Survivor Multiplayer Trailer

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 20, 2012, 10:08:48 AM

Author
Survivor Multiplayer Trailer (Read 55,765 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 02, 2012, 06:44:15 PM

How can this be a L4D style game when there aren't any zombies and the enemies do entirely different  things.
The regular xenos (drones) are used as trash thrown at players just like the zombies in L4D. The problem is that the whole point for the most dangerous organism in the galaxy is missing with making the regular xenos not representing any threat and their role is to cover and take bullets for the special type xenos. The special type of xenos which are completely new and not in the canon, representing the special infected from L4D. Also the game was supposed to be class based shooter but just like in L4D - everybody can use everything and basically there are no roles.

You see - people are complaining because the game is not the same game announced back then in 2006 which was everything that ACM isn't right now. It was dark, everything was completely replica of its movie counterpart - the weapons, the equipment and most importantly the xenos. The game was supposed to be tactical class based survival horror not some run n gun L4D clone with CoD elements in it such as BAD ASS, TRIPLE KILL, DOUBLE KILL etc shit popping on the screen all the time.

Right now I care just about GBX delivering the game good for PC, not with some shitty port and crappy servers. Its already too late to change the game from what it is so it will stay as L4D reskin and thats it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 02, 2012, 06:54:28 PM
The game was supposed to be tactical class based survival horror not some run n gun L4D clone with CoD elements in it such as BAD ASS, TRIPLE KILL, DOUBLE KILL etc shit popping on the screen all the time.
Does that pop up on screen?

I haven't had the greatest deal of faith in 'em, because in every interview I've read/seen they sound like overexcited fanboys (Pitchford narrating the gameplay video was unintentionally ingratiating, "oh wow, so cool, awesome"). They didn't seem, to me, capable of being subjective about their work. Last interview went along the lines of, "the games' awesome. Well, it's the most awesome game I've played!" Uh, you're the developer.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yes it does, check this vid mate, you will notice it MULTIPLE times ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-wclOZYykA#ws

chupacabras acheronsis

It also feels like these hot heads are nothing more than anonymous developers from Rebellion who are bitter because their previous Aliens games are just being eclipsed by this new one. Just bitter folks. I can't stand it.

that is the most horrifyingly stupid thing i've read in months.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 02, 2012, 06:54:28 PM

How can this be a L4D style game when there aren't any zombies and the enemies do entirely different  things.
The regular xenos (drones) are used as trash thrown at players just like the zombies in L4D. The problem is that the whole point for the most dangerous organism in the galaxy is missing with making the regular xenos not representing any threat and their role is to cover and take bullets for the special type xenos. The special type of xenos which are completely new and not in the canon, representing the special infected from L4D. Also the game was supposed to be class based shooter but just like in L4D - everybody can use everything and basically there are no roles.

You see - people are complaining because the game is not the same game announced back then in 2006 which was everything that ACM isn't right now. It was dark, everything was completely replica of its movie counterpart - the weapons, the equipment and most importantly the xenos. The game was supposed to be tactical class based survival horror not some run n gun L4D clone with CoD elements in it such as BAD ASS, TRIPLE KILL, DOUBLE KILL etc shit popping on the screen all the time.

Right now I care just about GBX delivering the game good for PC, not with some shitty port and crappy servers. Its already too late to change the game from what it is so it will stay as L4D reskin and thats it.

Again, thats just speculating. No idea where you get that they promised this and we got something entirely different.
As well youre not making any valid points that people can get behind.

It's no more better than saying my dog is a coward with out explaining.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 02, 2012, 07:15:56 PM

It also feels like these hot heads are nothing more than anonymous developers from Rebellion who are bitter because their previous Aliens games are just being eclipsed by this new one. Just bitter folks. I can't stand it.

that is the most horrifyingly stupid thing i've read in months.
wtf does that mean?

WinterActual

WinterActual

The points I am making are coming from the trailer used to promote the game. It doesn't make sense to promote something to look worse than it is you know.

Corporal Hicks

That's game mechanics and present in every Aliens game. You won't get a game with just the Aliens-style Aliens in. There's no variety in that and they cant all be super strong otherwise they'd have to reduce the number of encounters and where is the fun in that? That's why we have Praetorians, the Pred-Aliens. That's why Extinction introduced its Ravenger and Carrier. Everyone won't like it but its needed. Traditional games give us enemies with different weapons to change the way you fight them. What would you prefer? A new enemy weaker than the traditional style so as to preserve the purity of the traditional appearance.

This is the same reason we have new weapons. It'd be so boring with just pulse rifle, smartgun. Look at AvP. It was never going go be a pure adaptation. It'd not make a good game. That's all marketing steam to placate the less angry fans. This is an Aliens game designed for today's gaming styles. If you don't like it don't buy it. Or go to the GBX boards and feed your opinions directly back to the developers. 

Predaker

Predaker

I think we would be hard pressed to find anyone who was hoping for red dots, hitting aliens with your weapon in melee, the crusher, the spitter, the boiler, the resurrected colony, and TRIPLE KILL!!! in competitive multiplayer.

Hopefully the game will be worth playing more than once.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can see the point (somewhat) with the complaints about triple-kill but it's not like old-school Halo with someone announcing it. It's a piece of text on the screen. That's not Aliens. That's modern gameplay. And I remember a lot of complaints about how dated AvP 2010 was.

Red-dots I don't see the issue with. We have many many different optical sights today, why wouldn't they have them in the future?

Edit: Ah! Didn't realize you had been talking about the red-dots on the trackers. I thought you meant red-dots for the guns.

Predaker

Predaker

I am fine with the red dots also. It was a bold move to make.

chupacabras acheronsis

but who actually likes that crap in a game? it's invasive, it's unnecesary and it's ugly.

kill streaks should only be counted in the scoreboard, not in the supposedly non existant HUD.

Corporal Hicks

If you notice it. I'm usually too absorbed in the action to notice those little intrusions.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 02, 2012, 11:21:18 PM
but who actually likes that crap in a game? it's invasive, it's unnecesary and it's ugly.

kill streaks should only be counted in the scoreboard, not in the supposedly non existant HUD.

TRIPLE KILLS the immersion.

SM

SM

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 02, 2012, 11:20:42 PM

How is it "bold"?

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SM on Dec 02, 2012, 11:30:33 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Dec 02, 2012, 11:20:42 PM

How is it "bold"?

Red is a bold color.  ;D

And its never been done before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed