New Film Project...

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 18, 2013, 09:24:06 AM

Author
New Film Project... (Read 34,409 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I've spent enough time on the Internet, espousing my thoughts on what did, didn't, could and wouldn't work, when it comes to certain films... The trouble was, I never had my own video camera - up until now.

I've hinted at this project elsewhere on these forums, but over the space of, literally, a day, I've discovered a different, even better way of realising what I had in mind. It's a hybrid of several film-making methods, which, when put together, shall hopefully look polished. If not? Well, at least I've tried.

I'm about 90% of the way to testing this blend of techniques together. Just waiting for three or four things to get delivered and then I'll begin test footage. Aiming to make it an AVP project, but if fate intervenes, it can change to a pure 'Alien'-related ideal. Entertainment value is what matters.

What matters is that some of the funkier ideas me, SM, Sil and other forum veterans have batted around, over the years, will hopefully make a moody, atmospheric appearance. Whether or not they will succeed, I shall leave for the eventual audience to decide.

First of the tentatively-titled 'Regeneration' teasers start here... Updates to follow.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Godspeed.

Xenomorphine

Gates

Gates

Funky ideas excite me, looking forward...good luck my man... :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'll be there for the ride. Looking forward to seeing what happens with this.

SM

SM

Colour me intrigued.

SiL

SiL

You're overexposed, man!

:P

Interesting to see what you've got cooking.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is this different to what we were talking about?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2013, 02:26:48 PM
Is this different to what we were talking about?

Same project, but found a couple of improved methods of going about it (easier and with a better look). Some of the software I mentioned will likely be the same, though.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Project update:

Just attempted the first visual blending technique... Success. Crude, no background and not as refined as the finished appearance I'll be going for, but very pleased with how it looked.

Posting test footage examples later.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Can't wait to check out what you have cooking. Maybe you could tease us some more with stills or something?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Really interested to see what you've concocted.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yep. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this thread.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Experimental results:

Spoiler

Basic Alien in leaping pose. Attempt at rendering a dark, shadowy artistic look by using a PNG transparency.

Same leaping pose. Purely CGI here, but using initial layers of colour-correction to get the lighting right for what follows...

The results of adding a flared light source to remove some lit highlights and give emphasis to others. Much more satisfying composition here... Was keeping in mind how to try and achieve the psychological impacts of Nostromo lighting and Hadley's Hope emergency strobe lighting, in concert with a dynamic pose.

Alternative attempt with different lighting. Some additional highlights are given a blanketing psychological 'hidden' effect by the illusion of running rain.
[close]

Not the planned final look (and doesn't have the advantage of a background or shadows), but shows good promise for the atmospheric tone this requires.

SM

SM

Nice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed