The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 141,574 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Apex on Feb 13, 2013, 08:44:57 AM
I just wish everyone would stop bitching.

And I just wish people would stop marginalizing critical opinions of expensive multimedia. You have fun with the bug ridden linear shooting gallery. Don't tell me I have to do the same just so your ears can be spared a different opinion.

Apex

Apex

I mean, come on!

If you are a real fan, you should be happy that you got a game.

Be happy that you got a game based on a movie from the 80s... Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't happen to often.

Be happy you got an Aliens only, not predator game.

Be happy you shoot Hick's Shotgun, Hudson's Pulse Rifle, and Vasquez's Pistol.

Be happy you can choose what finishing move you preform as a Xeno!

If you won't even play it, then don't call yourself a real fan.

I'd rather this story be canon than Prometheus. Not dissing the film, it was amazing, but I prefer it not to be canon.

Stop bitching and be grateful with what you have,

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 13, 2013, 08:55:04 AM
Quote from: Apex on Feb 13, 2013, 08:44:57 AM
I just wish everyone would stop bitching.

And I just wish people would stop marginalizing critical opinions of expensive multimedia. You have fun with the bug ridden linear shooting gallery. Don't tell me I have to do the same just so your ears can be spared a different opinion.

Sorry, my ears didn't hear anything.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

People shouldn't stop b*tching around...because obviously most (!) players are NOT happy with the game. And maybe they already made enough profit from the preorder sales so they simply develop the next game with the same "level of quality"....with more DLCs.

I'm a fan and no, i'm not happy that we get SOMETHING...this is the ultimate excuse for game and movie makers to produce sh*t all the time because we eat it all and are still grateful. Because we are happy to get at least SOMETHING. So why bothering with higher production costs when we can serve low cost material?  And making bad games is no benefit for us gamers...other serious studios won't touch the franchise because the fan base is shrinking with each sh*tty release.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Be grateful you're paying $60/£50 for a glitch-ridden half-assed product, people. Hand over your f**king money and smile, ingrates.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

It's pretty pointless to argue about this any further. No one is going to change their opinions and we've officially reached a stalemate.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Apex on Feb 13, 2013, 08:55:23 AM
If you are a real fan, you should be happy that you got a game.

Bull crap. Don't dictate to anyone what a real fan is. I want a game that does not feature AI getting STUCK IN THE CEILING. That is the kind of a glitch, you might see in a budget game, but not in a triple A game. Not in the Alien franchise. I want a game that takes the license seriously, and isn't rushed out the last end of a protracted development cycle so poorly that apparently even the writers are compelled to disown it because it came out so poorly. A game with such a long shopping list of bugs and glitches out the gate. This is supposed to be a triple A game. Cutting edge. Something we haven't ever seen before... And it literally is a piece of crap. It barely works.

Quote from: Apex on Feb 13, 2013, 08:55:23 AM
Be happy that you got a game based on a movie from the 80s... Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't happen to often.

Be happy you got an Aliens only, not predator game.

Be happy you shoot Hick's Shotgun, Hudson's Pulse Rifle, and Vasquez's Pistol.

Be happy you can choose what finishing move you preform as a Xeno!

If you won't even play it, then don't call yourself a real fan.

I'd rather this story be canon than Prometheus. Not dissing the film, it was amazing, but I prefer it not to be canon.

Stop bitching and be grateful with what you have,

This is sickening. This is exactly the kind of thing people like TB are talking about. You have such an intense loyalty to a brand, you are a defacto corporate shill, but instead of being on the doll, you're paying them for that privilege.

No. This is how it REALLY works. They say they're making a game that is X Y and Z. When game does not feature X Y and Z, or has major problems with X Y and Z, we as the customer are ENTITLED to be outraged by that. We should be outraged, and we should demand that those things be fixed.

There is literally NO LOSS for those of you who ENJOY THE GAME as it was shelved. You will not lose a single, solitary thing if Gearbox were to listen to the critical response and actually implement the changes and fixes demanded of the paying customers. That needs to be the emphasis for those of you who seem to think this is a buddy relationship. It isn't. It's a commercial relationship. An agreement. They give us a product that is in good condition, and we give them money. They have not given us a product in good condition. They need to fix it. Stop telling people to stop bitching. It's not bitching. It's pointing out the very real, and very egregious flaws in the game. They need to be fixed. Period.

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 13, 2013, 09:05:34 AM
It's pretty pointless to argue about this any further. No one is going to change their opinions and we've officially reached a stalemate.

Tell me, what is exactly your problem with the concept of bug fixes, patches, additions, and tweaks? How exactly is that going to hurt you? Why are you against people pointing out flaws, having a critical perspective, and wanting a change?

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I have no problem with you whatsoever. That's why I'm trying to stop this arguing since we all agree that we disagree. That's all I'm saying.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 13, 2013, 09:13:41 AM
I have no problem with you whatsoever. That's why I'm trying to stop this arguing since we all agree that we disagree. That's all I'm saying.

It will never stop, Jonesy, it will never stop. But that's OK. Its a human right to stand behind the things you believe in.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I just hate to see people who love a franchise such as this go at each other honestly. I like having friendly conversations with fans not hostile ones, I'm just not an agressive person I guess.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 13, 2013, 09:16:12 AM
I just hate to see people who love a franchise such as this go at each other honestly. I like having friendly conversations with fans not hostile ones, I'm just not an agressive person I guess.

I understand where you are coming from. But, to me, I am not, nor are most people, being hostile. Myself and OpenMaw are on two different sides when it comes to this game, but I know I could PM him right now and we would be the buddies that we are.

Its kinda like being brothers. There are going to be disagreements. We all love the franchise dearly here.

Dusk

Dusk

It wouldn't be as much of a problem, if there weren't some people on here, who are basically saying "Accept shit and be happy.". I enjoy the occasional bad game. I have my guilty pleasures. I'm sure everyone has at least 1 game he enjoys, that's critically been torn to shreds. But just because I enjoy it, I'm not going to tell others who don't, to shut up. Especially when I recognize what's wrong with the game.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 13, 2013, 09:19:51 AM
It wouldn't be as much of a problem, if there weren't some people on here, who are basically saying "Accept shit and be happy.". I enjoy the occasional bad game. I have my guilty pleasures. I'm sure everyone has at least 1 game he enjoys, that's critically been torn to shreds. But just because I enjoy it, I'm not going to tell others who don't, to shut up. Especially when I recognize what's wrong with the game.

I don't get that honestly. I don't think people should accept shit and be happy. Like you mentioned Concrete Jungle before. I really liked that game a lot, like yourself it was a guilty pleasure of mine and that's where I'd put this game. I know its shit and I don't think people should accept that, but I'm guilty of it being a pleasure to me lol.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 13, 2013, 09:19:34 AM

I understand where you are coming from. But, to me, I am not, nor are most people, being hostile. Myself and OpenMaw are on two different sides when it comes to this game, but I know I could PM him right now and we would be the buddies that we are.

Its kinda like being brothers. There are going to be disagreements. We all love the franchise dearly here.

Can I be the eldest brother so I can slap either of you around on a whim? It's what the eldest does...

I have no idea what anyone is talking about, I just read this part.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 09:29:22 AM

Can I be the eldest brother so I can slap either of you around on a whim? It's what the eldest does...

Actually, we were all born at the exact same time. Our mother had a huge....yeah.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 13, 2013, 09:33:03 AM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 09:29:22 AM

Actually, we were all born at the exact same time. Our mother had a huge....yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed