20 min of SP footage from early release (In German) (SPOILERS)

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Feb 07, 2013, 10:30:50 AM

Author
20 min of SP footage from early release (In German) (SPOILERS) (Read 7,686 times)

Enigma

This is entirely from my  (poor) memory
She did get of a couple of rounds before it landed, it landed more or less head first beside her, not on her and never got a grip on her. She did pin it's head when it tried to get up and then she continued shooting it point blank.

...I don't think we can really compare this with the wrestling that seem to be the new Alien-game-gimmick.

Xenomorph:
* Inhuman strength (not as strong as a marine though)
* Exoskeleton armour (doesn't do against military grade weapons)
* Molecular acid for blood (it's green, must be something like acid, right?)
* Extremly stealthy (running back and forth in front of armed enemies)
* Attacks from where you least expect (drops from the roof and starts running around like a headless chicken instead of attacking)

I really do hope this is just "normal" I'm usually perfectly fine with normal difficulty... but theese xenos are a joke  :S

Doobios

BTW open maw that picture is great of hudson firing that rifle, gets me amped up just lookin at the picture as if im watchin that scene !

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Doobios on Feb 07, 2013, 04:32:34 PM
ok i understand it didnt get its hands on her but she clearly overpowers it and holds it down. can we agree with that ? theres no other explanation for that. If its as powerful as we all think she shouldnt have been to clearly hold it down with one foot,

and power is power , it doesnt matter who gets who first. if im stronger then you , and you grab me first i should easily get out of your grip. and i know its debatable but, it looks like she wrestles with it for a few seconds before pinning it.

Jenette...is it you?

Doobios

now she was able to pin it because she shot it with her pistol ? now that pistol hurts that from that range ? when we clearly see gormans bullets bounce off of another one? the pistol seems to only cause damage when the gun is actually pressed against the xeno . and to say that its not as powerful because of a few pistol rounds , then you are going against what you are saying and how powerful they are, because a human being can take pistol rounds and still continue going forward in an adrenaline rush etc. so to say a xeno is real weak from a pistol is actually taking away from the xeno resilience . and strength

OpenMaw

Quote from: Doobios on Feb 07, 2013, 04:43:35 PM
now she was able to pin it because she shot it with her pistol ? now that pistol hurts that from that range ? when we clearly see gormans bullets bounce off of another one? the pistol seems to only cause damage when the gun is actually pressed against the xeno . and to say that its not as powerful because of a few pistol rounds , then you are going against what you are saying and how powerful they are, because a human being can take pistol rounds and still continue going forward in an adrenaline rush etc. so to say a xeno is real weak from a pistol is actually taking away from the xeno resilience . and strength

It's true, a human can continue to go even after taking several rounds.

Not several right into the temple, though, and by the way... The alien does continue to move even after it gets away from her gun.

Quote from: Doobios on Feb 07, 2013, 04:38:23 PM
BTW open maw that picture is great of hudson firing that rifle, gets me amped up just lookin at the picture as if im watchin that scene !

Thank you sir. Hudson's last stand is such an awesome sequence.  :laugh:

Doobios

I have one more point I would like to throw out there . IF she did hit the xeno with a few rounds before the wrestling match, where was the acid ? she was so close and it was above her, she CLEARLY would have gotten hit with acid without a doubt , thats not debatable .

haha not jenette , just used to watch aliens at least 4 times a week from the ages 5 - 10 haha.

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Doobios on Feb 07, 2013, 04:43:35 PM

Come on...admit it...it IS you,isn't it?  loved you on T2  :laugh:

Doobios

yes after it takes it to the temple it is clearly just about finished, im talking before she hits it in the temple , when shes wrestling it. it clearly isnt damaged before the wrestling match because acid would be burning through her skull or chest.

Enigma

Enigma

The xeno came climbing from above, I do belive getting fired upon can throw of the aim of an alien, yes. Gormans shots hit the armoured parts of the head, Vasquez did'nt (when she pinned it).
Also she pinned the xeno while it was rising, she didn't push it down, she didn't lift it, she didn't throw it away and she never carried it's weight. it was an alien that in the last 3 seconds had ben fire upon multiple times, having crashed into the floor of an airduct from some height and then goten a boot to the head... and fired upon some more...

not an unhurt xeno pouncing at a marine who's probably never even seen a xeno before... I still don't think we can use vasquez as an example here, no mather how awesome she is

---<Edit>---
About the first shots and the acid: she probably didn't hit anything but the armoured parts. Now that probably still hurt a bit, it just didn't open up any wounds

Doobios

Doobios

it is a great sequence, Im still mad because hudson could have gotten out of that situation ! when hes firing down on the xeno it should have been hit at such close range ! hudson should have lived !!!!! haha

well since we cant all agree on this, can we agree that its one of the most badass scenes in a movie ?!

OpenMaw

Quote from: Doobios on Feb 07, 2013, 04:50:29 PM
it is a great sequence, Im still mad because hudson could have gotten out of that situation ! when hes firing down on the xeno it should have been hit at such close range ! hudson should have lived !!!!! haha

He was wayyy too panicked. I also think he ran out of ammo.

Quote from: Enigma on Feb 07, 2013, 04:49:10 PM
About the first shots and the acid: she probably didn't hit anything but the armoured parts. Now that probably still hurt a bit, it just didn't open up any wounds

The exact sequence of events.

She sees the alien falling. Fires a couple inaccurate shots. The alien falls basically to her side/between her legs, upside down. It flails trying to get a grip on her. While it's disoriented, she shoves the creatures head to the wall, and fires off a bunch of shots right into it's head. Acid splashes on her leg/thigh/foot. She screams, let's up on the creature, it flops around, presumably in it's death throws.

So you'll note, that it relies on two fundamental things. The alien being off balance/disoriented, and the alien not having any kind of a grip on her. Every other time we could use an example for the alien strength versus a persons, the alien always has a grip on the victim. The fact that the warrior that attacked Dietrich could grab her, and carry her up without any sign of effort, is indicative of just how much raw strength these creatures have.

Let's also not forget the alien that tries to get into the APC. You have two people trying to close the door versus one alien who's trying to open it. The alien is at the very least, at a stalemate.

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Enigma on Feb 07, 2013, 04:49:10 PM
not an unhurt xeno pouncing at a marine who's probably never even seen a xeno before... I still don't think we can use vasquez as an example here, no mather how awesome she is

Doobios

good point made sir , good point .

RagingDragon

A fine nerd breakdown going on in here. :laugh: I thought I was on to something by comparing Vasquez's Smith & Wesson Model 39 with Gorman's VP-70, but they both fire 9mm rounds.

If weak nuts Gorman had a real VP-70, he would've had 18 round mags with a 3-round burst capacity. I think he may have been able to fight his way back to Hicks were that the case.

Then the explosion never wouldve happened.

No Newt falling down the vent...

No hive journey, queen battle, .....

........ no Alien 3!

... It's all f**king GORMANS FAULT for not using 3-round burst!

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 07, 2013, 04:37:32 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 07, 2013, 03:32:37 PM
Brett
Parker
Lambert
Apone
Dietrich
Wierzbowski
Hudson

Newt
Andrews
Kevin

et cetera.
Dillon. Thrown on his back and powerless.

You can add all the prisoners to that list. They may not be trained Marines but they are a bunch of viscious murderers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed