Ridley Scott might add 20 minutes to a Prometheus Extended Cut (+ more info)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Jun 11, 2012, 02:37:46 AM

Author
Ridley Scott might add 20 minutes to a Prometheus Extended Cut (+ more info) (Read 41,106 times)

FUBAR1945

Quote from: evfanjake on Jun 21, 2012, 06:17:48 AM
It's probably selfish and unrealistic, but I hope they put out a version with EVERYTHING that could be put back in without messing up the continuity of the film. They did that with the Watchmen's Ultimate Version (or w/e it was called), and it was SO GOOD. I could easily see Prometheus having a version like that, if all the extra scenes could be put in.

+1 like FOX did to Aliens.

atlantis

Excellent...

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 19, 2012, 03:23:17 PM
Recently a deleted scene with Vickers infected by the Dark Liquid was revealed.

http://manymovies.edublogs.org/files/2012/05/tumblr_lyuueorRKM1rnm594o1_500-1x0epcf.jpg

It happens after the fight with the Engineer.

zakzak

Quote from: Ruk on Jun 21, 2012, 05:02:46 AM
I think in some other movies like Blade Runner, Scott didn't have the final say on what the final cut was. He had that say in Prometheus, so what you see IS the director's cut.

The execs or insane private investors held a gun to Ridley's head. There is no way the theatrical cut is THE cut. You believe what people say on publicity tours or internet interview pieces ? If this is the cut, why there is an extra of 20 minutes? 5 minutes may be fine, there may be some extended scenes here and there. But 20 minutes is the length of Ripley's final stand in 1979 ALIEN, from the discovery of cocooned Dallas to the fight with Xenomorph in the drop ship. That whole thing is 20 minutes !

Ruk

Quote from: zakzak on Jun 21, 2012, 08:08:38 AM
I think in some other movies like Blade Runner, Scott didn't have the final say on what the final cut was. He had that say in Prometheus, so what you see IS the director's cut.

The execs or insane private investors held a gun to Ridley's head. There is no way the theatrical cut is THE cut. You believe what people say on publicity tours or internet interview pieces ? If this is the cut, why there is an extra of 20 minutes? 5 minutes may be fine, there may be some extended scenes here and there. But 20 minutes is the length of Ripley's final stand in 1979 ALIEN, from the discovery of cocooned Dallas to the fight with Xenomorph in the drop ship. That whole thing is 20 minutes !

Well, in fact there is a video, and it is posted on the internet of an interview with Scott, and he says the movie is his cut. So, I guess I'll take his word for it. About the 20 minutes, he says the fight scene with Shaw and the Engineer originally did not involve a Xeno. It was just Shaw with her axe, and she won. I suppose that would have taken a few minutes. Scott said he changed it because he thought it was a little unbelievable that the diminutive Shaw could take the giant Engineer out like that. All 4 of the viral clips, I thought were good enough to be in the movie, IDK if the 20 minutes contains those clips or not. And there is mention of an extended conversation with the Engineer that was cut. "Apocolypse Now Redux" added 49 minutes to the original cut.

Keg

Quote from: zakzak on Jun 21, 2012, 08:08:38 AM

20 minutes is nothing. Theres probably hours of extra / alternate footage for every movie that never gets used in the final cut, that's always the case. Look at the extended versions of LOTR with anything from an extra 30 mins to an hour added to the film and there will still be countless scenes that didnt make it into the film evene after that.

Having 20 minutes of deleted scenes isnt alot compared to some films.

NGR01

Quote from: FUBAR1945 on Jun 21, 2012, 04:38:39 AM
Let me see if get this right:

No Director's Cut, but in the blue-ray it will have deleted scenes?

So hard to understand what Ridley said.

Scott already delivered a directors's cut in theatre, this will be an extended or special or final or whatever edition.
Dont bother mate.
Up to the release Scott and co said whatever made the people get into theatre seats.
They will do the same with the Blu.
Lets just wait and sit patiently until they make an official announcement...
But you can bet that there will not make everything available in the first release...

YOU DO MUTILATE?

i am still waiting for the director's cut of alien vs predator

i hear it fixes all the things i don't like about it

zoidy

Quote from: YOU DO MUTILATE? on Jun 21, 2012, 01:36:19 PM
i am still waiting for the director's cut of alien vs predator

i hear it fixes all the things i don't like about it
I've seen it!

Or them, more accurately. Alien (1979) and Predator (1987).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed