"Spitter Alien" thoughts?

Started by Edvin, Oct 20, 2012, 01:14:29 PM

Author
"Spitter Alien" thoughts? (Read 6,397 times)

Edvin

Edvin

I originally didn't like the crusher, but i haven't really seen it in action, or heard their view on it, so i don't really know.
Now the spitter is looking pretty cool, and i had an idea for it's origins.

WHAT IF, the spitter is a dog-Praetorian? namely, a dog-alien who has matured to praetorian state? wouldn't that make sense since Dog-aliens have often been depicted as being able to spit acid blood?

if you have other comments on the being, shoot!

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I think it's very very silly and very Kenner-esque...

but it's definitely a cool idea for multiplayer and to get a more diverse gameplay experience in the single player campaign as well.

The green sacs at the side have that color to make it easier to spot for marine players... it's there to balance the multiplayer gameplay. I dont mind them that much. Do hope they are fully black in single player, though.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

I like that idea, but aside from the ability to spit it doesn't realy share any other characteristics whith a dog alien, or runner alien. And I understand why people think its a silly idea, they are the perfect organism ,so why wouldnt they adapt to have the ability of long range attacks?

DUB1

DUB1

One problem I have with it is that the classic Aliens can already spit acid as evidenced by A3 and A:R but that instead of giving them that ability, they created a whole class dedicated to it. Some would say it's important to have more than one class of Aliens, but a lot of Alien/AVP games/comics seem unable to introduce new varieties of Aliens without undermining the classic one.

As for the sacs, design-wise they're a bit goofy, but I do like how they may hinder it's ability to sneak around, potentially making it a little challenging to use during gameplay.

So, it's an alright adition. But I wouldn't have minded the classic Aliens also being able to spit acid, albeit a weaker one, with the spitter's being more much powerful, instead of making the former unable to do it at all without a valid explanation unrelated to gameplay mechanics.

Edvin

Edvin

^ it's the Dogalien that has the ability to spit acid, not the drone (if that is what you meant)

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: Edvin on Oct 20, 2012, 05:31:30 PM
^ it's the Dogalien that has the ability to spit acid, not the drone (if that is what you meant)

Without taking A:R into account, there was nothing in A3 confirming that only the Dog Alien could spit acid. Why should it? What is there about canine DNA that could allow an Alien to spit acid as opposed to human DNA?

But A:R did confirm that human-born Aliens can spit acid too. So my point about the Spitter still stands. Spitting a stronger acid, that'd I'd be fine with. Making them the only ones able to spit? That'd be like nature giving only Asians the ability to sexually reproduce even though all the other ethnicities also have the required genitalia to do so.

Predaker

Predaker

I hope a fully charged shot is enough to melt a marine's face off.

acrediblesource

I don't take the whole heirarchy for real unless they actually explorer the concept in the game. I think the whole Queen hierarchy Bee thing was just a quick glance from Hudson with no real evidence of such.

1. unless we actually see the soldiers building the hive, then the Queen should relate to a whole other species who also have Queens and hives.

I mean is it a bee insect system hierarchy or the army monarchy system (of a chess bOARD) given all them names.

Praetorian, soldier, queen, spitter, lurker, WTF?

SM

SM

As has been said, since Aliens can spit acid anyway, it's pointless to have one solely for spitting acid.

Despite a dumb design, it should do nicely to provide some variety same as every other video game Alien variation.

Jegeren

Jegeren

I love it in terms of gameplay mechanics, primarily the balancing factor. Xenomorphs now can attack from range, but the ones that can look less stealthy. However I think adding Spitters to a movie or comic is overkill due to the already said reason of acid spitting being nothing new. Plus, their appearance would probably look ridiculous in that environment and needlessly complicate the species as a whole.

Edvin

Edvin

QuoteWithout taking A:R into account, there was nothing in A3 confirming that only the Dog Alien could spit acid. Why should it? What is there about canine DNA that could allow an Alien to spit acid as opposed to human DNA?
i dont know, but so far we have only seen dog aliens do it, so why wouldn't it be them?

QuoteBut A:R did confirm that human-born Aliens can spit acid too. So my point about the Spitter still stands.
nope, it was a dog alien in A:R that spat acid.

QuotePraetorian, soldier(warrior), queen, spitter, lurker, WTF?
those are reasnoble name for all the variants.

SpreadEagleBeagle

No point in having a Spitter class since all adult Aliens (at least young adults / smooth-headed ones) can spit if they want to, as witnessed in Alien 3 and A:R.

I would much rather like to see the Runner alien implemented instead of this Spitter novelty.

Make it (the Runner) faster, more vicious and being able to spit farther than the Lurker. Also make it spray acid blood in a wider splash radius than other xenos when being killed. The trade-off could be that the Runner is just as "weak" as the Lurker but also needing to "feed" on dead humans in order to regain health. This would make it the perfect shock-trooper suicide unit - incredibly short-lived but utterly dangerous.

Gate

Gate

Take note that the Aliens in A:R were genetic f**kups.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Edvin on Oct 21, 2012, 10:51:05 AM
nope, it was a dog alien in A:R that spat acid.

There were no dogs on Auriga - only human hosts were used to breed xenos.

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: Gate on Oct 21, 2012, 04:26:46 PM
Take note that the Aliens in A:R were genetic f**kups.

Why would that make them and not the previous human-born Aliens able to spit acid, exactly? And I'd say it was the Newborn who was a genetic screw-up, while the other Aliens seemed fine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed