The Space Jockey.

Started by Gekko1, Jul 14, 2012, 02:51:39 PM

Would you be happier if the Engineers in Prometheus and the Space Jockey in ALIEN were NOT the same species?

Yes
30 (43.5%)
No
39 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author
The Space Jockey. (Read 10,546 times)

Gekko1

Gekko1

For what it's worth, lets find out what we all think. I for one believe that if the Engineers were not the same species as the Space Jockey in ALIEN, then this would open up the possibilities of the ALIEN franchise greatly, as opposed to basically killing it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Didn't kill it, and the possibilities are still there, Prometheus opened up more questions than answers anyway.

xii22loop

xii22loop

two species could have made for some good story, some like war between the two species, or the engineers were the workers/slaves for the Space Jockeys.  Is the similarities in the movie to Mesopotamian religion for sure, cause it would go even deeper.

The Annunaki: Engineers
Igigi: Space Jockeys

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: xii22loop on Jul 14, 2012, 06:40:28 PM
two species could have made for some good story, some like war between the two species, or the engineers were the workers/slaves for the Space Jockeys.  Is the similarities in the movie to Mesopotamian religion for sure, cause it would go even deeper.

The Annunaki: Engineers
Igigi: Space Jockeys

It probably would, make a connection to the whole Igigi business myself early on...as has everyone else after I did some more digging on other sites. Nothing we can do now.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I kinda dig the possibility that the fossilized Jockey from Alien was infected with the Black substance from the urns we saw in Prometheus. It allows for the more bio-mechanical look of the Engineer (and the ship) and brings into question the possibility of industrial sabotage and conflicting agendas within the Jockey collective.

To think that the eggs on the Derelict used to be urns is cool to speculate too.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 14, 2012, 06:58:35 PM
I kinda dig the possibility that the fossilized Jockey from Alien was infected with the Black substance from the urns we saw in Prometheus. It allows for the more bio-mechanical look of the Engineer (and the ship) and brings into question the possibility of industrial sabotage and conflicting agendas within the Jockey collective.

I agree with this. Its a simple, in-continuity way to describe the changes in appearance between the two films. I prefer keeping the original Space Jockey as one of the Engineers.

zoidy

zoidy

It's the jockey.

episodenone

episodenone

another wacky thread.

they are the same.  why do you need 2 species to go to war?  last i checked - we do pretty good on our own.

what we all think [well, most of us] is the either the movie is fine the way it is or prefer to fantasize the movie is something different.

totally illogical if you ask me.  but freedom of speech and all...

bottom line -- sooner you stop thinking you can wish changes into the movie and poof - it'll happen.  it won't.  accept the movie you have in reality.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gekko1 on Jul 14, 2012, 02:51:39 PMFor what it's worth, lets find out what we all think. I for one believe that if the Engineers were not the same species as the Space Jockey in ALIEN, then this would open up the possibilities of the ALIEN franchise greatly, as opposed to basically killing it.

If anything I would say that the Engineer idea did open up the franchise, a lot. Despite presonally thinking that the film is pretty crappy, I am glad of the new approach. There are many different and interesting ways the franchise could go now (and I don't even think we can call it the same franchise anyway).

Whatever you think of the film you at least have to admit that it is a breath of fresh air, no?

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

What, they're just extremely similar beings in extremely similar ships? Doesn't sound likely, in fact is sounds stupid.

Unless you mean that Prometheus in total isn't canon to Alien.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 14, 2012, 06:58:35 PM

To think that the eggs on the Derelict used to be urns is cool to speculate too.

Pretty much my stance since seeing the film. Glad someone else thinks along these lines. I'm sure a few people do.

delsaber8

delsaber8

No, I wouldn't like to see another new species introduced and to still know nothing about the original space Jockey.

HABIT

HABIT

The only plausible way that I can think of is that  the Engineer's and the Space Jockey's are a different species is that the Engineer's may be worshipping the SJ fused with the Derelict pilot chair. Something that backs this up is that the Engineer's has those funky space helmet's which may be used as a sort of decoration, the trunk and other features, to pay tribute to the SJ's. Tell me what you think.

Gekko1

Gekko1

Quote from: episodenone on Jul 14, 2012, 09:51:02 PM
another wacky thread.

totally illogical if you ask me.  but freedom of speech and all...

And yet you become part of it, then speak of logic? ::)

Quotebottom line -- sooner you stop thinking you can wish changes into the movie and poof - it'll happen.  it won't.  accept the movie you have in reality.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this is something I will not give up on, and the more negative people like yourself that I encounter the more determined I will be. ;D

Highland

Highland

Don't you see that the haters are the minority though? People keep spewing up these thread topics as if to say "Hey! Who's with me guys!!!" But every poll, the reviews , "most" comments are all on the good side of the ledger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed