Dark Souls II

Started by scarhunter92, Dec 10, 2012, 10:08:00 AM

Author
Dark Souls II (Read 15,947 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 23, 2014, 06:49:09 AM
Never played these games, are they as hard as everyone claims?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They aren't easy.  The ability to tag team the bosses with friends makes it much easier than it would be otherwise.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Not really. The first one, was a clever trick by the game developers to drag you in for the attack, focusing on the guy attacking you. The second one was kinda bullshit, since you couldn't even see that guy in the darkness, unless you could maybe hear him, but still.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

First one, yeah it's a trick. But it's Dark Souls, a game known for being called difficult. You should expect them to pull shit like that.

Second one, though, I agree is kinda bullshit since the first Dark Souls game didn't even have torches to light up the area around you.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The first one is total bullshit. If that happens to me I will uninstall the game right away lol

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

The only one I truly believe is bullshit is the second one, in the dark. The first one, if you just have the camera pointing to the left a bit, that enemy becomes clearly in sight.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Yeah, but most people wouldn't do that because they're so focused on the enemy ahead of them. Sure, it's not impossible to spot him, but the level designers purposely hid him like that on purpose. That's where the trial and error comes into play.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its just like playing an old platform game back in the day.  You have to remember where all the baddies are so you can deal with them.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Just had some guy make me invade him in the rat area, used chameleon to turn into a rat statue and stood in the big circle area at the start. The guy kept running around looking for me then stopped just a bit away from me as the time ran out, then I did laps around him as the statue before I disappeared. Love this game.

Quote from: KNIGHT on Apr 25, 2014, 01:26:29 AM
The only one I truly believe is bullshit is the second one, in the dark. The first one, if you just have the camera pointing to the left a bit, that enemy becomes clearly in sight.
Nah that second one is fair, you don't go into the tomb of giants without the skull lantern unless you want to be murdered like that.
Agree on the first one though. You have a third person camera so may as well abuse it and check every corner before you walk past it, noticed there has been a ton of situations like in that gif in DS2 as well.

ShadowPred

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

YES! A DARK SOULS THREAD =D

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Got the game for PC.

Trying to get a controller to work with this game is making me wish someone would just shoot me in the leg. Would be less painful.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Made a Sorcerer just to try it out. I liked Sorcerer in Dark Souls 1, especially with full Black Iron Set and Moonlight Greatsword + 5

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed