Another New Aliens: Colonial Marines Wallpaper

Started by ikarop, Jan 19, 2013, 12:49:00 PM

Author
Another New Aliens: Colonial Marines Wallpaper (Read 8,047 times)

ikarop

Sega has recently released a new Aliens: Colonial Marines wallpaper via their official blogs. The new promotional image shows an Alien hive full of eggs ready to hatch. You can grab it at your desired resolution here.

Another New Aliens: Colonial Marines Wallpaper

WinterActual

Saw it earlier today. It looks great as background on the PS3.

Gren_86

I have to admit, the wallpaper looks good even though I'm not fond of the AR egg design.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Well i understand the difference now,

Resurrection just had more down below.
I'd favour the ressurection only because the original one lacked consistency with the rest of the environment where Res blends right in with the surroundings. I drum it up to set design budget or other limitations.

I do however miss the tranlucency of the eggs in Alien. I really think they could really pull it off with the engine but they didn't do it. I mean, you're suppose to be able to see some finger movements and such. That would be cool.

Pvt.Hickson

Wallpaper looks great. Settin up the mood for the game ;]

locusta

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 19, 2013, 08:08:06 PM
http://19.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpio92JuBs1qzexpio1_500.jpg
Well i understand the difference now,
http://p2.la-img.com/930/18669/6321651_3_l.jpg
Resurrection just had more down below.
I'd favour the ressurection only because the original one lacked consistency with the rest of the environment where Res blends right in with the surroundings. I drum it up to set design budget or other limitations.

WRONG my friend. First, the above pic with Giger shows an unfinished stage, second the A:R eggs have exactly no blending, cos they where never seen as eggs. More like spores fused into the ground.

Original eggs were real "Eggs", like we see as the Queen lays ´em in ALIENS as typical egg shaped forms. Later on, when placed by drones in the hive, they grow or invest into the hive surrounding and create the tube like tentacles, which are a kind of tricker mechanism.

I´m totally disappointed about the use of the A:R eggs in the game, since a few other assets (like the Queen) are extremely accurate.

szkoki

those brown like eggs in AR looks not so realistic like the ones in aliens/alien but that could be the effect of the cloning
but if this is the weekest point of the game, i can die happy

Sexy Poot

Instant wallpaper. Not a fan of the design, but good non the less. Would have liked to see the true designs but it must be authentic, cause Randy Pitchford said so! AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed