In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,398,550 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The significant gripe was over mostly white and obviously "prejudiced" police departments targeting and abusing majority black communities. It just so happens that here the police doing the victimizing of a black man in a fairly diversified city also happened to be well diversified themselves. Still I can't help but think that the van driver was charge with 2nd degree murder because he was black too. There's a sick and twisted irony here.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I know what the gripe was but that still doesn't detract from the fact their 'fight for justice' has had the kibosh put on it by the fact there are black cops involved, it wasn't an all white affair. If it were 6 white cops their arguments and case would be so much easier to, dare I say...play the race card.

I still can't work out what exactly the cops are suppose to have done. There were 6 of them, they all beat him? was improperly restrained in police van? bad driving??

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

As best as I understand it, the guy was supposed to have been buckled up and that is not up for discussion. It's police policy and the law. They had to do it but the cops excuse for not doing so was that he was too dangerous to buckle up because of the risk of him biting one of them. Which is bs, I mean there were 6 cops on scene yet they didn't do it and shut the door. Now I don't know exactly what "buckled up" means, did it mean seat belted or physically restrained; I'm assuming seat belted as he had to have been hand chuffed. Apparently none of them did that and he suffered the fatal injury in route to prison. Still I don't know how the drive alone could have caused it since he looked pretty f**ked up before he even got in the van. Maybe the van hit some potholes.

They should have called an ambulance.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baltimore-states-attorney-happened-freddie-gray/story?id=30732387

Well shit, I can see why they call it "depraved heart" murder 2.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/freddiegray.asp

He wasn't an angel but this very well could have been a lynching.

If these charges are proven to be true then the cops should be held accountable because we as a civilization can't behave like this but on the other side of the coin Freddi Gray appears to be the monster on the corner that we are all warned about since kindergarten. The predator that destroys other people on a personal level by praying on their weaknesses. He's a multiple count convicted hard-drug dealer. This is just a disaster all around.

Gate

Gate

Has anyone read the headlines about Baltimore in North Korea, Russia, Venezuela? It's hilarious.

http://www.globalpost.com/article/6532802/2015/04/29/how-countries-hate-us-are-covering-baltimore

Corporal Hicks

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gate on May 03, 2015, 04:07:58 PM
Has anyone read the headlines about Baltimore in North Korea, Russia, Venezuela? It's hilarious.

http://www.globalpost.com/article/6532802/2015/04/29/how-countries-hate-us-are-covering-baltimore

North Korea wants to talk about human rights? That's a laugh.

Gate

Gate

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/white-fragility-why-its-so-hard-to-talk-to-white-people-about-racism-twlm/

This page does a wonderful job as respectfully explaining the problems between racial discussions between people of color and whites in America I recommend reading this if you want a good perspective or feel as if your arguments are always poorly structured.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I cannot recall ever even witnessing genuine racism in person, and I'm sick of hearing about it. I chalk it up as simply baggage from previous generations--thought pollution for those of us who won't have anything to do with it.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on May 05, 2015, 07:43:19 PM
I cannot recall ever even witnessing genuine racism in person, and I'm sick of hearing about it. I chalk it up as simply baggage from previous generations--thought pollution for those of us who won't have anything to do with it.
The article describes one of the problems as your exact behavior, lmao.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Gate on May 05, 2015, 08:45:44 PM
The article describes one of the problems as your exact behavior, lmao.
:D I skimmed half the article before closing it, but felt my post would be considered an example.

It's not just racism. Society is inflamed by a myriad of stupid shit that doesn't matter, and racism fits my personal list of those things. You don't win by involving yourself with it. Maybe that's selfish, or maybe not all of us can be an mlk. I think it's naive to assume everyone has passion concerning social issues.

I think how a person approaches issues of race is a lot like how they approach sexuality. Someone who insist they aren't racist, or the stereotypical white person scared to death of offending colored folk, I think is also the type of person insecure about the possibility of being gay or being perceived gay by their peers.

_________

Hmm, after reading the first paragraph, I see I need to clarify it. The mistreatment of people for their race is obviously unacceptable, and an important issue, but I don't think it needs to permeate the social awareness to the extent that it has, and that it's creating fallout issues for the people that racism was never relevant to, and sensitizes people to react to things they other wise would not have.

Those who do harm to others on  the basis of skin color are sick individuals. But then, there are so many aspects of our society that are sick.

I've accepted it. The media outlets and outraged people on their 15 minutes are beating a dead horse. We get it already. Sometimes you just have to wait for certain traits of a civilization to die out.

What it boils down to is a small group of idiots ruining things for the rest of us, and then a larger portion of the population responding and raising a stink over it. Sound familiar? Same thing with terrorists, feminists, and internet trolls---products of our immature attention seeking victim mentality culture.

On a side note, white skin looks african in shortwave infrared light.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

American whites are so white that they don't even know they are white power! :P

Gate

Gate

The article is talking about the systemic oppression and lack of understanding that white people have about it. It has nothing to do with an individual's perception of racism.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

agree to disagree then. Same spectrum of issues.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on May 05, 2015, 03:18:12 PM
http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/white-fragility-why-its-so-hard-to-talk-to-white-people-about-racism-twlm/

This page does a wonderful job as respectfully explaining the problems between racial discussions between people of color and whites in America I recommend reading this if you want a good perspective or feel as if your arguments are always poorly structured.

Oh wow! ::)
Looked up the author, says it all  -_-

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/flashback-morgan-freeman-ending-racism-stop-talking-about-it

Morgan Freeman said it a decade ago, but I'm pretty sure the majority of SJWs would accuse him of having internalised racism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed