User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

AvPGalaxy News

Statistics

1,881,534 Posts in 28,315 Topics
by 18,096 Members
Latest Member: krishnakiss

Author Topic: Predators: The Lost Tribes - a Skyrim MOD  (Read 27032 times)

roland113

• Anytime
Predators: The Lost Tribes - a Skyrim M...
« on: Jul 13, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »
What does Skyrim lack all other Besthelda titles had - PREDATORS - So i'm stepping up to the plate to deliver gamers the MOD that will let you play as a Yautja race and add some fun optional gameplay.

The concept: Predators have been stranded on Skyrim for thousands of years, and their offspring have gone native. Now the Yautja are powerful and rare creatures - but Nords and Elves and others accept them as much as any beast or race. You're another barbarian fighter - until you find gear and a map at the start of the game that tells you of other items still in landing pods far to the north, forgotten below polar ice caps.

Reclaim relics and your cultural heritage!

Female Yautja body with female predator under garments, and Yautja sandals

Female Yautja sporting, custom dreads, heavy armor, Wrist gauntlet, light gauntlet armor, bladed sandals, Mk 7 "Viper" Biomask

Predators - the lost tribes - a SKYRIM MOD

Male and Female bodies - you can color them, change body weight - and select dread designs

Much of the gear you find will be taken from the bottom of tombs or the ocean floor - so much will be 'artifact' condition - worn, or out of power.. But some ultra rare items will be in top shape.

an early test of the pred blades before they were wrist mounted.. which they are now.  Both AVP, P1 and Predators style wrist blades in game in V1.0 (double long blades, single blade, double short wrist blades)

various bio helms grant cloaking fields of different effectiveness.  Nearly all of them will short circuit if you're caught in the rain with them active.

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2012, 04:43:13 PM by roland113 »

ShadowPred

• Jonesy
  • "Each time I play a song it seems more real."
    • Superbombad
    • _Sanctioned
    • SANCTIONED - Web Comic
Re: 'Predators: Lost Tribes' a Skyrim MO...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2012, 07:10:12 AM »
Will you be showing off any videos of this?

Space Sweeper

• Pvt. Hudson
  • Perversen Idioten!
    • space-sweeper
    • Facebook
    • Space_Sweeper
    • SpaceSweeperUncut
    • Fatale: A Darkly Comedic Sci-fi Series
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »
The guy you're gonna wanna kill is Dutch, beadda SHIT outta Dutch, look at that bitch!

RJW_ca

• Anytime
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2012, 08:28:34 AM »
I can can help make more predator and character models with a true likeness...up to you

http://cghub.com/files/Image/258001-259000/258417/738_max.jpg

RJW_ca

Terx2

• Carrier Alien
  • A new world order is at hand.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »
Looks great just a few questions.

1. Are you gonna add in a shoulder cannon? If so how is it gonna fire? Will it be like a shout or a spell or an actual weapon in your inventory?

2.  What are the racial benefits for the predator?

3. Are you gonna add in a skinning or trophie collecting to this mod? Just an idea.

roland113

• Anytime
Re: \'Predators: Lost Tribes\' a Skyrim ...
« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2012, 10:10:10 PM »

Absolutely - I'll be posting a spiffy reel or two once I've completed all the assets.  Probably one right before launch - then a second perhaps afterwards depending on time.

1. Are you gonna add in a shoulder cannon? If so how is it gonna fire? Will it be like a shout or a spell or an actual weapon in your inventory?

3. Are you gonna add in a skinning or trophie collecting to this mod? Just an idea.

1 - Making a non hand held weapon have a 'ranged spell' effect, one that isn't a hand held 'staff' item in Skyrim is tricky. For some reason they hard coded a few things in the editor so you can't just make a backpack w cannon - call it a weapon and then apply a ranged spell.   I may tweak some scripts and try some work arounds -but for now i'm using a 'Wolf' styled AVPR hand held plasma cannon.  Most of the earlier tests of shoulder mounted rigged guns that would track with your head looked cool in skyrim - but failed to accept certain scripts because it was designated as something other than a staff object.

2 - so far racial traits include:
 heath and endurance regen bonus
 predator heat vision
 immunity to most disease
greater weight carry capacity
 resistance to fire, and inversely added a vulnerability/weakness to cold
(working on a 'distract' shout that's a pred sound, and a roar shout that causes fear)

aesthetics - you're much taller - (and can wear the pred bio helms )

3- I was thinking of adding a skinning trophy collecting - but that touches a lot of other treasure or creature code -and I want to minimize the number of potential conflicts that could make.  I already have  a lot of mods where you can get skulls and hides - meat and bones.. So if i was to do anything i'd make a recipe that takes that sort of loot to make extra things like necklaces or trophy stuff - but that would most likely come after ver 1.0 because I want to ship this to stay on my schedule. When I do a V1.5 and add NPCs and Monsters - i'll very likely add world objects of skinned animals and victims etc.
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2012, 10:29:49 PM by roland113 »

ikarop

• Global Moderator
  • Carrier Alien
« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 2012, 11:21:53 PM »
Very nice job! Do you use Blender or 3DS Max for your nif files?

roland113

• Anytime
« Reply #7 on: Jul 15, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
Very nice job! Do you use Blender or 3DS Max for your nif files?

I'm using Max 9 and Mudbox - with a little PSD and Nvida Normal toolset plugin work - then out to Gamebryo's Nif

chupacabras acheronsis

• Pvt. Spunkmeyer
« Reply #8 on: Jul 15, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »
that's quite an interesting concept, far more ellaborate than any other mod that adds predators in a game so far.

i'm gonna keep an eye for this.

Terx2

• Carrier Alien
  • A new world order is at hand.
Re: \'Predators: Lost Tribes\' a Skyrim ...
« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2012, 06:06:27 AM »

Absolutely - I'll be posting a spiffy reel or two once I've completed all the assets.  Probably one right before launch - then a second perhaps afterwards depending on time.

1 - Making a non hand held weapon have a 'ranged spell' effect, one that isn't a hand held 'staff' item in Skyrim is tricky. For some reason they hard coded a few things in the editor so you can't just make a backpack w cannon - call it a weapon and then apply a ranged spell.   I may tweak some scripts and try some work arounds -but for now i'm using a 'Wolf' styled AVPR hand held plasma cannon.  Most of the earlier tests of shoulder mounted rigged guns that would track with your head looked cool in skyrim - but failed to accept certain scripts because it was designated as something other than a staff object.

2 - so far racial traits include:
 heath and endurance regen bonus
 predator heat vision
 immunity to most disease
greater weight carry capacity
 resistance to fire, and inversely added a vulnerability/weakness to cold
(working on a 'distract' shout that's a pred sound, and a roar shout that causes fear)

aesthetics - you're much taller - (and can wear the pred bio helms )

3- I was thinking of adding a skinning trophy collecting - but that touches a lot of other treasure or creature code -and I want to minimize the number of potential conflicts that could make.  I already have  a lot of mods where you can get skulls and hides - meat and bones.. So if i was to do anything i'd make a recipe that takes that sort of loot to make extra things like necklaces or trophy stuff - but that would most likely come after ver 1.0 because I want to ship this to stay on my schedule. When I do a V1.5 and add NPCs and Monsters - i'll very likely add world objects of skinned animals and victims etc.

Sounds cool. I'm gonna keep my eye out for this :)

Bender1988

• Berserker Predator
    • Bender18
    • Facebook
    • Bender1988s
« Reply #10 on: Jul 16, 2012, 07:47:44 AM »
In morrowind i tried the predator mod-it looked really really cool.
And this one here...this looks soo prommising, definetely gonna keep my eyes on this.

darksword

• Anytime
« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
can you put out the beta versions on the nexus so we can try them before the release plz  :P  :)  ;D

xenohunter89

• Alien Egg
« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »
awsome add xenomorphs :)

roland113

• Anytime
« Reply #13 on: Aug 13, 2012, 07:56:27 PM »
LOL -

You said it brother!  I so want to add Xenomorphs - or some kinda hybrid - or multiple versions of them.  But I'll probably get this Mod out as soon as I can - and then circle around to add some great traditional adversaries and extra stuff in a follow up Version 2.0 or 1.5

The real compelling part is - for Skyrim - its a lot easier to make 'monsters' than to create a character and all this clothing that uses interlocking multiple meshes/ swapping textures / morph targets and combinations of clothing that have to work together for the player characters.  Can't wait to make something that's a relatively simple 'one off' monster model that has a high yield cool factor.

I'll admit I've already been gathering reference for a PredAlien and other sort of animal/xenomorph hybrid combinations... 

Anyone got any images or favorite ideas for Xeno Hyrbrids they want to suggest/share?

ikarop

• Global Moderator
  • Carrier Alien
« Reply #14 on: Aug 20, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »
The real compelling part is - for Skyrim - its a lot easier to make 'monsters' than to create a character and all this clothing that uses interlocking multiple meshes/ swapping textures / morph targets and combinations of clothing that have to work together for the player characters.

This.

Are you rigging the Predator's eyes, mouth, etc... too?

Site Info

AvPGalaxy is a fan site dedicated to the Alien, Predator, Aliens vs Predator and Prometheus franchises. We currently report news on the upcoming game Alien Isolation, Ridley Scott's Prometheus 2 and Shane Black's Predator 4 / Predator reboot movie.

Contact

General: webmaster
News: news
Podcast: corporalhicks