Character Descriptions

Started by ikarop, Dec 04, 2012, 08:30:23 PM

Author
Character Descriptions (Read 37,350 times)

SM

SM

Because it's quite obviously not.

Like Moosh said, O'Neal's experience on the Sulaco was before the events in Aliens.

szkoki

szkoki

How about simple but cool characters like in this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET0lub5ojDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lktftH0f8oc

Dennis, Roger, the Major, Ferril, Gery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOzXEvGKZjA

and these werent even  blockbuster games...should i post earlier resident evil games?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2012, 09:54:54 AM
Because it's quite obviously not.

Like Moosh said, O'Neal's experience on the Sulaco was before the events in Aliens.
Before Aliens the Sulaco was occupied by Apone's platoon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

On that particular mission. See back to the mentions of CMTM.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Such lame super hero characters... Gearbox are drifting further and further away from the Alien universe for every new release and trailer floating by. I think we're going to end up with another generic sci-fi FPS. I have completely lost my appetite for this game.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 09, 2012, 09:48:21 PM
Such lame super hero characters... Gearbox are drifting further and further away from the Alien universe for every new release and trailer floating by. I think we're going to end up with another generic sci-fi FPS. I have completely lost my appetite for this game.

Yeah, but the game looks freakin awesome and it will play awesome. Why so down chum. Downess has a tendency to become viral.

Capsule

Capsule

I have to agree that the characters are very cardboardy. If Randy would really want to impress Cameron with his 'canon' then he'd add a properly strong female character, not just a pair of tits and ass. Linda Hamilton, Sigourney, Mary.. they're not the most beautiful, they're rough survivors. This princess Leia is targeted for young male players and the whole calculativeness in that aspect of entertainment industry ruins many good sci-fi movies and especially games. Check out the new Total Recall to see my point. Guns, cars, tech, babes. Plastic, soulless, calculated, targeted .. Where are the ugly people? Women with scars!!

reecebomb

reecebomb

Im sorry, but these characters seem so uninspired and conflict with alien universe. Bella looks really similar to Tequila, who looks a lot like Michelle Rodriguez. To they really have to steal from everywhere, nothing about this game hints originality.
Probably will still buy it though, even if the experience will be masohistic.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Capsule on Dec 10, 2012, 11:59:21 AM
Where are the ugly people? Women with scars!!
In Dredd  ;D

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 10, 2012, 12:02:33 PM
Im sorry, but these characters seem so uninspired and conflict with alien universe. Bella looks really similar to Tequila, who looks a lot like Michelle Rodriguez.
I hated Tequila.

szkoki

szkoki

Looks like this game will come down to this...it will be like AVP but with realistic resemblences to the movie Aliens and with a decent multiplayer mode but the characters, the story all will be cheesy and lame again i fear....thats it no hope for good clever ideas in videogaming nowdays, just about graphic and about making the game possible to sell it to the widest range of costumers.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I actually thought that was what one of the things AvP2010 did right.  Its depiction of the Marines was pretty close to accurate.  Marines are confident.  Infantry Marines confidence borders on arrogance.

Had a redbadge female Marine offer to hold my watch when we played her platoon in football today.

"Hey dickface, come here and I'll hold your watch.  f**ktard." 

That was them being nice.

The Marines as characters don't disappoint me, it is the fact that the Marines are in so many Aliens games.  Thats just one group of all different orders of society in the human race.  Use some different characters from somewhere creators.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 10, 2012, 03:56:49 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 09, 2012, 09:48:21 PM

Yeah, but the game looks freakin awesome and it will play awesome. Why so down chum. Downess has a tendency to become viral.

Because I don't like the direction this game is heading.

It was supposed to be a squad based game staying true to the lore, delivering us the ultimate Aliens experience. But when taking a peek at the game as it looks right now it looks less Aliens than AVP2010.

Predaker

Predaker

I'm glad they ditched the squad based gameplay.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 10, 2012, 06:21:00 PM
I'm glad they ditched the squad based gameplay.

Really? Hmm. Well, the squad based gameplay take was what made me really interested in the game in the first place.

I was pretty much picturing ALIENS - The Board Game (flash version), but as a FPS.

chupacabras acheronsis

I pictured Brothers In Arms in space.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed