Preview Event Coverage - Extermination Mode & Gameplay Videos

Started by ikarop, Dec 11, 2012, 02:12:24 PM

Author
Preview Event Coverage - Extermination Mode & Gameplay Videos (Read 38,875 times)

acrediblesource

WinterActual

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 01, 2013, 05:16:55 PM
Evac was progressive like Rush. Extermination wasn't. I didn't really like Extermination.

The second game-type we played was called Extermination. Like the Escape mode, you swap species after each round completion. For Extermination you can only score points as the marines. The way to score points being to arm as many bombs as you can before the time limit runs out. These bombs were described by the representatives as arming devices to destroy mini-hives. As Aliens, you've simply got to stop them.To arm the bombs, there needs to be a Colonial Marine player around one of the objective points for a duration of around 30 seconds. If the Aliens can get in there and kill the marine players before that time is up, then they obviously do not get that point. Then rinse and repeat. There were numerous objective points scattered around the map and you basically go around on a loop until the time is up.I did not particularly enjoy this mode. The objective points simply "regen" and you go to the same points again and again. To say we're supposed to be arming bombs, there are no little explosions or variation in the location of the objective points to spice things up. It did get a bit dull.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/aliens-colonial-marines-sega/avpgalaxy-preview/

This sounds bad :\ I guess I'll stick to Escape and Survival modes then.

Stringer2355

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2012, 01:10:54 PM
If anyone has any questions, I'm free to answer them now. Shout up, I'll answer as best as I can.

Campaign Co-Op: Who do you play as ? some Grunt or 1 of 4 characters (The latest single player video shows "Find Bella & Reid")

Controller layout, what button does what ?

Marine Single Player load out, do you carry 3 weapons , exp: Pulse rifle, shotgun, pistol

Spaghetti

The more stuff they reveal the less impressed I get.

shadowedge

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Jan 01, 2013, 06:33:23 PM
Campaign Co-Op: Who do you play as ? some Grunt or 1 of 4 characters (The latest single player video shows "Find Bella & Reid")

Didn't get to play co-op campaign, only single. Play as Winters in single.

QuoteController layout, what button does what ?

Can't really remember dude. Left bumper brought the tracker up. I remember that.

QuoteMarine Single Player load out, do you carry 3 weapons , exp: Pulse rifle, shotgun, pistol

Yep. As simple as that.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Jan 01, 2013, 06:33:23 PM

According to what they said last year, the host plays as Cpl. Winter while the other players select from the following:

Left to right - Demarcus Short, Jennifer Redding, and Guillermo Quintaro.

R Lar

I noticed something small..

In games such as Aliens Vs Predator you heavily relied on your shoulder lamp to guide you through the game, but in this game it looks as though the shoulder lamp is nonexistent.

Watching over footage, the game relies on the environment lighting and it seems like your shoulder lamp doesn't light up anything at all. Everything already seems well light and visible.

I think that's what made AvP pretty scary is that it was dark and your lamp only showed so much that you didn't know where an Alien might pop from. Maybe the shoulder lamp is off during the gameplay... I don't know?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed