(FO)X Cinematic Universe [XCU]

Started by Magegg, Oct 14, 2012, 10:32:41 PM

Author
(FO)X Cinematic Universe [XCU] (Read 7,889 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Sister threads:
Marvel Cinematic Universe [MCU]
DC Cinematic Universe [DCEU]
Valiant Cinematic Universe [VCU]

Released:
X-Men (2000)
X2 (2004)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
The Wolverine (2013)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
Deadpool (2016)
X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
Logan (2017)

Upcoming:
New Mutants (2018)
Deadpool 2 (2018)
X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2018)

In Development:
X-Force (TBA)

TV shows:
Legion
The Gifted

Unproduced:
Gambit (2017)

Magegg

Magegg

Added! :D

Magegg

Magegg

Bang!

Magegg

Magegg

LOL right now there are more news about X-Force and X-Men: Apocalypse than for the Fantastic Four reboot (announced almost 6 years ago).

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up losing the license...

And I would kind of like that would happen. X-Men and Fantastic Four doesn't fit much with each other. In exchange, if it's true Marvel Studios's doing their Inhumans movie, the Fantastic Four would be the perfect link between those characters and the earth heroes.

Now If they could only get Namor's rights too...

Magegg

Magegg

Magegg

So, Gambit confirmed for 2016, they're going fast! That would make 3 X-movies for 2016 (Apocalypse, Gambit and Deadpool), but I guess Deadpool is going to be delayed.

What about the X-Force movie?? I guess it's gonna be a Deadpool follow-up... Wouldn't be surprised if Gambit is a part of the team.

I also read a rumour about Fox planning an X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover, titled "FantastiX".

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 06, 2015, 08:01:40 PM
So, Gambit confirmed for 2016, they're going fast! That would make 3 X-movies for 2016 (Apocalypse, Gambit and Deadpool), but I guess Deadpool is going to be delayed.

What about the X-Force movie?? I guess it's gonna be a Deadpool follow-up... Wouldn't be surprised if Gambit is a part of the team.

I also read a rumour about Fox planning an X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover, titled "FantastiX".

If so, it would be another reboot of the Fantastic 4 since the reboot by Trank will not be apart of the X-Men universe.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Jan 06, 2015, 08:48:09 PMIf so, it would be another reboot of the Fantastic 4 since the reboot by Trank will not be apart of the X-Men universe.
Who knows. F4 are known to be able to travel to alternate universes.

Magegg

Magegg

My sum-up after the Spider-man news:

I think Fox is going to greenlight a Fantastic Four/X-Men movie as soon as possible, rather than letting the characters die and go to Marvel's hands. I think they will try to strengthen their licenses, they have to do something to compete with the Marvel+Sony alliance.

For the trailer it looks like they have a diamond in rough with Fantastic Four. Even if the first movie doesn't do too well, I think the Fantastic Four characters could appear as support characters in new X-Men movies. I'm convinced F4 can be the great connective tissue in making a transition to more sci-fi oriented stories, there are things they can do no mutant is able to. That would be the way to start introducing spaceships and such and finally do a decent X-Men: Phoenix movie.
I would picture Fantastic Four 2 being a fight against Galactus, they're able to dispell him with a device but then they realize they simply transported him into an alternate universe. The F4 go themselves into that universe via a spaceship, and guess what? It's the X-Men universe in the early 90s, they're effectively moving! That way they could interact with the X-Men: Apocalypse cast and begin a proper Shi'ar/Phoenix saga.

Kinberg has said he thinks he's able to pull off the crossover, I'm pretty sure Fox will greenlight this soon.

While mutants are a huge universe indeed, Fox needs a little more diversity to be able to set up bigger stories and a much richer universe like what Marvel does (just see, Apocalypse will not even be related to aliens in X-Men: Apocalypse, and there's a big space opera universe out there to explore -- now with Star Trek, Star Wars and GotG, space is hot again).

And Fantastic Four are the only other property they have left. F4 movie does look good and interesting, and more important than that, revelant (that "high science" speech from the beginning is just wow for a sci-fi/superhero cinematic universe franchise) and different to the X-Men. I think that can be a great aid to strenghten Fox in competition with Marvel+Sony and WB.
Seeing how Marvel+Sony is coming together, and the huge offer WB+DC has, I think it'd be urgent for them to connect their properties in order to create something stronger and take advantage of the little that is left out of Marvel Studios's control...

Magegg

Magegg

What if Fox is planning an "Avengers-like" ensemble for their X-Force movie? They start with the Deadpool movie, then the Gambit movie, probably a Cable movie (set in the Age of Apocalypse alternate future) and they end with an X-Force movie with the three coming together (including Colossus too)?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

http://imgur.com/gallery/FG9sh

Really looking forward to Apocalypse and the new FF (even though it's not connected to X-Men but whatever).

ace3g

ace3g

jacc.90

jacc.90

APOCALYPSE

Spoiler
[close]

Magegg

Magegg

Two X-Men TV shows ordered:

QuoteLegion introduces the story of David Haller: Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he's confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real. He's based on the Marvel comics character Legion, the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier (played by Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy in the films), first introduced in 1985.

Set in the late 1960s, Hellfire, produced by 20th Century Fox TV and Marvel Television, with 20th Century Fox handling the physical production – follows a young Special Agent who learns that a power-hungry woman with extraordinary abilities is working with a clandestine society of millionaires – known as "The Hellfire Club" – to take over the world. A different version of The Hellfire Club was previously seen as the primary antagonists of X-Men: First Class, led by Kevin Bacon's Sebastian Shaw.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/x-men-marvel-series-legion-fx-pilot-hellfire-fox-1201582209/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed