[Exclusive] Aliens : Colonial Marines PC System Requirements and Steam Pre-purchase Announced

Started by ikarop, Jan 14, 2013, 01:02:00 AM

Author
[Exclusive] Aliens : Colonial Marines PC System Requirements and Steam Pre-purchase Announced (Read 41,185 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

That well you said  :laugh: Borderlands 2 is running with 10-15fps on PS3 if you play with 3 other people online.. Is that well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Ovp6I2Vo#ws

In some areas its even worse.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 15, 2013, 05:11:26 PM
That well you said  :laugh: Borderlands 2 is running with 10-15fps on PS3 if you play with 3 other people online.. Is that well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Ovp6I2Vo#ws

In some areas its even worse.
At least I know what to expect though, I can just imagine me starting it up on the pc and have it run a lot worse and me dreaming of it being as good as the vid you post, at least with the ps3 the graphics/textures are still high quality whereas I imagine low settings on a pc the textures will be scaled to look muddy as hell.
Is it worth getting on pc? As the framerate will be shit on both I don't see how the ps3 will be worse in other areas. I also don't know how good it will run

WinterActual

ACM should be a bit better since it have smaller playable areas. But its up to you, I am just telling that the game wont run that good on the consoles too. I assume ACM is have way faster pace than BL2 so you should find where it will run best for ya.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 15, 2013, 03:50:20 PM
Quote from: thekillergreece on Jan 15, 2013, 02:47:07 PM
Can anyone respond my question????

The pre-order of a:cm on steam says, that it will have one bonus only(Didnt pre-ordered it yet)

And it is SHARP Rifle...Why only that?Where are the other bonus like the limited edition said?O.o..

The other bonus material is exclusive to Gamestop and other stores or for the Collectors Editions. You'll have to buy it from those stores.
Yeah, but if Steam is required, it won't matter where you pre-order it. As far as I can tell, it is. :D

bulldog

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2013, 06:03:27 AM

$100 NZD is equivalent to $80 AUD.

However, $50 USD is only $48 AUD.

And local retailers whine about Australians buying shitloads of stuff online.

True, but all Stwam prices are in us$, so that is US$80 and US$100 for Australia ans New Zealand.

SteveE

Quote from: bulldog on Jan 15, 2013, 01:27:13 AM
Nice work on the regional price rorting, $50 for US customers, $80 for Aussies and an embarrassing $100 for New Zealand customers, was looking forward to some co-op on this thing - but there is no way in hell I'll be parting with $400 for a four-pack.

If anyone knows where I can buy legit copies (no russian key sites thanks, my steam accounts are far too valuable to risk) without being asked to pay double the US price then please let me know.

No, you misunderstand.

In NZ, Steam price is US$100 not NZ$100, ie a 100% increase for a digital product.

Space Voyager

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 15, 2013, 05:11:26 PM

Better than my comp!  :'(

SM

Quote from: SteveE on Jan 15, 2013, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: bulldog on Jan 15, 2013, 01:27:13 AM
Nice work on the regional price rorting, $50 for US customers, $80 for Aussies and an embarrassing $100 for New Zealand customers, was looking forward to some co-op on this thing - but there is no way in hell I'll be parting with $400 for a four-pack.

If anyone knows where I can buy legit copies (no russian key sites thanks, my steam accounts are far too valuable to risk) without being asked to pay double the US price then please let me know.

No, you misunderstand.

In NZ, Steam price is US$100 not NZ$100, ie a 100% increase for a digital product.

Feck!  Why would anyone buy it off Steam then?

bulldog

bulldog

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 15, 2013, 05:54:23 AM
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Aliens%3A-Colonial-Marines-Steam-CD-Key.html

Thanks, site says

"Region Lock:

The CD Keys we are selling are completely region free and include all languages."

4 copies of the Limited edition comes to under US$200 - less than 1/2 the Steam store price, good enough for me, thanks again.

Ozgameshop can send me 4 physical copies for under $160 too, much more reasonable pricing.

WinterActual

Steam are greedy bastards. They always put the price for like 1$=1E. Which is insane.

thekillergreece

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 16, 2013, 06:49:49 AM
Steam are greedy bastards. They always put the price for like 1$=1E. Which is insane.

Doesnt every country has it's own symbol of money?USA symbol is $, some countries(I dunno which are) is E etc.....

WinterActual

Yes but Steam/Valve are not converting the price if the publisher/devs don't push 'em and most don't to it, so they just put the price for rest of the world (besides USA) the same as number but actually the currency is different and this comes very expensive for the EU and the AU guys.

heady89

Quote from: bulldog on Jan 15, 2013, 11:19:04 PM

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 15, 2013, 05:54:23 AM
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Aliens%3A-Colonial-Marines-Steam-CD-Key.html

Thanks, site says

"Region Lock:

The CD Keys we are selling are completely region free and include all languages."

4 copies of the Limited edition comes to under US$200 - less than 1/2 the Steam store price, good enough for me, thanks again.

Ozgameshop can send me 4 physical copies for under $160 too, much more reasonable pricing.

www.g2play.net if you don't mind legit digital keys.
Superb site and I've used it plenty, usually really good deals & you can use paypal no problem.

Pvt.Hickson

Wait wait wait... no fancy DX10/11 features? Well that sucks.. :(

WinterActual

This means the game is a direct port from the console version. So we can assume no dedicated servers too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed