SDCC Alien: Colonial Marines ..scans anyone?

Started by Griffith, Jul 30, 2012, 06:47:01 PM

Author
SDCC Alien: Colonial Marines ..scans anyone? (Read 21,772 times)

Griffith

Lurking around the web and still no scans yet of A:CM from dark horse, not even a preview of the inside art just this http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-Comic-Con-2012-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-Comic-Dark-Horse-Comics-/290750250241 ..can someone deliver please?

Xenomrph

Goddamn f**king scalpers. :(

Assuming we find out the comic isn't coming with some edition of the game, I'll likely buy it too. :(

Griffith

What I found unbelievable is that not a single guy from the avpgalaxy community went to the SDCC and grabbed a copy of the comic book at Sega's booth.

What's the story about?, who's the writer?, who did the ink/art? Aarrghhh!!!!

Xenomrph

Well I caved and grabbed a copy on eBay for $7 shipped, seemed a whole lot better than buying it for $15-$20 that other sellers were asking.

molasar

Xenomrph, on a scale 1 to 10, how do you rate it?

Xenomrph

It's kinda short, but it's pretty neat. I think I'll have to hold judgment until the actual game comes out because I don't know if the comic's story actually ties into the game and its characters, or if it's a sort of generic one-off.

I think I'd have liked it more if I'd actually gotten it for free, but getting it for $7 wasn't bad and I don't regret buying it.

shadowedge

Is it the standard 20-24 pages long? Also how good is the art and coloring?

vikingspawn

I thought it was cool book.   Actually felt like a spinoff of the Aliens movie.   It's a 12 page story and the other half of the comic has different Aliens art pinups.

chupacabras acheronsis

does it have any real title apart from Colonial Marines?

paxromana

Xenomrph,

Can you post an image (scan or photograph, whatever you wish) of one page of this comic?, please

I´m interested in buying it, but i´m afraid of artwork.

scm

I might scan it eventually, my scanner usually sucks but i'll see if i can get it to work.

paxromana

Thanks for your efforts!!!

Xenomrph

Sure, I'll try to scan a page or two. I thought the artwork was fine, personally.

The total comic is shorter than your average comic book, and the story itself is pretty short, but there's a lot of neat generic art by a bunch of artists. Most of the generic art seems to focus on one Marine character (a Marine with a beard and a bandana, who also happens to be in the story as well) which makes me wonder if he's a main character in the video game too. I don't remember the story giving him a name.

bobby brown

Would love to see some alien art pin-ups :)

ikarop

ikarop

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed