NECA AvP Predators

Started by Sabres21768, Aug 06, 2012, 12:59:38 AM

Author
NECA AvP Predators (Read 81,755 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 10, 2015, 02:58:48 PM
Considering that my fellow co-workers at Toys R Us now know I am a collector, I think my future purchase is secured!  :D
Are you able to basically secure cases as they are shipped into the store? Can you guarantee (hold) some toys until you got off your shift?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 11, 2015, 05:18:03 AM
Considering that my fellow co-workers at Toys R Us now know I am a collector, I think my future purchase is secured!  :D
Are you able to basically secure cases as they are shipped into the store? Can you guarantee (hold) some toys until you got off your shift?

My dad did overnight security at target in the 1990's when Power Rangers was big, and since I was a kid I had an undying love for Power Rangers. He knew the people who did the over night stocking and basically if he or anyone in the store at that time needed a specific Ranger all they did was talk to the over night crew who would hold it for them.

I worked at Toys R Us during the Christmas season in 2013, NECA had just released Pacific Rim series 2 and Helmeted Hicks was on his way. I was able to talk to the over night guys who got hired with me to hold on to a Stryker Eureka and Two of the Helmeted Hicks two packs for me, which they did.

I don't think it's something I wanted my manager knowing, but at the same time I paid for the figures so I wasn't breaking any rules. Someone at my store did get fired for opening items, removing pieces and saying he found it that way just so he could have someone come in and buy them for a whole lot cheaper from the clearance section though.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 11, 2015, 06:22:16 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 11, 2015, 05:18:03 AM

My dad did overnight security at target in the 1990's when Power Rangers was big, and since I was a kid I had an undying love for Power Rangers. He knew the people who did the over night stocking and basically if he or anyone in the store at that time needed a specific Ranger all they did was talk to the over night crew who would hold it for them.

I worked at Toys R Us during the Christmas season in 2013, NECA had just released Pacific Rim series 2 and Helmeted Hicks was on his way. I was able to talk to the over night guys who got hired with me to hold on to a Stryker Eureka and Two of the Helmeted Hicks two packs for me, which they did.

I don't think it's something I wanted my manager knowing, but at the same time I paid for the figures so I wasn't breaking any rules. Someone at my store did get fired for opening items, removing pieces and saying he found it that way just so he could have someone come in and buy them for a whole lot cheaper from the clearance section though.
That's really cool how your dad could do that for you. I used to work at an FYE and I made all kinds of special orders for Gundam DVD sets (Anime Legends) for MSRP and Alien/Predator soundtracks, whatever was available. I definitely count those times as advantageous and looking back, the only real benefit to working there.

I have heard of such things, some people just being downright deceitful and sketchy. They get what they deserve in the end. I wish people didn't resort to such things, since it ruins their lives as well as puts a burden on the regular people who don't do such foolish things.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/631553109706285056/photo/1

First look at the backer card for Predator Series 14 #Prednesday coming next month.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

I literally signed up for Twitter just for NECA tweets. It's stuff like this that makes me feel young on Christmas morning kind of giddy again... Can't freaking wait.

Of course, I can hear my wife now with future childrens:
Wife to us: Merry Christmas! Open your gifts!
*we unwrap stuff*
Kid: I got the toy I wanted! Thanks!!
Me: Hey me too! Thanks honey!
Kid: How come dad gets cooler toys than I do?
*awkward silence*
Me: It's... hard to explain... I'll tell you when you're older

Anyways, the AvP line should yield some of the most impressively detailed and articulated figures yet!!!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

This is gonna be awesome!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote#prednesday Early mock-ups of the packaging layouts for Series 14. NOT final & NOT actual packaging -C

Really not keen on that skin tone.  :-\

FriendlyPiranha

FriendlyPiranha

What happened with the card they previously showed? These are really ugly.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Those are just mock ups of what they'll look like in their own packaging.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 28, 2015, 06:09:42 PM
Those are just mock ups of what they'll look like in their own packaging.

Indeed.

Quote from: FriendlyPiranha on Aug 28, 2015, 05:20:55 PM
What happened with the card they previously showed? These are really ugly.

I'm not keen on them in that photo either.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So I'm not wrong in predicting that series 15 will be...

Masked Scar
Ancient Predator with Xenomorph head on combistick
Elder Predator

Seems perfectly logical. Two of those we know exist.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Gotta love Randy and his sense of humor

Master

Master

All parts of Chooper. Daimn so many cool figures on radar and not enough money.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

The wait for this series is absolutely exhausting, it's been a 3 year long journey, we're so close yet so far! They should have shipped this month, but as per the course with NECA, they got delayed.  :-\

khas

khas

The truth is that Neca is the king of the delays...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed