In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,398,138 times)

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Vepariga on Aug 19, 2014, 08:24:30 AM
Now that the national guard has been posted to Fergerson, I bet Alex Jones is having a spasm and blowing his own mind at his 'civil war' hype
Sharks caused Ferguson.

Who shot Michael Brown?

Officer Shark.

Gate

Gate

Can we honestly say that the Mike Brown shooting was a hate crime or is that what it's turned into by the media, police, and protest? Because I'm pretty sure we don't know if it was just stupidity on the officer's part, or really quick and badly-tuned survival reflexes(The double-tap).

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Man I feel bad for the highway patrol cop. He's trying to do it every way possible to avoid a riot yet is being f**ked by everyone around him for their own selfish reasons. Especially those wanna be news reporter bloggers that scream non-sense at the top of their lungs that achieve nothing but to incite more violence. And for f**ks sake cnn why the hell are you guys even there.

Unrelated but man that has got to suck.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/26311630/hpd-mourns-officer-killed-in-accidental-shooting

WinterActual

SM

SM

Quote from: Gate on Aug 19, 2014, 12:30:24 PM
Can we honestly say that the Mike Brown shooting was a hate crime or is that what it's turned into by the media, police, and protest? Because I'm pretty sure we don't know if it was just stupidity on the officer's part, or really quick and badly-tuned survival reflexes(The double-tap).

Or if, indeed, it's a hate crime.

We don't know yet, and the endless speculation doesn't help.  By the same token it didn't take long for the smear campaign to start on the victim either.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Hey Hubbsie -

QuoteThere is a current regional epidemic of viral hemorrhagic fever due to Ebola ravaging the countries of Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea in West Africa. In addition to the devastating human impact on civilians and healthcare workers the economic impact on these countries is estimated to be in the billions of US dollars. This is due to the fact that in Sierra Leone in particular the main agriculture producing region is the epicenter of the disease in that country. Orphaned families are unable to harvest crops and deliver them to markets for export.

Viral hemorrhagic fever caused by the Ebola virus currently does not have an approved cure or vaccine. However there are several vaccines and drugs in the developmental stage. One of the most promising is TKM-Ebola manufactured by Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: TKMR). This drug has been shown to be highly effective in killing the virus in primates and Phase 1 clinical trials to assess its safety in humans were started earlier this year. In July this year the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the United States of America placed a hold on this trial despite the fact that 14 research participants had already safely tolerated the drug.

Given that at least one patient has transferred the disease from Liberia to Nigeria by air travel, the possibility of a global pandemic becomes increasingly likely. In view of this it is imperative that the development of these drugs be fast tracked by the FDA and the first step should be releasing the hold on TKM-Ebola. There is a precedent for fast tracking anti-Ebola drugs in emergency cases as happened last year when a researcher was exposed to the virus and received an experimental vaccine.

Please sign this petition to accelerate development of TKM-Ebola and other anti-Ebola drugs and vaccines by the FDA

Update 8/6/14. I am also requesting that the FDA fast track clinical trials of Zmapp developed by Mapp Biopharmaceuticals. This experimental drug was used in the American aid workers and should undergo clinical trials to determine whether it can benefit the rest of the world.

https://www.change.org/p/food-and-drug-adminstration-fast-track-drug-and-vaccine-research-for-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever

SM

SM

Not sure how the FDA fast-tracking a drug approval will help people in west Africa.

SM

SM

I wouldn't pay for my coffee at a Starbucks either.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Well, yeah. Coffee is gross.

First Blood

First Blood

Coffee is for closers.

SM

SM

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 21, 2014, 09:26:03 PM

What Starbucks sells isn't coffee.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2014, 10:05:25 PM

Starbucks sells Mermaid Flesh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-P54MZVxMU#ws

This happens because this is how police officers are trained to respond. However why the hell did they have to shoot him when he was on the ground. Of course the reason is that they are trained to empty the magazine but still.... come on.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 21, 2014, 11:13:42 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2014, 10:05:25 PM

Starbucks sells Mermaid Flesh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-P54MZVxMU#ws

This happens because this is how police officers are trained to respond. However why the hell did they have to shoot him when he was on the ground. Of course the reason is that they are trained to empty the magazine but still.... come on.

This is my own analysis based on my studies from the Law Academy and my Criminology knowledge:

-This was a very stupid incident. It started over the theft of sodas. It even looks really stupid up until the confrontation with Mr. Powell and the Police.

-Okay, he has a knife. The cops must use lethal force to prevent an incident in which the man attacks them with his knife, but did they seriously fire off their handguns NINE times? I could understand something around three bullets but they fired a total of nine audible bullets. I guess this accounts for two officers gunning down the man.

-Now this is where it gets really stupid! They start handcuffing a dead person? Who are they trying to fool? You just filled that man with nine bullets! Did they think he was playing dead when he went limp?

-So in conclusion here, nobody is right in this situation. The question as to whether the shooting was justified in my opinion? Unfortunately yes. He was approaching officers with a knife in hand and appeared to have no intention to stop. Can some of you disagree with that? Sure you can, but I'm just telling you that it has been proven 100% possible that a person holding the knife from 21-13 feet away can swiftly approach an officer with a gun lowered or holstered and actually harm them, and that's the statute that all Law Enforcement Agencies nationally follow. Again, this was over two sodas... Why do people put themselves through this?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

They're trained to shoot em till they drop completely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed