New Mutant Fifield Prometheus Stills

Started by ikarop, Sep 28, 2012, 01:58:09 AM

Author
New Mutant Fifield Prometheus Stills (Read 25,373 times)

ikarop

ikarop

We have just received three new exclusive images of mutant Fifield courtesy of Blu-ray.com forum user CRS. These new stills come from the alternate scene “Fifield Attacks” (2:14 min) that is featured in the Blu-ray release of Prometheus. CRS has also sent us an extra still from the alternate opening of the film “Arrival of the Engineers” (2:41 min). You can see all new images after the cut.

newbeing

Was there indication given to why this version of Fifield was cut? Did it look too goofy or something?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: newbeing on Sep 28, 2012, 02:12:31 AM
Was there indication given to why this version of Fifield was cut? Did it look too goofy or something?

Ridley didn't like it and wanted to change it.

Cool pics, by the way!

HUGZZ

Quote from: newbeing on Sep 28, 2012, 02:12:31 AM
I believe it was because they thought the audience wouldn't know who it was, and goofy? This thing is amazing! I realy hope Neca makes a figure of this, it's just too perfect, the way he looks like the missing link between alien and human is too awesome to not have as a figure :D

Blacklabel

Damon Lindelof said something in the commentary about Ridley having shot two versions of the Fifield attack

in one: Shaw is the one that kills Fifield with the vehicle. It's right before Weyland leaves Prometheus
in another: Janek is the one that handles the problem in the hangar. This ended up being the one in the movie, because it builds up the character of Janek and sets him up for a sacrifice.

Guess the two different versions had different creature designs as well?

Space Sweeper

I thought Janek and Chance ended up killing Fifield off, after Shaw runs him over; Shaw being the one who does the driving instead of a random merc being the difference. Really, the only difference was the creature they were shooting. That vehicle meant for Weyland and co. still drives off into the distance when they're killing the theatrical creature.

acrediblesource

THAT LOOKS BAD ASS! But i'm glad they took that out.
In terms of design, it would had been more scary if his helmet glass became almost opaque with the whatever it is that got him (the goo) and all that was visible was his jaws and teeth. But that would make him too much like the necronomicon gemini thing with the penis tongue.

SM

SM

Quick!  Play some Slim Whitman at him!!!

SpeedyMaxx

The shot with Alien Fifield killing the guy looks fake as shit.  I like the design but I can see why they cut it, as I could before; some people might laugh at it.

I did know there was a version where Shaw ran him down - it was shown in the trailers, with her pulling the throttle - and I wouldn't mind seeing that, but it's likely that was cut because perhaps she seemed too kickass so soon after her operation.

SiL

SiL

Stills of CGI things in the middle of fast movement rarely look anywhere near as good as they should. Probably looks a hell of a lot better when it's actually moving.

samoht

Why oh why did we not see this version...

Darth Vile

Quote from: samoht on Sep 28, 2012, 05:07:27 AM
Why oh why did we not see this version...
Probably because it looks a bit too much The Lord of the Rings like...

whiterabbit

Ordinary mutant Fifield is looking better every day. I can see why they choose to go with that cut.

szkoki

its recognizable, there are his tattoos, and the conversation before that between the bridge and the hangar gives u an answer if u wouldnt know who is the mutant, remember? "Hangar crew, this is the bridge! Fifield monitor is just popped in...."

and yes, i belive Janek and Chance kill him in both version, only changes that Shaw, Weyland and his bodyguards enter the hangar during the fight, maybe they run to the apc , one of them gets killed by the axe and Shaw drives over Fifield, then the pilots kill him.....and what would build up to Janek's sacrafice is the extended scene with the x-mas tree, where he says first "im just flight the ship"...thats why Shaw mention that in her room to Janek in the end

zuzuki

They changed the sene because they wanted to give Janek something to do, and this alternate one would have ruined the pacing and mood or order of the scene with the weyland reveal. Ridley shot these 2 scenes knowing from the start one is for the shorter movie version and pg13 and the other for the full length. I didn't listen to the whole ridley commentary but i don't think the design of Firfield was a problem

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed