Spaceballs Easter Egg?

Started by aliens13, Feb 14, 2013, 07:49:32 PM

Author
Spaceballs Easter Egg? (Read 7,946 times)

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

I guess it's a not so well hidden reference to the wet donut we see in Aliens when the marines explore HH.

Grey_Yautja

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 15, 2013, 04:02:02 PM
Quote from: Aceburster on Feb 15, 2013, 09:51:42 AM
Figured id post here rather than make a thread about it, but did anyone notice right when you start going through the neurotoxin areas theres 4 tanks with giant donuts in them? two partially eaten and two intact. Been thru this area plenty of times and didnt see it b4.

RE-EDIT: Here it is. I did exactly what i did the first time which is follow along the right wall mashing buttons and turned around right where im standing in the pic.

When I saw those in the game, I didn't understand the purpose of it. I still don't.

Hmm, well, this is just my interpretation of the game itself. See how the donuts make shapes like a 'C' and, er, 'O' letters? It's as if it's spelling "cócó", which is portuguese for 'crap'.
Ergo, that is an easter egg reflecting the state of this game, which is utter crap.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Feb 15, 2013, 04:09:40 PM
I guess it's a not so well hidden reference to the wet donut we see in Aliens when the marines explore HH.

That's the only thing I could think of also, but that seemed kind of lame to me. Just wanted to be sure I wasnt missing some other sort of reference.

Quote from: Grey_Yautja on Feb 15, 2013, 04:16:58 PM
Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 15, 2013, 04:02:02 PM
Quote from: Aceburster on Feb 15, 2013, 09:51:42 AM
Figured id post here rather than make a thread about it, but did anyone notice right when you start going through the neurotoxin areas theres 4 tanks with giant donuts in them? two partially eaten and two intact. Been thru this area plenty of times and didnt see it b4.

RE-EDIT: Here it is. I did exactly what i did the first time which is follow along the right wall mashing buttons and turned around right where im standing in the pic.

When I saw those in the game, I didn't understand the purpose of it. I still don't.

Hmm, well, this is just my interpretation of the game itself. See how the donuts make shapes like a 'C' and, er, 'O' letters? It's as if it's spelling "cócó", which is portuguese for 'crap'.
Ergo, that is an easter egg reflecting the state of this game, which is utter crap.

LOL

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: aliens13 on Feb 14, 2013, 08:05:44 PM
Quote from: unwittytitle on Feb 14, 2013, 08:04:12 PM
NIce, now we can offically add Spaceballs to the canon
That's right  ;D

lol

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Bah! You call yourself a fan and don't remember the rotting doughnuts!

Nightlord

Nightlord

Gearbox put in these random donuts and not a mutant hamster, they just can't do anything right can they.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nightlord on Feb 16, 2013, 01:54:41 AM
Gearbox put in these random donuts and not a mutant hamster, they just can't do anything right can they.

What are you talking about? Where do you think the Crusher came from, huh?

HAMSTER.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4LJ-5MUSU#ws

Strange little trivial background item to make so many easter eggs of.

Xenomorphine

kris.kobus

kris.kobus

But late to the party but to answer a question Kobus was named after myself, a few members of the UKCM helped promote the game and we were added to it, you can see our names in the end credits

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 15, 2013, 02:33:53 PMKobus from District 9?

I believe the D9 character is Koobus, with two o's.

Freaky resemblance though. Bet he can't believe he gets paid to do this...

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

i found that easter egg and i saw a hat and crane which looked like the one from spaceballs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed