Concept to Game - Alien Hive Trailer

Started by ikarop, Jan 10, 2013, 01:16:45 AM

Author
Concept to Game - Alien Hive Trailer (Read 31,675 times)

WinterActual

How so?

Ash 937

When the areas were too closed, mobility becomes restricted and players typically just find a wall to flank themselves against and stand there to shoot everything that comes in their way.  There's no strategy to that and despite the fact that shooters allow 360 degrees of mobility, players just resort to playing something that resembles Duck Hunt on maps like that.  Most maps in Call of Duty are a perfect example of what I'm talking about; lots of narrow alleyways with plenty of places to camp and snipe until you die...but in truth, most games have a few maps like that these days.  Those maps usually suck imo, mainly because I hate campers and "duck hunters".

Billy_mx

Quote from: SM on Jan 10, 2013, 01:37:24 AM
http://con-cdn.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/photos/blogs/3941/not%20bad.jpg

(Gee using the Resurrection egg design isn't going to piss anyone off at all...  ;D)

Agreed, they chose the worse design from the worse movie...Specially this is following ALiens, why in tha hell would they change the egg design?!

Space Sweeper

The atmosphere displayed in these Concept to Game trailers really is quite nice. I like that they're showing these less action-oriented pieces off.

PFC Hudson

This trailer is nothing new, we saw this shot months ago. Also the eggs still look stupid, why did they leave the lumps on the side?

R Lar

R Lar

Quote from: Billy_mx on Jan 10, 2013, 07:27:46 PM
http://con-cdn.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/photos/blogs/3941/not%20bad.jpg

(Gee using the Resurrection egg design isn't going to piss anyone off at all...  ;D)

Agreed, they chose the worse design from the worse movie...Specially this is following ALiens, why in tha hell would they change the egg design?!

Seriously? It's an egg. Odds are you going to blow the thing to hell before you can get up close to it and inspect it and all its details.

Cal427eb

Quote from: R Lar on Jan 11, 2013, 02:09:36 AM
Quote from: Billy_mx on Jan 10, 2013, 07:27:46 PM

Seriously? It's an egg. Odds are you going to blow the thing to hell before you can get up close to it and inspect it and all its details.
They still could have used one of the better designs.

Gren_86

I agree, they do look silly in comparison to the ones from Alien and Aliens.

ShadowPred

Regardless of designs, since they're painstakingly paying attention to such mundane detail as what panel the Queen lifted up when looking for Newt, the least they could have done was actually pay attention to the designs that are actually in your face, like the Xenomorphs, the Eggs, etc. God damn Xenos are a mix of all the different kinds, they aren't 100% the way they should be. It's insane. I bet we get to find Newt's doll's head, and Gearbox is going to f**king get all the details of the DIRT on its plastic head correct, and then the next day come out and show us an inauthentic-looking APC or something like that.

Cal427eb

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 11, 2013, 02:36:00 AM
Regardless of designs, since they're painstakingly paying attention to such mundane detail as what panel the Queen lifted up when looking for Newt, the least they could have done was actually pay attention to the designs that are actually in your face, like the Xenomorphs, the Eggs, etc. God damn Xenos are a mix of all the different kinds, they aren't 100% the way they should be. It's insane. I bet we get to find Newt's doll's head, and Gearbox is going to f**king get all the details of the DIRT on its plastic head correct, and then the next day come out and show us an inauthentic-looking APC or something like that.
Hopefully they get Bishops legs positioned the right way.  ;)

ShadowPred

They should, and about the video...I sure hope we get some f**king scary as f**k moments while roaming around the hive. I don't want lame as hell jump scares or scripted events of seeing some blips on your motion tracker only for the script to have it be that some Xeno has actually been hunting you and only appears at a certain point in the area to scare you. f**k that, give me honest to gods scares that are random each and every time.

Cal427eb

I hope so but... it most likely will just be scripted events.  :-\ If they are scripted they better be damn good scripted events too.

ShadowPred

They should only use scripted events when they actually move the story forward.

SM

SM

QuoteHopefully they get Bishops legs positioned the right way.

Based on what we've seen so far - they're not.  Unless someone moved them.  Stupid thing is they seem to have gotten the position of his top half correct.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 11, 2013, 02:36:00 AM

Absolutamente.

Add to that was the passive poo-pooing of Resurrection "While Resurrection is just random stuff..."  Obviously not random enough to not nick the egg designs as well as the cryotube designs.

Cal427eb

I agree as well but you know developers these days.

I haven't played too many horror games but are there any that have unscripted events that actually work? I've heard of Amnesia and Penumbra but I can't think of anything else that is mostly unscripted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed