SANCTIONED: An Original Web-Comic by ShadowPred

Started by ShadowPred, Dec 02, 2012, 01:31:18 AM

Author
SANCTIONED: An Original Web-Comic by ShadowPred (Read 16,872 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

SANCTIONED: A Synopsis

SANCTIONED is about a normal world, with normal people. Suddenly, one day, everything changes and certain people across the globe gain different abilities, abilities that turn them into super-powered humans. These people become known as The Empowered and they are as confused about their situation as everyone else. The Empowered have been given abilities by a mysterious force in order to face off against a future threat, one that is left as vague for them as it is to you – the reader. SANCTIONED will focus on four individuals, each with different beliefs and attitudes towards their current situation. The only common thread they have with each other is that they are part of The Empowered, and each will face this reality in different ways that will ultimately lead them to the same path, a path that will prove to be more dangerous than any of them realized.

Down below in the spoiler tag are the 4 most recent images of our Main Characters who we will be following. They are self-explanatory in regards to figuring out their powers since I drew them into the images themselves.

Spoiler
Dominic Acosta

Amy Quinn

Bridget Adams

Peter Toriyama

[close]

You can see more here: http://superbombad.deviantart.com/

There's quite a few images in there that show the same characters along with two others I didn't show in the spoiler tag. I'll definitely be filling the gallery up as I continue to draw and think up new characters. The way this is going to work though is that I'll only be uploading images of things you will end up seeing in whatever the current issue is going to be, for example: Issue 1 is going to be obviously the first issue you'll all see which means I will only upload concept art of things related to that issue and nothing more.

I also have this blog for the web comic: http://sanctionedcomic.blogspot.com/

This is where I will be releasing most of the news related to this, and also where I will release each issue. I'll definitely post like 4 page previews on this thread and I'll link you to the blog-post of each issue. I will also be updating this first post with links to all issues releases along with some other things I have planned in the coming months, possibly the next couple of years depending on how much of a fan base this thing even gets.

So this is pretty much it for today. I've been currently working on thumbnails for the first two pages of SANCTIONED, so I'm not sure if I'll be done with those and then start working on the pages later tonight, but I know for sure that by tomorrow I'll be hard at work on this thing to get this out before the month is out.

For anyone that would like to take a step back in time, here's the original thread for this when I came up with the idea last october: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=40685.0

Aspie

Aspie

oh sh*t oh sh*t oh sh*t

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

This sounds even more incredible than what I had imagined based on the original synopsis back when it was called Empowered! The artwork is looking bloody fantastic as well, I really like the character designs-- they seem like a diverse set of individuals. Seriously excited to get to read this; I'll totally back the living shit out of this series.

I'm also thinking about making a 'AvP Galaxy Original Series' thread with this here; there's so much that can be done with one and the amount of creativity coming from all of these is downright abnormal in the best possible way.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Interesting concept you've got here. I'll be sure to check in for any updates.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I can feel the excitement from here guys, thank you so much. Definite boost in confidence, so many thanks for that. And you're right Sweeps, they definitely are diverse characters, neither one of them has the same motivations, their morals definitely differ from one another and is to me possibly the most defining part of these individual characters. At this point I have no idea where they'll go in the future, and this is what I am most excited for, because I myself have come out of writing an issue surprised.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Can't wait to do fan art for this.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 02, 2012, 02:05:30 AM
Can't wait to do fan art for this.

When that happens, I hope to have these bastards in "gear."

Also, I would like to add that character descriptions will arrive in the next few days or so.

Cvalda

Cvalda

WOOR

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Dec 02, 2012, 02:58:57 AM
WOOR

WOOR

Well my peeps, it is time for me to look at these thumbnails and see if I like them, be back in a while and update on what is happening.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Reminds me a bit of Heroes. Hopefully it will turn out just as good, or perhaps better. Will certainly keep an eye on this.

Vepariga

Vepariga

WOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRR!!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Bloody fantastic to see this finally going forward.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Was working on this either 2 hours ago, or 90 minutes ago, I can't tell for sure. Anyway, here's a taste of the 4 Page Preview I have lined up for either Monday or Tuesday night.

This be page 1 from Issue 1 (obviously) finally coming into existence from the script I worked on in February. Actually pretty happy this is happening now.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 02, 2012, 08:09:08 AM
This be page 1 from Issue 1 (obviously) finally coming into existence from the script I worked on in February. Actually pretty happy this is happening now.

Woor.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 02, 2012, 08:09:08 AM
Was working on this either 2 hours ago, or 90 minutes ago, I can't tell for sure. Anyway, here's a taste of the 4 Page Preview I have lined up for either Monday or Tuesday night.

Its happening!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed