[Exclusive] Aliens : Colonial Marines PC System Requirements and Steam Pre-purchase Announced

Started by ikarop, Jan 14, 2013, 01:02:00 AM

Author
[Exclusive] Aliens : Colonial Marines PC System Requirements and Steam Pre-purchase Announced (Read 41,186 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 15, 2013, 08:44:32 AM
For those still wondering, you can use this website to see if your PC meets the system requirements: http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10569/

Thanks for the link.

However I don't think PC gamers should trust that website. Their PC scans said I could run ALIENS VS PREDATOR (2010) if I turned down the textures and graphic details.
I reininstalled AVP and it still had a seriously jerky framerate due to my graphics card being a 7600GT overclocked as opposed to a 7900.

Whereas this website I originally posted basically said I needed an overhaul of my system.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

I'm gonna wait for the reviews of A-CM before any upgrades (if any I'll still wait).

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 16, 2013, 07:09:57 PM
This means the game is a direct port from the console version. So we can assume no dedicated servers too.

Correct.

I thought most modern PC games were built around console releases anyways for the mass market?

Crysis 2 being one of them.

Pvt.Hickson

Oh for f*ck sake, not again. This lack of dedicated servers will kill the f**king game before it will fully shine on multiplayer. What a bunch of bullshit. AvP even tho it wasn't a perfect game, was decent to play. But lack of servers (PC) just kept the fans and players away from the title. It would definitely survive longer with the proper support, it was just to late. Hope Gearbox will NOT let this game to die and NOT milk the shit out of it. Anyway, remind me if im wrong.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is a --- canon --- sequel to the second(2) and third(3) movie. And will fill this nasty gap between those.

Best Regards.

PVTDukeMorrison

Takes place after Alien 3, not between

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Pvt.Hickson on Jan 16, 2013, 09:15:49 PMAliens: Colonial Marines is a --- canon --- sequel to the second(2) and third(3) movie. And will fill this nasty gap between those.

ALIENS- COLONIAL MARINES is a video-game- therefore it will be no more canon/relevant than ALIEN 3 was for the SEGA MEGA DRIVE/SNES or ALIEN TRILOGY* (*a bizarre retelling that all took place on LV-426 with the ALIEN 3 Fury prison just being a prison wing of the Hadley Hope ??? and a climax at the Space Jockey ship) for the Playstation one.

I've got a feeling- no I already know- that A-CM will be a daft game story/concept wise. If Hicks does turn up alive it'll be almost a sacrilege as him dying in ALIEN 3.
Also I'm gonna LOL if it turns out that the Sulaco had a faceless onboard crew/hanger we didn't know about- considering they could've sent down a second dropship  ::)  to be used as victims for a xenomorph infestation. What made General Lotz ALIEN 3- The Gun review so hilarious is that same observation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwi-fI76has#ws

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Pvt.Hickson on Jan 16, 2013, 09:15:49 PM
Oh for f*ck sake, not again. This lack of dedicated servers will kill the f**king game before it will fully shine on multiplayer. What a bunch of bullshit. AvP even tho it wasn't a perfect game, was decent to play. But lack of servers (PC) just kept the fans and players away from the title. It would definitely survive longer with the proper support, it was just to late. Hope Gearbox will NOT let this game to die and NOT milk the shit out of it. Anyway, remind me if im wrong.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is a --- canon --- sequel to the second(2) and third(3) movie. And will fill this nasty gap between those.

Best Regards.
I agree. This is complete bullshit. Devs and publishers say they don't integrate features like dedicated servers because the PC market size doesn't justify it, but most PC gamers end up straying from the PC version BECAUSE there aren't certain basic features available like dedicated servers. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm also pretty pissed to hear the PC version may not even support DX10. Seriously? Note even DX10?! That can't be right. Didn't Randy say in an interview sometime last year the PC version is getting DX10 & 11 support? If not, I'm going to be SUPER pissed.

I don't even want to touch the whole "A:CM is the most authentic Aliens experience yet" argument.

acrediblesource

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jan 16, 2013, 10:19:13 PM

Best Regards.
I agree. This is complete bullshit. Devs and publishers say they don't integrate features like dedicated servers because the PC market size doesn't justify it, but most PC gamers end up straying from the PC version BECAUSE there aren't certain basic features available like dedicated servers. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm also pretty pissed to hear the PC version may not even support DX10. Seriously? Note even DX10?! That can't be right. Didn't Randy say in an interview sometime last year the PC version is getting DX10 & 11 support? If not, I'm going to be SUPER pissed.

I don't even want to touch the whole "A:CM is the most authentic Aliens experience yet" argument.

I don't care whether new canon/story  bugs people to death.  We are getting something new and refreshing. And if that irritates the shit out of people so be it. Bring it on.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 16, 2013, 11:11:25 PM

Best Regards.

I don't care whether new canon/story  bugs people to death.  We are getting something new and refreshing. And if that irritates the shit out of people so be it. Bring it on.
Just remember that most of us only get irritated because "new canon" usually is shit. Other than that, we love new and refreshing material.

acrediblesource

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jan 16, 2013, 11:36:29 PM

Best Regards.

Just remember that most of us only get irritated because "new canon" usually is shit. Other than that, we love new and refreshing material.

So far you can say for real that the canon were getting in ACM is shit? How has played the whole game yet?

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 17, 2013, 12:44:28 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jan 16, 2013, 11:36:29 PM

Best Regards.

So far you can say for real that the canon were getting in ACM is shit? How has played the whole game yet?

You're generalizing. Not every piece of "new canon" in the game is shit, but there are a few pretty BIG ones. Like how the hell Hadley's Hope is relatively intact after the atmospheric processor went into meltdown. Or how the Alien warriors and drones or *yet again* too small. Or how they all tend to run like panthers.

Then there's smaller issues like Ripley's flamethrower design, Alien acid color, and do I really have to bring up the new spitter and banzai Aliens?

I can't speak for others, but I try to base my opinions only on what is concrete. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but what I mentioned above doesn't require actual hands-on gameplay. Just observation.

Dammit. Just realized I got sucked into another canon debate. lol

Pvt.Hickson

I asked bout it. Because i heard in an interview with Randy.P that this is an "actual" SEQUEL to movies. Therefor, if someone will want to make a sequel in a movie or a game format. Will have to consider events from this game as a part of main canon.

Bio Mech Hunter

Yeah, it's suppose to be, and it wouldn't be an issue if GBX weren't getting some pretty important things wrong. It doesn't help they keep touting "authenticity this and authenticity that" either.

OpenMaw

I think the thing that puts a hole in the whole authenticity thing is alien suicide bombers.

Please don't say radiation. That word doesn't mean what you think it means. This isn't the Marvel universe, where radiation gives you super powers.

Does anyone know if we're going to even see a demo at some point?

acrediblesource

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 19, 2013, 10:17:04 PM
I think the thing that puts a hole in the whole authenticity thing is alien suicide bombers.

Please don't say radiation. That word doesn't mean what you think it means. This isn't the Marvel universe, where radiation gives you super powers.

What super powers? Exploding is considered a superpower? Spitting is considered  a super power? Smart!

OpenMaw

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 19, 2013, 10:30:39 PM

What super powers? Exploding is considered a superpower? Spitting is considered  a super power? Smart!

I'd consider it something that doesn't happen when you're subject to nuclear fallout. I'd think being able to spit acid would be one hell of a super power, actually.

WinterActual

Not likely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed