NEW Authentic Aliens Trailer

Started by ShadowPred, Jul 31, 2012, 07:22:26 AM

Author
NEW Authentic Aliens Trailer (Read 31,379 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: newbeing on Aug 01, 2012, 02:01:53 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 01:55:06 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 01, 2012, 01:52:45 AM
They've said all along that it's 17 weeks after Alien3 (or so).  The use of "17" just confuses things because people think it's a mistake in relation to Hick's "17 days" quote.

So then what happened after those 17 days that Hicks talked about? Or is A:CM going to answer that?

Or I am completely missing information here by my own fault.

At the PAXeast demonstration that I attended they mentioned that rescue teams were sent out, but then those squads weren't heard from again, this is repeated a few times I guess until the USCM core figures out something is up and sends a battalion of marines to really figure out what is going on. That's the group the player (winters) is a part of.  I think they also mentioned WY did something to screw the prior rescue teams over, but I could be messing up the details a bit as this was months ago.

This explains a lot, thanks.

chupacabras acheronsis

...actually, the exterior concept art of the colony looks a lot better and more "exploded" than the gameplay demo. the melted metal, the rubble almost completely burying the complex, the buildings all tilted, flattened and torn open, the rocky, alien landscape turned into a salt lake, why the f**k didn't the demo show something more like this?

SM

SM

I thought the same thing.  If the do go with the dumb idea that it hasn't been vapourised, at least make it look completely wrecked.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'll buy that.

SM

SM

I wouldn't.

But what are ya gunna do?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Aug 01, 2012, 05:42:45 AM
I wouldn't.

But what are ya gunna do?

I must have had a massive brain fart, because I swear that I meant to say:

"I'll buy that for a dollar!."

Must be Pitchford sending evil signals to my brain.

SM

SM

Dunno if evil is the right word.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

He's turning me stupid!

SM

SM

More than likely.

PITCHFOOOORRRRRDD!!!!

ShadowPred

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 01, 2012, 04:40:06 AM
...actually, the exterior concept art of the colony looks a lot better and more "exploded" than the gameplay demo. the melted metal, the rubble almost completely burying the complex, the buildings all tilted, flattened and torn open, the rocky, alien landscape turned into a salt lake, why the f**k didn't the demo show something more like this?

I guess we'll have to wait and see how close the final product is to the concept art.

Spoon

Spoon

He produced the new Duke Nukem game.... enough said.   

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Spoon on Aug 01, 2012, 02:17:50 PM

They also did Borderlands, which is critically acclaimed.  Duke Nukem wasn't much more than a fan service/fanboy project.  I wouldn't gauge their abilities by that one game.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 01, 2012, 03:49:54 PM
Quote from: Spoon on Aug 01, 2012, 02:17:50 PM

They also did Borderlands, which is critically acclaimed.  Duke Nukem wasn't much more than a fan service/fanboy project.  I wouldn't gauge their abilities by that one game.

That is a good point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed