Prometheus ConceptArt/MakingOf/BehindTheScenes - MasterThread

Started by LarsVader, Jun 14, 2012, 12:34:13 PM

Author
Prometheus ConceptArt/MakingOf/BehindTheScenes - MasterThread (Read 219,555 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

We see the Deacon too. Most prominently, to boot.

The Deacon's 'wryyyeeeeeee' sound is also heard when the hologram is played.

HuDaFuK

Do we? I don't remember that. Is it seen during one of the hologram recordings?

Either way, that still has to date from after Engineerdo da Vinci did his mural of an Alien.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

When the holograms are seen running.

Regardless, the mural also has the Deacon and in a much more prominent position.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegazilla on Sep 15, 2014, 06:56:01 PMRegardless, the mural also has the Deacon and in a much more prominent position.

That I don't remember at all. I just remember seeing the giant Alien.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

HuDaFuK

Looks like an Alien to me, with those bio-mech hips.

SiL

The head makes it pretty clear it's the Deacon.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Sep 16, 2014, 08:02:31 AM
The head makes it pretty clear it's the Deacon.
Yup. Got that sweeping angle going.

HuDaFuK

You see what you want to see I guess. I still think the bio-mechanical accents, especially on the hips and thighs, make it look more like an Alien, but that's just me.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for sharing, Omega! Will give that a read shortly.  :)

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 15, 2017, 06:37:02 PM
My Article on the Prometheus creature effects and designs

I was looking over your article; insightful comments with a treasure trove of photos and illustrations.

* Picking up on the topic of what was portrayed in the relief/wall sculpture in the Head/shrine room, I find it useful to look at production photos of the set.
To me that shows that the central creature is a Deacon.

For instance, the set with bright lighting that clearly shows the head shape;

And here is the Deacon with that same shape. It's the same creature.

;)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm sorry if this is not the right thread but I can't find any other place to share this  :-\

Carlos Huante:

Quote"A little drawing I'm doing on my phone ..based on Giger's space jockey. Not the film.. i feel strongly that the guy in the chair should have existed as part of the chair only.. never should've been separated. The ship should've been a living thing that was totally Alien to us. If there was a crew they should've been a different being than the one in the chair.. like the time travelers in Dune were separate beings so the pilot in Alien should've been as well"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU3prRqDNya/?taken-by=galleryanatom

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU8xfAPjUv6/?taken-by=galleryanatom

Another interesting piece of work  8)

Quote"I've posted some of these images before.. these are all for a personal project.. it's one of many.. so I don't mind showing these bits here.. obviously a slight tip to Alien but more to Planet of the Vampires 1965"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeZTNoSgmOZ/?taken-by=galleryanatom

Corporal Hicks

Feel free to create a new thread in the General A/P board if they don't fit anywhere. This thread is for behind the scenes stuff relating to Prometheus and those pieces aren't from the film so I wouldn't say they're for here either.  :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: bb-15 on May 17, 2017, 12:21:47 PM
I was looking over your article; insightful comments with a treasure trove of photos and illustrations.
Thanks, bb! And here's the stuff I've just published for Alien: Covenant:

-The Neomorph
-The Alien
-The Gallery

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed