The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!!

Started by RoaryUK, Sep 17, 2012, 07:24:25 PM

Author
The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!! (Read 47,595 times)

bobcunk

Or that the engineers are the only creators.

And stuff

I feel like everything great about what this movie is trying to be is left in the deleted scenes  :-[

Promethée

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 19, 2012, 02:01:47 AM
1: "Maybe" strongly indicates this is one of those things he just added in there for the sake of mystery, without having a clear idea, himself. Shame.

2: That explanation makes no sense... The Engineers expect us to personally have learned their language? If we're considered as inferior, wouldn't the Engineer be insulted at humans, themselves, speaking to them, too?

This is confirming to me just how hand-wavey and nonsensical this scene ultimately was, sadly.

Really, it's sad but I really think he/they don't have a clue where the story is going.
R.Scott doesn't have a plan in mind, they just put the story together as they go.

Snowblind

Every artist has a right to his or her own vision of his work, and should be respected for it. That being said, I think I'll prefer the extended edition, with all this material left in. I'm liking all this  :D

The big ''why did the engineer go apeshit'' question ... well, I think he just pitied David and Weyland, he doesn't have anger in his stare until he decides to erase this abomination. He only ''kills' David.

Anyway, looking forward to the BRRip blueray  ;D

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Barringer on Sep 19, 2012, 02:52:33 AM
That Weyland created David without there being sacrifice might be viewed as a religious or cultural taboo.

Firstly, the Engineers must have been making stuff without sacrifice, before they got to the level they're at. Secondly, how does it know Weyland didn't make sacrifices to create David?

Quote from: Snowblind on Sep 19, 2012, 08:25:51 AM
The big ''why did the engineer go apeshit'' question ... well, I think he just pitied David and Weyland, he doesn't have anger in his stare until he decides to erase this abomination. He only ''kills' David.

Wouldn't that be contradictory? If you feel compassion for something, why would you then act violently aggressive toward it?

bleau

bleau

I really liked this scene. Thought his voice was creepy.

DaddyYautja

You guys discussing the why and how of this scene should remember that this stuff could be from another version of the movie that was built differently than the released version. So all that stuff shown doesnt necessarily tie or add anything to the theater release. 

Marlowe

Marlowe

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 19, 2012, 11:04:30 AM
You guys discussing the why and how of this scene should remember that this stuff could be from another version of the movie that was built differently than the released version. So all that stuff shown doesnt necessarily tie or add anything to the theater release.

Vickers & Janek scene seems to me the only necessary scene for now.There are some elements that could be involved in the final cut.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Promethée on Sep 19, 2012, 08:24:54 AM
1: "Maybe" strongly indicates this is one of those things he just added in there for the sake of mystery, without having a clear idea, himself. Shame.

2: That explanation makes no sense... The Engineers expect us to personally have learned their language? If we're considered as inferior, wouldn't the Engineer be insulted at humans, themselves, speaking to them, too?

This is confirming to me just how hand-wavey and nonsensical this scene ultimately was, sadly.

Really, it's sad but I really think he/they don't have a clue where the story is going.
R.Scott doesn't have a plan in mind, they just put the story together as they go.

you forget the fact that the engineers visited earh many times and are shown in various cultures around people. surely they teached the people their language. also the language they are using in the film was indo-european or something like that, a real reconstructed language. there is nothing ''hand-wavey'' about that.

my belief is that the engineer get's insulted because he comes from a culture that welcomes death, doesn't run from it, in a way similar to tibetan monks-they love live, but don't try to live forever,they welcome their death. weyland was just a smug human, who thinks he has the right for longer life just because he created something, and even called himself a god. and because of his arrogance and his demand he gets punished for it.

is the full engineer scene available somewhere, the full 4 min?

Snowblind

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 19, 2012, 09:37:25 AM
Wouldn't that be contradictory? If you feel compassion for something, why would you then act violently aggressive toward it?

I didn't say compasion, although pity is close, you are correct. Poor wording on my part; I mean't the engineer saw David as something which shouldn't exist, like a greek god seeing a man weilding fire, something ''wrong'' which had to be erased. I see some significance in the fact he only kills David ... do you?

Kol

Kol

he killed weyland, ford & jackson.

Snowblind

I stand corrected. But he actually only dispatched David imediately, he just swept the others away. Ford didn't seem dead immediately impact ...

Kol

Kol

so and why didn't she get her ass off that f**king ship?

Darth Vile

Quote from: Promethée on Sep 19, 2012, 08:24:54 AM

I really don't think they "put the story together as they go"... I think it evolved/changed, but it's not like they started principle photography with a blank piece of paper.

Promethée

Quote from: Snowblind on Sep 19, 2012, 03:26:23 PM
I stand corrected. But he actually only dispatched David imediately, he just swept the others away. Ford didn't seem dead immediately impact ...

We actually don't know if she died or not, but she got knocked off for sure.
If she is not dead from a broken thorax then she died in the spaceship crash, because she was unconscious and there is no way she had time to get out.

-Well, on the other hand, notice that David was in the same room and after the crash he seems to be in the same place near his body, like nothing has moved during the crash...

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 19, 2012, 04:25:13 PMI really don't think they "put the story together as they go"... I think it evolved/changed, but it's not like they started principle photography with a blank piece of paper.

Well all the inconsistencies in the movie makes me feel that way, like there is not a big plan they are following.
I'm almost certain that R.Scott doesn't even know how the story will end.

I might be wrong, but it feels that way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed