Engineer and LV223 atmosphere

Started by whiterabbit, Jun 19, 2012, 01:26:40 AM

Author
Engineer and LV223 atmosphere (Read 6,176 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Just watched the scene on a cam and it does appear that the suits are still there. As far as the submersible red suits on the Prometheus that were never used... I guess it could be possible that the jockey suits in the hallway were for special proposes, such as submersible and zero-G. Which could explain why they weren't used.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 19, 2012, 01:59:51 AM
Maybe he held his breath.
Maybe his biomech suit that's bonded to him deals with it.
Maybe he wore the mask up until he got to the escape pod and disposed of it when he got inside.

Maybe he took off his mask because he considered Shaw the perfect prize and part of the hunting ceremony he took it off to have a more even match.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 19, 2012, 08:42:20 AM
Maybe he wore the mask up until he got to the escape pod and disposed of it when he got inside.

Maybe he took off his mask because he considered Shaw the perfect prize and part of the hunting ceremony he took it off to have a more even match.

And if he had somehow survived the squid attack he would of made her an honorable member of his tribe, because she bested him. ::)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 19, 2012, 09:59:36 AM

And if he had somehow survived the squid attack he would of made her an honorable member of his tribe, because she bested him. ::)
I don't know if I should facepalm or give you a standing ovation.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 19, 2012, 01:24:28 PM

I don't know if I should facepalm or give you a standing ovation.

I was taking the piss, if that helps. ;)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

What? No. What gave you that crazy idea.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Beauty and the Engineer? No, wait, King Kong is more likely.

Toy

Toy

What if the entire pyramid was an ancient atmospheric processor that collects "toxins" from the air down that giant spiral? Doesn't the design look sort of similar?

Isn't it kind of strange how such a massive storm happens so suddenly after they disturb the "atmosphere" in the room?

What if what the ship was doing there in the past, stocking up on the bioweapon, was also generating a breathable atmosphere until the doors were sealed? Was also kicked off when the door was opened?

And only the Engineer knew that the air outside would eventually be breathable.. I mean if Weyland could engineer a way to do it, why couldn't these advanced Engineers do it in the past with a similar design that has multiple purposes?

Even if it was still being converted that Engineer actually had gills...

timiteh

timiteh

Quote from: Malakak on Jun 20, 2012, 07:58:04 AM
What if the entire pyramid was an ancient atmospheric processor that collects "toxins" from the air down that giant spiral? Doesn't the design look sort of similar?

Isn't it kind of strange how such a massive storm happens so suddenly after they disturb the "atmosphere" in the room?

What if what the ship was doing there in the past, stocking up on the bioweapon, was also generating a breathable atmosphere until the doors were sealed? Was also kicked off when the door was opened?

And only the Engineer knew that the air outside would eventually be breathable.. I mean if Weyland could engineer a way to do it, why couldn't these advanced Engineers do it in the past with a similar design that has multiple purposes?

Even if it was still being converted that Engineer actually had gills...

Well the engineers don't seem that advanced.
They seem to have nothing like computers or A.I.
Their ships can not withstand a crash with a human ship without damages.
They can't correctly secure their ships or temples to prevent intruders to come in and do whatever they want,
they can not prevent several accident with dangerous biotech weapon at least twice leading to the death of several of them, etc...
So it won't surprize me that, besides biotech and perhaps their ship tech, they don't have anything really advanced tech wise.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

forget Jocko, how did Shaw get that far across uneven terrain with two minutes of oxygen.

MOOVY MAGICK

Aceburster

Aceburster

For that one you could say she had 2 minutes of oxygen and a few minutes of breathing the crap air in order to survive. Im not really sure what she was breathing actually.

straindamage

straindamage

Just more plot holes... and how was Fifield able to breathe without a helmet on after getting exposed to the black goo??

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: straindamage on Jun 20, 2012, 05:07:51 PM
Just more plot holes... and how was Fifield able to breathe without a helmet on after getting exposed to the black goo??

One would assume its thanks to the black goo...

Aceburster

Aceburster

Obviously breathing through his weed tube. : |

TheDamnSheep

TheDamnSheep

Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 20, 2012, 05:19:14 PM

Obviously breathing through his weed tube. : |

No wonder he attacked all those people.

He had the munchies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed