More New Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jun 14, 2012, 02:10:35 PM

Author
More New Concept Art (Read 27,239 times)

Disendor

Disendor

This is a brilliantly designed film. Just not a particularly well written one.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

I wonder if Engineer's suit is actually some biomechanical enhancement, so the Engineer can adjust his proportions as he needs.. Thus solving the 79' and 12' Jockey difference :)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

If u notice in the film, when hes in the cryopod, the tubes are connected to the suit all over, so there definitely more than meets the eye with that suit.

zuzuki

zuzuki

It's not a suit, it's his body

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: zuzuki on Jun 15, 2012, 01:13:28 PM

Looks like an android.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

"Well, it's an interesting combination of elements making him a... tough little son-of-a-bitch."

:D

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I like that their pressure suits (to help them endure a 2000 year hibernation) are woven/grafted/implanted/grown right into their own bodies. This Giger concept has been around before he ever touched Alien. Makes me wonder how he was compensated this time around.

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

That picture of the 3 of them in black and white ....

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

oh god! yeah!

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

No. Its definitely a  suit.

NGR01

NGR01

Yes it a suit that fusion with him.
Biomechanical suit.
A living suit.

skeewhiff

skeewhiff

I like the anti-theft device of the ship, a flute.* 

*wtf

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: skeewhiff on Jun 16, 2012, 11:25:08 PM
I like the anti-theft device of the ship, a flute.* 

*wtf

In brief (and I think this deserves it's own thread) the musical instruments of Prometheus are quite on purpose. The Engineers flute activating the ship and Janek's accordion are parallels to be sure. (Not to mention his selection of "O Come, All Ye Faithful." Which ties into the film quite nicely.

Greek Gods Apollo, and Dionysus, are associated with music and of course ORPHEUS, whose music had the ability to cause inanimate objects to move and influence the forces of Hades.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Didn't pick up on a connection between the flute and the accordion, but that would be very interesting to hear elaborated on a bit more. I will say, however, that I really liked the use of the flute. Thought it was really cool, and my appreciation of it will likely only go up once I learn a bit of the symbolism (I'll admit that I'm a bit fuzzy on many aspects of Greek mythology).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed