Prometheus Theories Article + New Engineer Pics

Started by Darkness, Jun 11, 2012, 06:10:44 PM

Author
Prometheus Theories Article + New Engineer Pics (Read 30,031 times)

Darkness

Xhan

Problem is he ignores that the beginning might not be earth, Janek's theory, and the fact that while the jockey might be 2K old, that doesn't really say anything about the facility itself, and the fact that the opening liquid and the liquid at the time of David's viewing of it are virtually identical.

If it was earth, it would mean teh aliems and jockeys are really really old, which makes whether earth is to be destroyed/rewritten or not a lot less significant. (Except for people living there of course)

He also missed that Ian didn't whack anybody until Shaw got whacked herself.

ikarop

I'm still 50/50 about the Engineer. Kinda would have preferred this:

Pitch black eyes FTW.

Darkness

I thought his face looked a bit too rubbery when I saw it in the cinema.

Ooze on First

I always LOL at the THEORY of evolution and its use on TV and in film.
The only way anyone can make it work is to put it a science-fiction environment.
The operable word here being, 'fiction'.

bobby brown

How come this guy isn't biomechanical like the engineer on LV-223?

Xenomrph

Quote from: bobby brown on Jun 11, 2012, 07:40:13 PM
How come this guy isn't biomechanical like the engineer on LV-223?
Because the "biomechanical" part is a jumpsuit, apparently.

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 11, 2012, 06:53:11 PM
The only way anyone can make it work is to put it a science-fiction environment.
Wait what? You... don't believe in evolution? ???

PVTDukeMorrison

If this turns into a religious debate...

echobbase79

I will say after reading about half of this article it has opened my eyes to look at the film in a different light. Very well written and informative so far.

Qwertify

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 11, 2012, 06:44:52 PM

I'm still 50/50 about the Engineer. Kinda would have preferred this:

Pitch black eyes FTW.

I agree - black eyes for the win. That and considering the rest of its body is in a sort of purified physical-function state, it would make sense the eyes would be physical-functional pure too, as in it is just one large hypersensitive pupil that goes above and beyond the typical eye in terms of reconstructing a visual image. That and it just looks a lot better - and makes the vibe and their purpose more ominous.

Anyways - totally agree.

Bat Chain Puller

Nah. Black eyes make him tip too close to Nosferatu with a gym membership.

Glad they stayed away from the Doctor Manhattan shade of blue as well. Because the last thing we heard him say was something about going off into the cosmos to create some life. 

Predaker

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 11, 2012, 06:53:11 PM
I LOL at your LOL to the theory of evolution.

lol.  :)

Did you see the engineer? He must work out.

newbeing

Maybe other theories have covered this, but has there been any  mention of there being different factions of "Engineers?"  It looks like there are two kinds, one that we see at the beginning of the film which is unclothed, pinker in color, and somewhat less malicious looking. Also its ship (assuming it came from that ship) doesn't look like a sleek battleship. Maybe this was a faction of Engineers that believed in the power of creation, while the other Engineers we see on LV-223 are more focused on destruction?

Or it could be the engineer at the beginning was just less technologically advanced and its race hadn't merged itself with biological technologies. 

Shodan09

Because the "biomechanical" part is a jumpsuit, apparently.

The lv 223 engineer is merged with his suit, you can tell mostly around the neck (mostly). I took it as showing the evolution of the engineers from organic life to biomechanics. Maybe they became "corrupted" when they began merging themselves with technology.

Xhan

Quote from: newbeing on Jun 11, 2012, 08:25:45 PM
Maybe other theories have covered this, but has there been any  mention of there being different factions of "Engineers?"  It looks like there are two kinds, one that we see at the beginning of the film which is unclothed, pinker in color, and somewhat less malicious looking. Also its ship (assuming it came from that ship) doesn't look like a sleek battleship. Maybe this was a faction of Engineers that believed in the power of creation, while the other Engineers we see on LV-223 are more focused on destruction?

Or it could be the engineer at the beginning was just less technologically advanced and its race hadn't merged itself with biological technologies. 

Yeah a couple mates and I have gone over the faction thingie in a religious light. It's conceivable, seeing as Scott said the whole result of Alien was a "crashed bomber in a war" in the first place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed