to the week of the release. I think he's known what was coming for a long time and was prepared for all this hate. There's no way he didn't realise the amount of s**t he was gonna get. Sat behind his twitter account I don't think he gives a f*** about what anyone has to say anymore, unless it's positive of course.

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: Taxemic on Feb 26, 2013, 04:15:44 PM
Gearbox may go down and Randy may lose out on cash, but at the end of all this I think he probably will get away with it. I doubt he'll ever be poor. And he probably knows that given time things will blow over. It's only been a couple of weeks but the rants have already calmed way down compared to the week of the release. I think he's known what was coming for a long time and was prepared for all this hate. There's no way he didn't realise the amount of s**t he was gonna get. Sat behind his twitter account I don't think he gives a f*** about what anyone has to say anymore, unless it's positive of course.

His whole "lets be positive" thing is all he is trying to do in order to save himself. Sorta like if someone gets drunk, drives home and on the way manages to smash into the side of a building and stumbles out of his car saying "this is a learning experience so lets all try to remain positive here, but im totally not gonna fix the damage" when the police arrive.

If enough people think thats cool then yea he gets a free pass, but I would hope that people treat the situation for what it is, until something concrete is done about it. Its up to everyone who is a fan and a gamer or just has a sense of right and wrong to hold the guy accountable and punish him.

I think that everyone who holds his feet to the fire helps him become a better person and the more painful it is, the greater the understanding he will achieve.

I hope that people will take every opportunity they can from here on out in order to help Randy become a better person, rather than the real life Handsome Jack he has become. Maybe he wont have any personal growth from this experience and "just not give a f***" but thats really only if the customers think its ok.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Like I said, I'll never buy a gearbox game again. It's disgusting he is seemingly getting away with this virtually unscathed.

WarriorRidged

WarriorRidged

Quote from: Aceburster on Feb 26, 2013, 05:00:51 PM

His whole "lets be positive" thing is all he is trying to do in order to save himself. Sorta like if someone gets drunk, drives home and on the way manages to smash into the side of a building and stumbles out of his car saying "this is a learning experience so lets all try to remain positive here, but im totally not gonna fix the damage" when the police arrive.

If enough people think thats cool then yea he gets a free pass, but I would hope that people treat the situation for what it is, until something concrete is done about it. Its up to everyone who is a fan and a gamer or just has a sense of right and wrong to hold the guy accountable and punish him.

I think that everyone who holds his feet to the fire helps him become a better person and the more painful it is, the greater the understanding he will achieve.

I hope that people will take every opportunity they can from here on out in order to help Randy become a better person, rather than the real life Handsome Jack he has become. Maybe he wont have any personal growth from this experience and "just not give a f***" but thats really only if the customers think its ok.

"LOL" and "LMAO" are bandied about too much these days - but this analogy truly made me LMAO! Excellent! :)

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Randy just tweeted that they are working on patch work & other updates for A:CM

Source: Randy's twitter, twitter.com/duvalmagic
Date:    Feb  27  2013

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Aceburster on Feb 26, 2013, 05:00:51 PM

Ahahaha why yes, that was great!

Shai`tan

Shai`tan

Crysis 3 already has a patch. They should have been working on a Day 1 patch for A CMs right outta the gate.  The games been out plenty long enough now to have  seen a MAJOR patch update.  You know? A patch that afterwards, you can easilly tell stuff has been upgraded in the game.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Shai`tan on Feb 28, 2013, 02:39:17 PM
Crysis 3 already has a patch. They should have been working on a Day 1 patch for A CMs right outta the gate.  The games been out plenty long enough now to have  seen a MAJOR patch update.  You know? A patch that afterwards, you can easilly tell stuff has been upgraded in the game.

it was patched on day 1

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Shai`tan on Feb 28, 2013, 02:39:17 PM

Add to the fact that Crysis, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 and their engine-components have been written in the same time it took from licencing to release of ACM by a company that is relatively young and puts Gearbox to shame when it comes to finishing, polish, coherent design and detailing.

I really think ACM isnt that bad of a game (just hope it stops crashing every uneven session), but the lack of attention for storytelling, scripting, poor distribution of textures, sub-par lighting effects and apparent choice for a more mainstream look (largely responsible for the look it now has) are just examples of poorly managing a project involving one of the dearest franchises in both film and gaming.

Fox, SEGA and Gearbox are equally wrong IMO, smaller studio's just provide what is asked.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I just got it for PC cause I just bought a Geforce 660. SO much better on PC. The jittering and mouth syncing issues are almost all gone. Seems like the consoles got shafted the most.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Mar 01, 2013, 03:28:21 PM
I just got it for PC cause I just bought a Geforce 660. SO much better on PC. The jittering and mouth syncing issues are almost all gone. Seems like the consoles got shafted the most.

I've seen the PC shots. Looks way better not including the modders efforts. The modded screens I saw looked good. If I had a gaming laptop or a decent desktop I would have gotten ACM for those. Not my Xbox. I hope they do a high res texture download like Battlefield 3 did for Xbox. Who knows.

Aceburster

Aceburster

Even on PC it looks bad in plenty of places. The first room of the game has a texture on the monitor consoles near the door that literally looks like it was hand drawn in crayon and scanned, go look at it lol. The EXACT same texture is used in the SAME level later in "Keyes hive" room upside down, and in the first room you meet ONeal to the right of the door on the wall at higher quality.

Did they think people wouldnt run around with the flashlight on?

The sync issues arent bad and I dont see jitter or clipping unless I walk through someone, but I do see some lousy animations. Like they werent even trying. Think the only nice animations in the game are when you set the PMCs on fire and im pretty sure those are ripped right out of Borderlands.

Sure it runs smooth maxed out with full frame rate on PC without too many weird things happening but it makes the ugly stand out so much more. Game looks (on pc) like a 2001 game that people spent 6 years modding without the right tools. Cant imagine what it looks like on consoles. DNF pc has more polish than this game. D:

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

on PC it looks adequate, sometimes even shockingly impressive, but fails in many aspects.

Hardly comparable to Crysis, Crysis 2 or Crysis 3.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Also when I'm shooting with the precision of a mouse it still relates to an Xbox controller ala Ive got a 1 in 5 shot of my bullets hitting the target. Such piss poor hit detection in this game!!!

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Okay, this is the end of the week... Where is the apology we were promised? Not that it would matter to me... But hell, just seeing that arrogant bastard admit he was a douche, it would be worth it! Well,maybe he said that so everyone would get off his back! Another lie! When we will learn? HAHAHAHA

Seirously though, an apology will not get my money back! Nor will it give Gearbox any credibility back from now on! They will make games, they will deceive some more, people will applaud if it's a success, bemoan if it's not, and so on and so forth... Nothing ever changes... Nothing ever will... c'est la vie... :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed