Engineers - worst retcon in the history of cinema

Started by 180924609, Jul 01, 2012, 05:35:36 PM

Author
Engineers - worst retcon in the history of cinema (Read 32,856 times)

Ruk

Quote from: 180924609 on Jul 01, 2012, 08:02:44 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 01, 2012, 07:42:04 PM
Engineers were brilliant.

This thread and the OP are retarded.

Nuff said really.

'Engineers were brilliant' = ZERO comprehension and low IQ.

They repeatedly came to Earth and reveal the location of their 'superior' technology = RETARDED.

They make a terraforming complex that produces breathable air and then store a deadly air-activated  bio-weapon within it = RETARDED.

They don rigid space suits in a dumb pilot seat that does fvk all, in a room that MUST always contain an air atmosphere (otherwise the flute remote control wont work) - but then take it off when wandering about outside in an unbreathable atmosphere = RETARDED.

You forgot the control buttons that look like breast implants...

Nightmare Asylum

They repeatedly came to Earth and reveal the location of their 'superior' technology = RETARDED.

They wanted humans to find them and their tech. Then, something happened that made them regret their decision and want to wipe us out. Guess we'll have to wait for a sequel to see what we did to them that was so wrong.

They make a terraforming complex that produces breathable air and then store a deadly air-activated  bio-weapon within it = RETARDED.

I don't remember exactly what it was that triggered the goo (only saw the movie once), but it had to do with David's button pushing, no? Anyways, they stored the stuff where it was easily accessible, yet behind locked doors to prevent potential outbreak. Odds are they were loading the ships when whatever it was that happened 2000 years ago happened.

They don rigid space suits in a dumb pilot seat that does fvk all, in a room that MUST always contain an air atmosphere (otherwise the flute remote control wont work) - but then take it off when wandering about outside in an unbreathable atmosphere = RETARDED.

Wasn't the suit damaged before he went outside? Anyways, suit or no suit, given their superior body structure, its safe to assume that, while having a DNA match with us, the Engineers can endure more hospitable environments. The air wasn't completely unbreathable, and he probably wasn't out there very long.

I'm not a blind fanboy claiming that the Engineers were perfect, but there are explanations.

MrSpaceJockey

The suit was attached to the chair - no legs and the helmet is molded onto the seat.  The ones the others ran around in were similar looking but obviously a different purpose. like a g-suit vs an astronauts suit.

JKS1

JKS1

Nuff said really.

You have to take account for the fact that some people have an exceedingly low standard for what to them constitutes 'brilliance'

xii22loop

Quote from: Ruk on Jul 01, 2012, 08:17:49 PM

Nuff said really.

You forgot the control buttons that look like breast implants...

those buttons must be fun to press then!

Space Sweeper

Brb, hanging myself.

Virgil

HUGZZ

So it went from mummy/human/tapeir hybrid to believably realistic alien life form, that actually works for the plot as a design. No argument that Gigers original space jockey design was beyond brilliant and original, but it's not like it got any worse IMO. I mean they both work perfectly well for what they were used for in each movie. The riginal worked in looking  strange and bewildering and also casting a little mystery on what it was. The new engineers work for the new movie in looking like a strange species but at the same time retaining a recognizable human look.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Jul 01, 2012, 09:01:35 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 01, 2012, 08:45:23 PM
Brb, hanging myself.

Any spare rope?
There's some surgical tubing in the drawer next to the revolver and notepad.

ScardyFox

Gash

Nice pictures, thanks. Looks good.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jul 01, 2012, 09:35:13 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 01, 2012, 08:45:23 PM
Brb, hanging myself.

can I have your sig?
Sure, it's down the left hallway, second room on the right, and inside the f**koff,no.

Spoiler
;) :laugh:
[close]

Gazz

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 01, 2012, 06:39:58 PM
180924609, please, enough.

You're making those of us who've more legitimate issues with the film look bad.

Bingo  ;D

thecaffeinatedone

More people need to stop bitching about the engineers as a bad thing and start talking about the films fragmented narrative and lack of character development. IMO, I think that people who liked the film and hated it can both concede that the film had those flaws with it.

hfeldhaus

for sure the film has flaws in it, i concede that and i liked the film. however stupid ass threads like these should never be put up. there are already threads for the engineers, so instead of making a whole new thread to give your opinion look for the older thread and post in there, and people say the engineers are retarded.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed