Prometheus : The Fan Edit?

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Aug 11, 2012, 11:42:47 AM

Author
Prometheus : The Fan Edit? (Read 21,453 times)

orchidal

orchidal

Will u share a link or should we pm u?

antovolk

antovolk

Go back to page 2 and you shall find :)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

can't wait to see this. i love the theatrical cut but really want to see this extended cut. any chance of getting this cut on dvd? would love to buy it and watch it on my home cinema.

NGR01

NGR01

wtf they released a chopped version of fifield attack!!!!!!
why don't they release the original cut with Weyland leaving at that moment and Shaw being the one doing the driving?
Seriously this movie is getting frustrating dicoveries after dicoveries.
When you see the original concept art and what they went for instead or the script that inclueded a giant xeno climax faceoff...
Urgh what a missed opportunity...
Hope the fancut will make it better...
I'm not hoping anymore for a real extended cut now.

orchidal

orchidal

The Fanedit is somewhat better...but only for a fan.
What I mean to say is that while some of the added scenes raise the "cool factor" of Prometheus,
there is little (perhaps only the worm discovery scene) to illuminate/elaborate on story/complexity.

Likely, NGRO1, there is more/alternate cutting room floor material their holding onto for the inevitable directors cut.
IMHO they should have skipped the foreplay this time, swallowed their pride, and only released a director's cut.
However, I doubt it would add much depth or make up for all the missed opportunities which were aborted in the conceptual art stages.

NGR01

NGR01

Agreed, i dont think a dc or ext cut will "save" the movie but it will feel less rushed and dumb.
BTW did you see the wyland investors fancut? Any link :)
Thanks

szkoki

szkoki

whats up with the project?

orchidal

orchidal

I've only seen one fanedit so far and it adds all the deleted scenes as well as the Weyland TED.

My quenstions are:
Do we know how many fanedits are out there right now?
Has anyone seen multiple fanedits of Prom?
What are the distinctions between them (i.e., scenes judicially omitted from one fanedit but not by others)?

tp3000

tp3000

Any updates on any of these fanedit projects?
Where are those Phantom Menace and Terminator 3 fanedits posted?  I've heard of them but never seen them.  Do you have to do torrent downloads to get them?

antovolk

antovolk

My Weyland Investors Extended Cut has been going round for some time...PM me for details. Make sure you have the BD.

Quote from: orchidal on Oct 17, 2012, 11:22:56 PM
I've only seen one fanedit so far and it adds all the deleted scenes as well as the Weyland TED.

My quenstions are:
Do we know how many fanedits are out there right now?
Has anyone seen multiple fanedits of Prom?
What are the distinctions between them (i.e., scenes judicially omitted from one fanedit but not by others)?

As far as I know there is:

Weyland Investors Extended Cut (mine) - all deleted/alt scenes reinserted/color corrected etc. back into theatrical cut (without any removals apart if to be replaced by alternate scene)

Russian FAN-cut - all deleted scenes + TEDTalk + Quiet Eye roughly thrown in (without color/audio fixes, VERY ROUGH) with VirtualDub.

And several more on PirateBay but don't have all deleted scenes/have bits of theatrical editors didn't like cut out.

Hope this helps.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Would you consider VirtualDub superior tool to for example VideoReDo? I had experience with both (previously bigger with VirtualDub but mostly years ago with one notable exception made this year, and the most recent one was with VideoReDo which I used for the very first time 1.5 weeks ago)...

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: antovolk on Oct 18, 2012, 03:23:46 PMMy Weyland Investors Extended Cut has been going round for some time...PM me for details. Make sure you have the BD.

I have to say that the 'walk of pain' scene and the Fifield attack scene work much better when they are untangled from each other - nice job.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Oct 19, 2012, 05:35:16 AM
Quote from: antovolk on Oct 18, 2012, 03:23:46 PMMy Weyland Investors Extended Cut has been going round for some time...PM me for details. Make sure you have the BD.

I have to say that the 'walk of pain' scene and the Fifield attack scene work much better when they are untangled from each other - nice job.

What makes them work better do you think? Less back and fourth?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Darth Vile on Oct 19, 2012, 11:24:13 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Oct 19, 2012, 05:35:16 AM

What makes them work better do you think? Less back and fourth?

Yeah, they are both decent scenes that kind of cancel each other out when they are chopped together. Especially the walk of pain - it bookends what Shaw has just gone through.

orchidal

orchidal

I've seen an edit that starts with TED and adds in all deleted scenes; audio is seamless; picture quality is slightly off when fifield attacks.

Is there anyone else out there working on a different edit?

Would be nice to see a fanedit wherein:

-starts with TED
-cuts straight to spaceship/David aboard Prometheus
-excising the sacrifice scene as well as the cave paintings scene
-then adding in all subsequent deleted/alternate scenes

If that edit is out there or being worked on now,
that is a Prometheus film which I'd rather enjoy repeatedly

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed