Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2012, 09:13:42 AM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer (Read 75,495 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 02, 2013, 05:51:09 AM
Hicks was out like a light when they landed back on the Sulaco, so I presume Bishop gave him "something for the pain" straight after Ripley and Hicks exchanged first names. There's just no way Hicks could send a message unless he was woken out of cryo-sleep later.

There's an indeterminate amount of time between Ripley dunking the Queen and them going into hypersleep. If Hicks sent a message it was likely then.

CainsSon

Quote from: SM on Jan 02, 2013, 10:51:57 PM
Hicks was out like a light when they landed back on the Sulaco, so I presume Bishop gave him "something for the pain" straight after Ripley and Hicks exchanged first names. There's just no way Hicks could send a message unless he was woken out of cryo-sleep later.

There's an indeterminate amount of time between Ripley dunking the Queen and them going into hypersleep. If Hicks sent a message it was likely then.

^This.

If it IS Hicks they wake up, I say his storyline is taking place IN-TANDEM with what is occurring on FURY 161.
PERSONALLY, I don't like any of this storyline. Ive always been fine with Hicks being dead, but if they go with the idea that Ripley ends her life to save Earth, and maybe Hicks is awoken and hassled... and then he kills some guy who is up to no good and fakes his death in order to go all DIE HARD and shit and kill off all Company and Aliens onboard the Sulaco, then I guess that's an OK idea. But WHY invent all this shit on HADLEY'S HOPE? Just why?

I just think that with 'HOLLYWOOD WRITERS' they should have come up with some original ideas. Also I have no problem with the 'Egg Mystery,' but if I had to solve it, I would just invent some PROMETHEUS-like connection between Black Goo and Facehugger giz.

Nutlink

I find it unlikely that he sent that on the Sulaco after the Queen was dropped and before they went to hypersleep.  He stated "Consider all Colonial Marines dispatched to LV-426 to be KIA."  I'm sure the message is longer in the game, but just based off of what we hear it sounds like he's including himself.  If that's the case, and it's between the Queen incident and hypersleep, why would he tell them to consider him KIA as well?

PsyKore

Quote from: Nutlink on Jan 03, 2013, 03:30:54 AM

I find it unlikely that he sent that on the Sulaco after the Queen was dropped and before they went to hypersleep.  He stated "Consider all Colonial Marines dispatched to LV-426 to be KIA."  I'm sure the message is longer in the game, but just based off of what we hear it sounds like he's including himself.  If that's the case, and it's between the Queen incident and hypersleep, why would he tell them to consider him KIA as well?

From the film, I got the impression that he was unconscious right up to when Ripley and Newt went to sleep as well, but that's not certain I guess. Only reason I assumed that is because you can see he's still knocked out before his hypersleep chamber is closing, so it appeared to me he was in that state for the whole duration on board the Sulaco.

I'm thinking he was woken from hypersleep much later. But I wonder, if he was woken later, if he might have been forced to send that message at gunpoint by someone (whoever woke him up) to discourage more Marines coming. This would fit with the whole "body swap" idea too. I dunno, just guessing.

SM

SM

I woulda thought it was obvious that since he's sending the message, he's not including himself.

Logically the only time he could send it was between the Queen fight and the end of the film.

But logic went out the window a long time ago with this storyline, so for all we know he sent it BEFORE Ripley was even found by the salvage team and was in league with the evil Bishop droid all along...

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2013, 08:23:37 AM

I woulda thought it was obvious that since he's sending the message, he's not including himself.

Logically the only time he could send it was between the Queen fight and the end of the film.

But logic went out the window a long time ago with this storyline, so for all we know he sent it BEFORE Ripley was even found by the salvage team and was in league with the evil Bishop droid all along...

lolol!

ScardyFox

Maybe they're pulling a Star Trek and this isn't the prime universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y#

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2013, 08:23:37 AM

Why wouldn't he be? Perhaps he assumes he's going to die as well.

Nutlink

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2013, 08:23:37 AMI woulda thought it was obvious that since he's sending the message, he's not including himself.

Not entirely.  He could be assuming that they weren't going to make it and that he was going to die in the explosion if he sent it while Ripley was running off to save Newt.  If he sent it between the Queen fight and the end of the film then why would he send it when a rescue team is expected in 17 days and he's on his way home?  I'm not sure of the travel time between Earth and LV-426, but assuming he sent a direct message it would take 2 weeks to reach Earth (based on the conversation between Lydecker and Al).  If the message was received within 14 days they wouldn't send a rescue team if he was alive.  He could have just stated that most of the Marines were KIA and that they were on their way home.

If he planned on having it as a repeating broadcast on the ground, it would most likely be destroyed in the blast.  The only thing that would make sense is if he had a broadcaster orbiting the planet.  If it WAS something orbiting the planet, don't you think that by the time the fight with the Queen was over they would be too far away from the planet to have a self-powered device send the message far enough to reach a ship around the planet?  The message itself doesn't make sense, much less the time frame of which it was recorded.

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2013, 08:23:37 AMLogically the only time he could send it was between the Queen fight and the end of the film.

Ha!  I kind of just want to play the game to see how they answer these questions, although I'm not expecting anything rational or logical by any means.

9th_Stew

Hicks seems alittle too awake in his recording.

cultistofvertigo

Hmm...

Well, I know this is like "Aliens: the game" and so it's supposed to look exactly like Aliens. But, it's bit much even for that. I'm not seeing anything new. Maybe it's just the speculation in this thread, but do we REALLY need another god damn "Weyland-Yutani is evil" plot? I hope that's not what's going on here. I hope something weird happened on the Sulaco that doesn't involve humans. Something creepy and bizarre. I've seen corporate executives try to met a bottom line before, I don't really need that again.

Although, if I'm letting some speculation get to my head, I should say that I think this idea that Hicks is still alive is a little TOO far out there. I love that Alien 3 subverts the goofy hollywood ending of Aliens and just kills everyone. I don't see any good that can come from retconing that, and more over, there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to think Hicks didn't make some sort of a ship log before going into his cryotube. I would think that's kind of what you do. Heck, Ripley did it, and she's not military or anything.

Am I the only one who feels like these guys are sitting on a story that's actually pretty cool and interesting, but the only things they're teasing is all the crap and fat? Like, not so much blind optimism, just that they don't want to spoil any of the really neat stuff, so they just shovel out nonsense like "because of all the radiation" and "let's show you all the stuff from that movie you've already seen?" It just seems like this can't possibly be all there is to it. And not so much just like "why don't they tell us how it ends" but more like "why don't they tell us why I should care."

No, they're definitely just sitting on a wicked awesome jockey-queen boss fight. Something's up... hmmm...

ShadowPred

Quote from: 9th_Stew on Jan 03, 2013, 11:39:04 PM
Hicks seems alittle too awake in his recording.

Now I'm wondering if there was something more to him than we thought? Could he just have been bullshitting the whole semi-unconscious thing?

Time for Gearbox to answer.

SM

SM

QuoteNot entirely.  He could be assuming that they weren't going to make it and that he was going to die in the explosion if he sent it while Ripley was running off to save Newt. 

Possibly.  The background of the shot still doesn't look like the dropship though.

But as per previous posts, this proves nothing considering how "authentic" other aspects are.

We'll know soon enough.

QuoteHa!  I kind of just want to play the game to see how they answer these questions, although I'm not expecting anything rational or logical by any means.

I just want to shoot Aliens.  The story is a load of shit.

Enenra

Not a graphics whore, but I wish they game looked at least on par with AvP2010. It looks like a PS2 game. I pray the graphics are tighter when the game drops, it won't be as immersive otherwise.

If the gameplay is solid and fun though, I'll forgive the graphics. But hopefully I can have my cake and eat it too.

Xenomrph

To be fair graphics aren't the be-all end-all -- I love the old AvP PC game to death and find it immersive and tense as hell, and it's pretty lacking in the graphics department by modern standards.

Then again I also play Wolfenstein3D regularly and still have fun with it, so your mileage may vary I guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed