Had Wolf ever faced a Predalien before? Based off Unrated Version only...

Started by echobbase79, Oct 20, 2012, 03:51:54 AM

Author
Had Wolf ever faced a Predalien before? Based off Unrated Version only... (Read 9,407 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 07, 2015, 04:50:14 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Oct 07, 2015, 04:39:16 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 06, 2015, 05:03:15 PM
Hey if private Edwards(AVP 1999)and the rookie can kill a predalien why cant a pred

Wait, the Rookie never killed a Predalien, it was Dark the Predator who did.

Rookie did kill a Praetorian though (as did Dark).
Ah yes i am getting confused thanks but still a Praetorian is just as deadly as a predalien.

No problem.

Yeah, I remember that Praetorian was a pain to face as the Rookie. I got pushed off the edge once while being swarmed by it and all of the Xenos that showed up. I hate that thing.

As the Predator, it's fun to fight though.

predxeno

Hey if private Edwards(AVP 1999)and the rookie can kill a predalien why cant a pred

Ah yes i am getting confused thanks but still a Praetorian is just as deadly as a predalien.

According to AVP2, the Predalien is supposed to specialize in strength and attack while the Praetorian is supposed to specialize in armor and defense.  Both are ridiculously tough to kill tho.  Chet (the Predalien in AVPR) is supposed to be the ultimate combination between them; a Predalien-Praetorian combination, which may explain why Wolf had such a hard time against it.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 07, 2015, 07:48:02 PM

According to AVP2, the Predalien is supposed to specialize in strength and attack while the Praetorian is supposed to specialize in armor and defense.  Both are ridiculously tough to kill tho.  Chet (the Predalien in AVPR) is supposed to be the ultimate combination between them; a Predalien-Praetorian combination, which may explain why Wolf had such a hard time against it.

Good point.

What about the Abomination from AvP 2010?

happypred

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 03, 2015, 03:41:24 PM
Is it possible Wolf didn't know there were any Aliens loose until he got to the crashed ship?

I think Wolf should have known that the crashed scout ship contained face huggers

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Oct 07, 2015, 09:24:09 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Oct 07, 2015, 07:48:02 PM

Good point.

What about the Abomination from AvP 2010?
That was just a predalien

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Oct 07, 2015, 05:24:44 PMYeah, I remember that Praetorian was a pain to face as the Rookie. I got pushed off the edge once while being swarmed by it and all of the Xenos that showed up. I hate that thing.

That part was proper hectic on Nightmare difficulty. Brown trousers time.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 04, 2015, 10:07:32 AM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Oct 07, 2015, 05:24:44 PMYeah, I remember that Praetorian was a pain to face as the Rookie. I got pushed off the edge once while being swarmed by it and all of the Xenos that showed up. I hate that thing.

Every time I'm on that level, I can't stop thinking about the upcoming boss battle. Making sure to keep myself stocked on ammo...

predxeno

When I played that level on Nightmare, I remember there was a glitch where if you ran to the elevator then none of the Aliens could attack you; when I did that the Praetorian was easy pickings until it decided to commit suicide by running over the edge.  I don't know if they ever patched this glitch tho. :-\

happypred

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 04, 2015, 10:07:32 AM

The AvP 2010 predalien?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: happypred on Dec 22, 2015, 12:22:49 PMThe AvP 2010 predalien?

He was a pain in the ass but I remember the Marine Praetorian in the labs and the final Marine fight with Weyland being worse. The Weyland part in particular was incredibly unforgiving, and right at the end of the level to boot.

predxeno

I died 2x after I beat Weyland because I failed to shoot his head.  Aghhh!!! >:(

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that bit was a total bastard.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed