Damon Lindelof is Not Writing the PROMETHEUS Sequel; Explains Why

Started by ace3g, Dec 20, 2012, 04:57:29 AM

Author
Damon Lindelof is Not Writing the PROMETHEUS Sequel; Explains Why (Read 27,495 times)

Lie

Let me be the first to say;

BULLSHIT!

He just wanted his 5 minutes in the sun and to walk away from the table while his still got his praise, I don't blame him that Lost ending must of been hard on him if he felt he put his heart into it, I don't blame personally I think he truly is a talented writer. I listened to his Commentary he had some good ideas that might have made the film more up the Aliens fans street.

Blacklabel

maledoro

Real reason: "Ebberboddy hates me..."

ChrisPachi

"So Ridley and I talked about what that other thing might be, and he was excited about doing it. But then I think what ended up happening was that the movie came out, and there was a reaction to the movie."

The truth will out.

Vepariga

no great loss, loved the movie but yeah not a real care if Damon dont want to hang on to it.

SuicideDoors

I wasn't particularly happy with the movie, but the viral stuff, from what I understand is Lindelof's contribution, was fantastic. I exchanged words with him at the London premiere, he seems a nice quirky guy.

As an Alien fan I hope some proper Alien stuff is in the sequel, penis headed Aliens and all. Prometheus missed that antagonist.

Cvalda

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on Dec 20, 2012, 05:18:30 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_memo9nUbm81rvo2qq.gif

;D ;D

Let's just hope Disney doesn't hire Lindelof to ruin a new Star Wars film.

Good to see ya' back here, Cvalda.  You've been missed.

newbeing

After listening to the blu ray commentary I actual felt Lindelof added the best elements of Prometheus, such as the talk between David and Holloway. Wasn't Spaihts the one that the scientists act like scared morons? If anything I felt like Damon Lindelof shared too much of the blame. If he should be blamed for anything it should have been for not removing more of Spaihts's goofy ideas.

Either way i hope they get better writers for the sequel, and consider the problems that plagued the original.

fiveways

I hope Spaiht isnt invited back.  People complain about Lindelof script but the Spaiht one was beyond terrible.  Dark Horse comics were better constructed then that piece of shit.

bishoop

bishoop

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I Don't really care for Jon Spaiht draft as his had what every AVP movie would have had already : Facehuggers, eggs, blah blahh blah chestburster,type of shite I could have daydreamed on my lunch break . Literally would have been a really BAD Aliens Resurrection with a budget of 1 million dollars. Terrible. Nothing new or exciting. Then Damon came in and RIPPED IT TO SHREDS, and made a cool unique new Aliens with more. I dare you to not be excited for that. It did make more than 3  times what it cost.

"I'm sorry Jon, but I'm gonna borrow your....ooops! "

Deuterium

Quote from: fiveways on Dec 20, 2012, 06:55:13 PM
I hope Spaiht isnt invited back.  People complain about Lindelof script but the Spaiht one was beyond terrible.  Dark Horse comics were better constructed then that piece of shit.

If Prometheus 2 goes forward, I would be very surprised if Spaiht's were to be involved.  Of course, the studio execs in Hollywood never cease to amaze me with some of their decisions...so anything is possible.  And that is nothing against Mr. Spaiht's as a person.  I am sure he is a fine bloke.  I just am not a fan of his writing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed