Prometheus Cinefex Scans

Started by Darkness, Jun 19, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

Author
Prometheus Cinefex Scans (Read 45,939 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 19, 2012, 06:29:28 PM
http://gyazo.com/0b4a230b07b5f104c0367a735a2f9aae.png

From pg. 18 scan.

I need to know much more about this shot and potential scene.

That is wonderfully creepy! True nightmare material. Imagine waking up with that thing looming over your bed...

Don't get why they went with the mutated zombie caveman look instead.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jun 19, 2012, 08:24:36 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 19, 2012, 08:19:55 PM
So there you go, its officially confirmed the trilobite is an early facehugger and the deacon is a precursor to the alien

No? That's completely contradictory to everything Ridley Scott has said in interviews.

There are pages on Deacon saying how its a creature that will eventually end up evolving into Giger alien of the first film. Then on different pages it explains that the alien is a creature/result of mixing dna of a human, triobyte and engineer

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: LarsVader on Jun 19, 2012, 08:23:58 PM
Are you sure?
hmmm. yeah, I take it back, that looks pretty serious. it's the grey eyeballs that are throwing me off.

And the rise in the numbers of present Engineers is getting ridiculous:

holy SHIT

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Are you sure?

I'll admit, I'm no expert on long-limbed greedy stoned mutant geologist bastards.

But that is totally the same long-limbed greedy stoned mutant geologist bastard.

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 19, 2012, 08:26:57 PM
So there you go, its officially confirmed the trilobite is an early facehugger and the deacon is a precursor to the alien

No? That's completely contradictory to everything Ridley Scott has said in interviews.

There are pages on Deacon saying how its a creature that will eventually end up evolving into Giger alien of the first film. Then on different pages it explains that the alien is a creature/result of mixing dna of a human, triobyte and engineer

Wait so if Deacon is a random mix of stuff that will eventually turn into Gigers Alien then... anything that stuff touches will eventually turn into Gigers Alien? 

Alien³

Alien³

God I hope this is in the extended edition!

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 19, 2012, 08:42:18 PM

Wait so if Deacon is a random mix of stuff that will eventually turn into Gigers Alien then... anything that stuff touches will eventually turn into Gigers Alien?

The art book explains that the Deacon is a mix of human, trilobite and engineer, because it's from the trilobite, which is shaw's baby, impregnating an engineer. And Scott has said in multiple interviews that the Derelict from Alien is already crashed on LV-426 by the time of Prometheus and has been for a few thousand years. Addiitionally, the murals and wall relief in the ampule chamber depict facehuggers and xenomorphs. Ergo: the facehuggers and xenomorphs already existed at least 2000 years ago and the Trilobite/Deacon are not their precursors.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jun 19, 2012, 08:51:49 PM
Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 19, 2012, 08:42:18 PM

The art book explains that the Deacon is a mix of human, trilobite and engineer, because it's from the trilobite, which is shaw's baby, impregnating an engineer. And Scott has said in multiple interviews that the Derelict from Alien is already crashed on LV-426 by the time of Prometheus and has been for a few thousand years. Addiitionally, the murals and wall relief in the ampule chamber depict facehuggers and xenomorphs. Ergo: the facehuggers and xenomorphs already existed at least 2000 years ago and the Trilobite/Deacon are not their precursors.

Thank you!

People listen to this guy.

Kimo

Kimo

Some of the stuff that never made it in to the final film looks awsome i hope we get some of it put back in for the DC cut of Prometheus.

I like how the back of his head is turning pointy very Alien ish indeed.

Jenga

Jenga

I think the body on the alternate Fifield monster looks nice and menacing but the face/head looks like a horribly conventional grey alien. The more I see of the alternate version the less I like it. At least by showing him earlier in his mutation it leaves more to the imagination and doesn't seem to represent something that mixes up the alien metaphor even more (knuckle walking like a gorilla? What the hell?). That face is not as threatening. I do think the concept sculpts for this version were a bit better and more original while feeling more of a tie to the alien.

Ultimately I think Ridley's instinct to go in-camera is always better. It's always more believable.

kittychu6

kittychu6

Quote from: Jenga on Jun 19, 2012, 09:31:11 PM
I think the body on the alternate Fifield monster looks nice and menacing but the face/head looks like a horribly conventional grey alien. The more I see of the alternate version the less I like it. At least by showing him earlier in his mutation it leaves more to the imagination and doesn't seem to represent something that mixes up the alien metaphor even more (knuckle walking like a gorilla? What the hell?). That face is not as threatening. I do think the concept sculpts for this version were a bit better and more original while feeling more of a tie to the alien.

Ultimately I think Ridley's instinct to go in-camera is always better. It's always more believable.

i think in final lighting and effects, alien fifield would look much better than zombie one. still could do alot in camera too. that shot from trailer looked amazing, and long arm is more scary than zombie (so not original)

n00b133

n00b133

The Hyena

The Hyena

Thankfully its confirmed now that its a precursor to the alien.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 19, 2012, 08:11:35 PM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jun 19, 2012, 07:53:17 PM
Looks to me like it could be an actual CGfield they cooked up for an alternate version of the scene. It does say that Weta developed a digital version that walked around on its knuckles and shiz (whilst demanding money and marijuana, I imagine), until Ridley opted to use mostly in-camera stuff.

looks like a shop to me. I can tell from the pixels, and because I've seen quite a few greedy stoned mutant geologists in my time. maybe test footage. either way, doesn't look totally finished.

not the head design I would have used, but apparently Ridley never got the resume I faxed him?.
Are you sure?

And the rise in the numbers of present Engineers is getting ridiculous:

What's wrong on the number of engineers at the beginning? Now it makes more sense that there was more than one of them when such big event as starting a life on earth was planning.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: n00b133 on Jun 19, 2012, 10:14:01 PM
Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 19, 2012, 10:16:56 PM
Thankfully its confirmed now that its a precursor to the alien.

Again, for those who didn't to read through the thread:

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jun 19, 2012, 08:51:49 PM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed