Damon Lindelof Paradise Script

Started by ikarop, Nov 14, 2012, 09:27:27 PM

Author
Damon Lindelof Paradise Script (Read 50,409 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I really don't think there is anything to it. They tried to go epic and got avalanche by the sheer scale of work that needed to be done.

Oh and about that 2001 comparison thing...

Quote from: wikipedia"The old race of man is about to be replaced by the "star child", which was conceived by the meeting of the spaceship and Jupiter. MacLeod also sees irony in man as a creator (of HAL) on the brink of being usurped by his own creation. Thus, by destroying HAL, man symbolically rejects his role as creator and steps back from the brink of his own destruction."

Thus the engineers reject their role as creators by choosing to destroy their own creation(man) to evade certain doom. Yea...

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Eh. what really matters is what ends up onscreen. Cant fault him for playing the game well and getting $$$.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

QuoteIt was going to be an intellectually challenging movie that dealt with profound questions about life, the universe and everything.

And as you know that's exactly what they were aiming for.. so you agree that it's garbage! Cheers bro! My shout! ;D

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 04, 2012, 10:10:42 AM
QuoteIt was going to be an intellectually challenging movie that dealt with profound questions about life, the universe and everything.

And as you know that's exactly what they were aiming for.. so you agree that it's garbage! Cheers bro! My shout! ;D
So if a movie isn't about life, the universe and everything it's worthless? That's a rather blinkered view to have. I'd be interested to see what you have in your collection - as something tells me that your collection probably doesn't reflect your thoughts on Prometheus.  ;)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 04, 2012, 10:28:14 PMSo if a movie isn't about life, the universe and everything it's worthless?

No, if a movie is about creation, life and death then it is either a good movie that handles those themes well or it is Prometheus.

And my collection is made up almost entirely of Red Dwarf DVDs. Prometheus is not worthy! ;)

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 05, 2012, 01:00:40 AM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 04, 2012, 10:28:14 PMSo if a movie isn't about life, the universe and everything it's worthless?

No, if a movie is about creation, life and death then it is either a good movie that handles those themes well or it is Prometheus.

And my collection is made up almost entirely of Red Dwarf DVDs. Prometheus is not worthy! ;)
What a black and white view you have on this Chris... you mustn't enjoy much. And as much as I love Red Dwarf, I can't believe that's the only thing in your DVD/blu-ray collection  ;)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

It's got curry monsters. Ones doesn't need much else. ;D

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 05, 2012, 10:56:52 PM

ROTFLMAO!

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 05, 2012, 10:56:52 PM
gotta luv curry monsters  ;) 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed