Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes

Started by Keyes, Sep 07, 2012, 02:23:44 PM

Author
Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes (Read 26,561 times)

Keyes

Keyes

This is from US iTunes. They have the digital HD version up for pre-order, including a look at the menu (possibly the same design as the Blu-ray?). Now take a note of the runtime on the that first pic... 2:39:09  :o

Also, if this is any indication of the Blu-ray menu, then the deleted scenes ARE on the film disc (another screenshot on iTunes shows this). Maybe this is just like the Alien Anthology discs, where you have seamless branching AND the option to play the extra scenes individually. We know the deleted scenes add up to about 35 mins (plus the 2hr 4min movie)... so this is looking good for an extended cut :)

Edit: here are the other menu shots:

Blacklabel

"raises eyebrow"

.fascinating....

Virgil

Thanks for the update, Daz85. I'd completely given up hope on an Extended cut, but this has me cautiously optimistic. Though I noticed that the runtime also reads 02:04:02 in the information section  :-\

LarsVader

LarsVader

Directly from the source, if anyone is interested:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/prometheus/id547496947

Vickers

Quote from: Daz85 on Sep 07, 2012, 02:23:44 PM
Also, if this is any indication of the Blu-ray menu, then the deleted scenes ARE on the film disc (another screenshot on iTunes shows this). Maybe this is just like the Alien Anthology discs, where you have seamless branching AND the option to play the extra scenes individually. We know the deleted scenes add up to about 35 mins (plus the 2hr 4min movie)... so this is looking good for an extended cut :)

Mr. Clemens

That's a nice compromise - include a seamlessly branching extended cut as a bonus feature, but don't market it as a 'Director's Cut' or 'Special Edition'. Colour me impressed...

T Dog

Hopefully someone uploads the extended cut upon release. I'll torrent it.

Cvalda

Please, Space Jesus, let this be true.

Not that it'll fix the multitude of awful story and casting choices that all but ruin the film, but it'll at least make the damned thing watchable. I hope.

Snowdog

I completely gave up on an extended cut of the movie. But this has given me my hope back. Damn let it be true ;D

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 04:45:59 PM
Please, Space Jesus, let this be true.

Let's all join hands as we look up and ask for this blessing.

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe we should offer up a sacrifice or something...

Vickers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2012, 05:00:36 PM
Maybe we should offer up a sacrifice or something...

Cvalda

Who wants to bet that runtime is just a result of iTunes shoving all the deleted scenes post credits? After all, the runtime on the iTunes page proper still specifies the theatrical cut.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 05:03:32 PM
Who wants to bet that runtime is just a result of iTunes shoving all the deleted scenes post credits? After all, the runtime on the iTunes page proper still specifies the theatrical cut.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 05:03:32 PM

But, Cvalda, I was enjoying being naive. :'(

*sigh*

I hope they don't just shove the deleted scenes in at the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed