[New Article] American Cinematographer show a pic of alternate mutant Fifield

Started by Gazz, Jun 22, 2012, 10:13:11 AM

Author
[New Article] American Cinematographer show a pic of alternate mutant Fifield (Read 44,103 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

I don't they chose the alternate because, in all honesty....it looks a little goofy.

Sexy Poot

Man, they really screwed the pooch with this movie. All the good ideas were kept out!

Aceburster

They could make a whole movie about a transformation like that all Fly style. So cool.

SpeedyMaxx

The word I heard was that they got an R after submitting it as the PG-13 cut.  It got an R solely based on the medpod scene, which they (wisely) refused to cut down anymore.  So I think any calculation on the Fifield look was made long before then.

I also don't think the more alien Fifield would've gotten them an R.  I think it's likely Ridley chose the latter because he wanted something more 'down to earth' and again, feared how the general public might respond to a weirder monster which they might laugh off just to be cynical.  I can understand that logic there - and I was okay with the final mutant - but I think I'd prefer this.

Dorian Gray

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 22, 2012, 04:45:35 PM
The word I heard was that they got an R after submitting it as the PG-13 cut.  It got an R solely based on the medpod scene, which they (wisely) refused to cut down anymore.  So I think any calculation on the Fifield look was made long before then.

I read the same thing somewhere - that the theatrical cut was intended to be the PG-13 cut and Ridley threw a huge fit when it came back R and refused to make any additional changes.

In regards to Fifeld's "Alien" look, I think they wanted to portray the black goo as more of a virus that infects a person rather than a catalyst for transformation.  In the art book, the author describes Fifeld's final look as a "mass of infected flesh" rather than the "babyhead" look.

Alienseseses

It's likely they cut this version because they were afraid it wouldn't be clear that this is Fitfield mutated.

zakzak

Ffield + Black Goo = Devolution of the Species

There is a scene where he slams his fists down on a crew. It kinda reminds me of those apes slamming their fists on their opponents in Kubrick's 2001. Obvious reference.

zuzuki

Jeezus, how many engineers where in that scene at the beginning...god i hope this will end up in the blu-ray

Elicas

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 22, 2012, 11:18:05 AM
So alien Fiffield has sex with the Deacon which is a girl queen and creates.

http://i.imgur.com/awTRi.jpg
AAAAAAAAAALIEN!!!!!

Can I ask where this comes from? Only ever seen the smooth dome Alien for the original film.

Bat Chain Puller

Two stills have surfaced of the alternate Fifield creature and (like opinions of the film) are everyone is polarized.

The only thing I can think of is that they changed it to make Fifield more recognizable. It obviously wasn't to save money or they wouldn't have gotten so far on the CGI.

Until we see it in motion, and see it's expressions and it's character there is no way to know if it was the 'right choice' to go with the live action prosthetic covered Fifield or not.

metalos

I hope all of these stuff giong into the Extended Cut, the mutant Fifield stay in the theatrical cut of course, and the alienated Fifield goes to the extended cut. If the warner released the Ali3n on two different form, i hope they will relese this movies too.

Aceburster

This is him on motion right? Doesnt even look like CG to me.

Jenga

That's him. Between Weta's expertly applied effects and the motion blur it gels very nicely in that shot.

Gazz

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 22, 2012, 07:05:55 PM
Two stills have surfaced of the alternate Fifield creature

There's another still? Where could I find it?

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Gazz on Jun 22, 2012, 07:48:13 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 22, 2012, 07:05:55 PM
Two stills have surfaced of the alternate Fifield creature

There's another still? Where could I find it?

It's around here somewhere. Part of bunch of scans from another maganzine.

Here's the still.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed