SANCTIONED: An Original Web-Comic by ShadowPred

Started by ShadowPred, Dec 02, 2012, 01:31:18 AM

Author
SANCTIONED: An Original Web-Comic by ShadowPred (Read 16,855 times)

Space Sweeper

ShadowPred

I bet the cover is gonna be sweet.

Cal427eb

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 23, 2014, 07:03:42 AM

COMING SOON
Spoiler

[close]
Ayyyyy, this is that one scene you were telling me about.

ShadowPred

Not sure if it is lol.

Cal427eb

Or maybe it was Sweeps telling me about it. Not sure.

ShadowPred

Just click the image above to be taken to the issue itself.
Been a long time coming for this thing to be released, now I just gotta overwork myself for the rest to come out in a timely fashion. Expect more than just issues to be posted in the following weeks. And as always, leave whatever feedback you'd like to give, as long as it's constructive of course.

Vickers

Great collaboration, guys.

Just 2 nitpicks:
- I just got a bit confused with the dialogue bubbles in one part: where the soldiers are watching the news report. I was able to figure it out but it wasn't 100% clear right off the bat. Maybe it's just me though so take it with a pinch of salt.
- There was a typo: the first panel on page 9 says "strenght"

And now onto the good stuff:
- Loved the focus on one special.
- The writing was solid.
- Love the way you composed the panels.
- Loved how you gave the illusion of certain effects (like speed and being underwater).
- All the panels looked great.

Question: Was that blood coming from her wrists in the pool? And was that just metaphorical imagery relating to her trying to take her life in the bathtub? That's how I took it anyway.

Cal427eb

Yeah, I don't think she literally cut her arms again, but it was just metaphorical. Yeah, that dialogue got me tripped up a little bit, but it was pretty easy to get back on track. The one bubble just needed to be raised slightly, in my opinion. Agreed with everything Vickers said about the good shit. Looks like we're getting closer to SANCTIONED's own super team. Also, that's one groovy cover.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Vickers on Aug 13, 2014, 11:27:39 AM
"strenght"
I thought I caught them all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck#

And yee, the whole blood thing is metaphorical to what had happened before, cus at that point Amy is slipping, especially after what she did to Daniel, and what he said at the ICU. By the end of it, as you can see, she's getting out of that pit of despair. So expect to see a more confident Amy in the next issues that will focus on her.

Next issue is being worked on, so expect some more news on that before the end of next week. More virals WILL come, but mostly they'll just be a a vague tease of what's to come instead of being as straightforward as what I have posted before..

Space Sweeper

Thanks for the feedback, guys, and another special thanks to Shadow for trusting me with this, and wonderfully illustrating my ramblings!

To clarify absolutely, the blood drifting from her wrists was entirely hallucinatory. I wanted to allude to Amy having perhaps more hallucinations due to her disconnect with space-time, but I think that disconnect is alluded to in other places, either visual or things she speaks of inside. A lot of the imagery I was prompting was in metaphorical motion, as I wanted to tie a bow on the thematic content of the issue with the space that I had, and Shadow delivered in spades (after listening to me talk about it beyond extensively, no doubt). Glad you guys enjoyed the issue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcJR3jJ_zo#

ShadowPred

Just a tease that relates to the next issue. I'll also be taking a break from the site for a bit, because I gotta enter crunch mode with this series, I've already been posting less and less as of late, so just expect more of that.

Blacklabel

Time to start reading this. :P

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 22, 2014, 04:24:26 PM
Time to start reading this. :P
Took ya lomg enough! Support yo local artists, people!

#SanctionedArmy

Blacklabel

Finished the last issue.

Pretty good! :)

Fave character is Amy, so far. Followed by Bridget. :P

ShadowPred

Click the above, folks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed