SM

SM

RaisingCanon

:laugh:

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: RaisingCanon on Jan 30, 2013, 02:28:52 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Jan 29, 2013, 10:45:32 PM
Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one.
http://wondermark.com/907/

Why bother with figuring things out for yourself when you can just play tag along with the cynics?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I gave up naive idealism when I stopped sniffing glue.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: RaisingCanon on Jan 30, 2013, 02:52:37 AM

A:CM could never realistically fit within every fan's ideal wet dream. Some fans want to beat down the aliens like wimps in a bar brawl while other fans believe the aliens are invincible creatures that craft fine art and fly spaceships after they mature. What do you want from an aliens game?

SM

SM

Neither of those things.

Who wants either of those things?

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SM on Jan 30, 2013, 03:16:43 AM
Neither of those things.

Who wants either of those things?

The only thing that matters is what you want.

(I'm telling Noah about the flood.)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Predaker on Jan 30, 2013, 03:05:44 AMWhat do you want from an aliens game?

I want it to be flamboyantly apocryphal.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: RaisingCanon on Jan 30, 2013, 03:20:01 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Jan 30, 2013, 03:05:44 AMWhat do you want from an aliens game?

I want it to be flamboyantly apocryphal.

Sorry to disappoint.

SM

SM

Yeah it's not the slightest bit flamboyant.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predaker on Jan 30, 2013, 03:05:44 AM
Quote from: RaisingCanon on Jan 30, 2013, 02:52:37 AM

A:CM could never realistically fit within every fan's ideal wet dream. Some fans want to beat down the aliens like wimps in a bar brawl while other fans believe the aliens are invincible creatures that craft fine art and fly spaceships after they mature. What do you want from an aliens game?

... And some of us would just like an actual attempt at the tension and fear of the movies transferred into the dynamics of a game. the dynamics part being the area of emphasis. The reason this game won't be as good as it could have been for me simply comes down to the over use of scripted sequences and over linearity. AVP 99 was linear, but the AI was basically set loose in the halls to do as it wanted. With the improvements in computer power, and what we've learned of AI in the decade plus change since then, I can only imagine what that same kind of scenario could allow aliens to do.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Every so often, someone reinvents a game mechanic which was around in the 1980s/1990s and pronounces it as inventive and genius, when it's actually stuff which should have just become standard, way back then.

Man, I remember how innovative stuff like 'Chuck Yeager's Air Combat' used to be... Makes me feel strangely old to realise how most people on the Internet have never even heard of it.

Then again, I got to witness the glorious cinematic triumph of Luke Skywalker fighting it out with Bagpuss in 'Wing Commander 3', too.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Who's Chuck Yeager?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RaisingCanon on Jan 30, 2013, 05:09:38 AM
Who's Chuck Yeager?
Kids these days....

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Who's Chuck Yeager?

You talking about the game, or the man?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 30, 2013, 05:49:58 AM
Who's Chuck Yeager?

You talking about the game, or the man?
The thought that people might not be familiar with either makes me a saaaaaaad panda. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed