Prometheus Blu-ray Alternate & Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 28, 2012, 06:07:24 PM

Author
Prometheus Blu-ray Alternate & Deleted Scenes Images (Read 42,672 times)

zuzuki

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 28, 2012, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 28, 2012, 07:41:26 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 28, 2012, 07:37:33 PM
I think a lot of jaded theatergoers would've laughed at Alien Fifield, so I can understand why they cut it.
Isn't like the actual thing is in any way not laughable.

I know it's sometimes difficult to conceive of, but a handful of angry posters on the Internet or this forum do not speak for the larger or whole audience.  I'm sure some people didn't go for it and tastes will vary, but I never encountered any laughter in the theater.  The CGI Fifield, OTOH, walks an even thinner tightrope IMO, though it's admirable.  It needed work.

This. There is a poster on this forum that bashes this movies in every single post he made and always speaks in the name of everyone saying the movie is bad, that it floped and everybody hated it. I guess he just ignores the box office results, the critic ratings and so on.

I noticed something in the Fifield scene. He sits on the ground just like the alien in the mural from the head room, and i don't remember if the xeno in one of the alien deleted scenes had the same pose before starting to walk weirdly

Snowdog

Already found it and damn the alternate fifield scene is freaking awesome :o The music and how the creature moves. It's chaotic and great, i love it. Really hoping for an extended cut now.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The CGI did not bother me, but it was cut before the film was finished; if it was included they would have of course fixed it in post-post.

Friends I went to see the film with thought Fifield was funny, and I heard some chuckles next to and behind me during the scene. That's about it.

zuzuki

The scariest clip from all the deleted scenes was the transmission clip. wtf was that? if i were a alien species and see that, i would avoid contact forever. people in suits running, future people with crazy clothes and tribe people mixed together in a random sequence. i get this signifies our diversity of cultures but it was poorly executed. i believed this scene would be the one with the girl playing the violine we saw in the movie but damn....at least there was a chick with some nice legs in there

ikarop

In the audio commentary of the deleted scenes it's mentioned that Paradise could refer to Earth. Apparently an idea that they considered but didn't develop.

Nightmare Asylum

So, Shaw doesn't want to go to Earth, but instead goes to the Engineer homeworld...which happens to be Earth?

SpeedyMaxx

Well, they discarded the idea so obviously not.

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2012, 08:14:33 PM
So, Shaw doesn't want to go to Earth, but instead goes to the Engineer homeworld...which happens to be Earth?
Spoiler
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2012, 08:14:33 PM
Shyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn twist.

Although it would make sense, since our DnA matches and everything.

Nightmare Asylum

Only thing that really negates it is the Engineers referring to it as Paradise, but wanting to destroy it. But then, the word Paradise was cut out of the theatrical version, soo... :D

ikarop

ikarop

Here's an shortened edit of the commentary for that scene in case you want to listen to it:

About the worm scene, they mention that the scene was great for character development but not for the story. It didn't explain anything about this first Alien life form so it got removed.

And there are some 360ยบ videos of some 3D models in the disc but nothing really interesting. A few preview screencaps:

Spoiler

[close]

Xenoligiost

So just to be clear there are not anymore scenes? These and what has already been released are all of them?

zuzuki

zuzuki

Ok. the second player works/ thx.

And the explanation is bs. Not good for the story? jeez

zuzuki

The weyland speech is great. Together with the deleted dialogue with him and the engineer it just fleshes out to character so much. In the movie we just got a silly rich old man who wanted to live forever. Such a cliche

acrediblesource

I was kind of hoping these posts wasn't going to spoil everything but its getting to be all the materials are coming in online.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed