Character Descriptions

Started by ikarop, Dec 04, 2012, 08:30:23 PM

Author
Character Descriptions (Read 37,887 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 10, 2012, 06:40:34 PM
I pictured Brothers In Arms in space.

That too.

In other words I wish they delivered us a bunch of helmet wearing grunts.

And btw., as much as Bella feels like another sexualized cute face eye-candy for male gamers, O'neil annoys me even more... He looks like a total cartoon character. Like some Gears of War jarhead. Beefed up steroid toddler biker wannabe moron. He looks ridiculous and completely out of place, whereas his buddy Cruz looks like he belongs to Deus Ex or something.

Predaker

Predaker

Squad based games are fun in their own way but personally I always wanted a traditional FPS co-op for an Aliens game. My younger brother would probably be more interested in this game if it had squad based gameplay, though. (We are close in age but have different tastes.)

Back on topic: Winter excels in firepower... does that mean he has big guns? Lol

WinterActual

WinterActual

Everything that SpreadEagleBeagle said.

O'Neil remind me of Francis from L4D lol

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 10, 2012, 07:14:48 PM
Everything that SpreadEagleBeagle said.

O'Neil remind me of Francis from L4D lol

Oh man, yeah you're right. They look related to say the least.

szkoki

szkoki

so still the 4th
Spoiler
and the worst
[close]
movie owns the best videogame adaptation title?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ucl5Q3KXUY
:P

sry last off :)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

A:R the game was, and is, amazing. Nerve-wrecking, sweaty and scary, always keeping you on your toes.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It was underrated.  Last scary Alien related game, and one where the Aliens were absolutely lethal.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 10, 2012, 06:21:00 PM
I'm glad they ditched the squad based gameplay.

Wait, what?! They removed this from the campaign?!

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 10, 2012, 08:53:24 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Dec 10, 2012, 06:21:00 PM
I'm glad they ditched the squad based gameplay.

Wait, what?! They removed this from the campaign?!

Originally it was going to be squad command gameplay where you control 4 different characters at once, giving them orders and switching between them as needed.

Now it has the story with the host playing Winter and up to 3 others can join in for co-op and play the campaign together as a team.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I was of the understanding that the game was simply going to be you controlling one guy, while the AI was controlling other members of the group you are in? So am I wrong to think that this means I'm not going to be seeing any of this?

chupacabras acheronsis

nope.

Winters-do-everything time.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 10, 2012, 09:03:13 PM
nope.

Winters-do-everything time.

Wow, well this really f**king sucks, the only reason I even cared about this game was because I thought it would be Winters plus a few marines in missions together with the occasional "Winters do this!" mission. Damn, I'm really upset about this...well, not sure if it's even worth getting just to play with other people.

Predaker

Predaker

Not sure what the confusion is about exactly, but various parts of the campaign will have AI marines with you. You don't control what they do, but there will be other marines around. The Sephora has a full batallion of 400 marines and there will also be the main characters Bella, Cruz, and ONeal.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

they're set pieces. animatronics at a theme park.

they won't interact or do anything but what the script says. they'll be there for the scene being and most likely f**k off until the next segment while you wade through alone, that's how games do it now. at most they will be AI roaming some area until they're killed or you finish. you probably will have to take care of them if that's the case, which i would be okay with if i had the smallest amount of control over them.

If, if, if, if...

Predaker

Predaker

Yee-haw!! Let's shoot some Gearbox aliens, y'all!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed