'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer

Started by Space Sweeper, Aug 06, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

Author
'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer (Read 56,330 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

Peace?

No Peaace...

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I'm all about console gaming, purely because I have other important shit to worry about than mods and Graphics cards....

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: delsaber8 on Aug 10, 2012, 09:39:18 PM
and an Alienware M11X.
Thats your problem then. Alienware PC's are garbage. No offense to you though, its all about the Alienware's cheap work.

chupacabras acheronsis

Alienware, also known as "my mom bought me a gaming PC".

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 11, 2012, 05:31:05 AM
Quote from: delsaber8 on Aug 10, 2012, 09:39:18 PM
and an Alienware M11X.
Thats your problem then. Alienware PC's are garbage. No offense to you though, its all about the Alienware's cheap work.
So far it's actually been alright to me for the most part. Recently though it's been saying when ever I tried to check my Nvidia graphics card, that I'm not attached to an Nvidia GPU. Which is kinda annoying, but other than that it has been pretty good. However the screen is wobbly which is apparently a common problem that Dell fixes for free, but they still haven't responded to my email (which I sent a month ago) so their customer support isn't so great.

Light

Light

Thanks to that video now I finally know what a xenomorph is...

Well, they are bullshitting us in the same way they did with AvP3, talking big about how they consider the feedback and then saying there will be no lifecycle.

I just hope we are gonna have more than just 4 MP maps...

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Light on Aug 11, 2012, 07:04:00 AM

I'm sure there will probably be another 4 more added later as overpriced DLC. ;)

acrediblesource

YEESH, I remember playing the alien and having to start off as a facehugger first then chestburster. I think this was AVP2.

Quote from: Light on Aug 11, 2012, 07:04:00 AM
Thanks to that video now I finally know what a xenomorph is...

Well, they are bullshitting us in the same way they did with AvP3, talking big about how they consider the feedback and then saying there will be no lifecycle.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Its reminding me so much of AvP 2010, just another halfway-there product.  The weapons and models look great, environments look pretty good, graphics, eh... those acid splatters are kind of hideous, but we won't have to worry about that pesky acid anyway.

I really don't get any tension from the gameplay, or a feeling of being afraid at all.  Those double/triple-kill bonuses don't help.  You don't have a HUD for immersion, but you have "triple kill" flashing up on the screen like we're playing an arcade game?

Maybe that was just multiplayer... 

Overall, I still think it looks below-average.  Looks like a pretty good sci-fi shooter, but not so good as an Aliens game.  Most depressing.  Still on an express elevator to hell, going down.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Aug 11, 2012, 03:57:50 PM
Maybe that was just multiplayer... 

Clearly... put it this way, if it isn't I'll throw my balls in a 'to go' bag for express delivery to Gearbox HQ because I've just been emasculated.

Quote from: RagingDragon... Express elevator to hell...

Please, Please no elevators/lifts/cranes/moving platforms. If you've played the Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine campaign you'll know what I mean.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Overall, I still think it looks below-average.  Looks like a pretty good sci-fi shooter, but not so good as an Aliens game.
Exactly mate. That's why I am way more excited about Natural Selection 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPywj1TODo#ws

acrediblesource

Fantasy Scifi. ALiens is not fantasy sci-fi just sci-fi. There better not be any Jetpack business goin on in ACM.
But Natural Selection looks like a good alternative to Starcraft. It looks too busy for my taste as a conventional FPS game.

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 11, 2012, 05:45:01 PM

Overall, I still think it looks below-average.  Looks like a pretty good sci-fi shooter, but not so good as an Aliens game.
Exactly mate. That's why I am way more excited about Natural Selection 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPywj1TODo#ws

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: FightFinda on Aug 11, 2012, 05:18:48 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon... Express elevator to hell...
Please, Please no elevators/lifts/cranes/moving platforms. If you've played the Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine campaign you'll know what I mean.
There ain't nothing wrong with elevators, it's just that everyone does them wrong, they are always used for exposition and they are oversaturated in every game they're in.

They should be rare and used for a quick reaction test, like say this guy breaks through the roof of your lift, if you don't kill him in about 5-6 seconds your dead.

Would be good I think since every game makes out that elevators are basically safe zones.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quick reaction test, you say?

Would be pretty cool, if it weren't for the fact that even when you win...

Spoiler
[close]

You lose. :laugh:

Not in A:CM though, Hicks would be all good.  Drake too.  Vasquez too.  Hudson's arm too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed