Ridley Scott might add 20 minutes to a Prometheus Extended Cut (+ more info)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Jun 11, 2012, 02:37:46 AM

Author
Ridley Scott might add 20 minutes to a Prometheus Extended Cut (+ more info) (Read 41,113 times)

bleau

In one interviews scott kept saying extra scenes will be available on the menu. So it took it as seperate from film.

departedhero20

::) Well Cybercat Im not over reacting to anything im just posting news and giving my opinion and seen others reactions and opinions you dont like the post noted but i dont care if anyone likes it or not im just putting news and trying to help if people like it or not well thats their problem just like its your problem if u think its an overreaction well u cant expect everyone to react like u we are all different.  Me well i reacted concerned because i would love to see an extended version and so far ive read two different interviews tw different sites all say the same shit Scot doesn't want an extended cut so i posted to see what other think but thank you for your incredible contribution :P

Cybercat

Quote from: bleau on Jun 13, 2012, 04:16:37 AM

In one interviews scott kept saying extra scenes will be available on the menu. So it took it as seperate from film.

If you were actually paying attention he specifically said that the Shaw/Engineer fight would not be in the "long cut" but would be available on the Bluray.  He differentiated.

The reason his answer seems so convoluted is becuase he has to consider the politics of saying anything that could be interpreted as not praising the cut of the film that is in theaters now, which would be stupid.

"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

bleau

Quote from: Cybercat on Jun 13, 2012, 02:27:34 PM
Quote from: bleau on Jun 13, 2012, 04:16:37 AM

If you were actually paying attention he specifically said that the Shaw/Engineer fight would not be in the "long cut" but would be available on the Bluray.  He differentiated.

The reason his answer seems so convoluted is becuase he has to consider the politics of saying anything that could be interpreted as not praising the cut of the film that is in theaters now, which would be stupid.

"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

So what is your argument here?

mastermoon

Is there a chance the extended version of Prometheus DVD could come out a month after the normal DVD?.

Mr. Clemens

If Ridley is putting deleted scenes back into the film (and I'm not convinced that he is), this extended cut will either be included in the first release in October, via seamless branching, or they'll wait a year or more to put it out.

Vecrotus

The fact that Ridley's already thinking about doing an extended cut makes me think that the extended cut has a very good chance of being included in the first release in October.

PredatorsInstinct

Quote from: Vecrotus on Jun 16, 2012, 05:29:45 PM
The fact that Ridley's already thinking about doing an extended cut makes me think that the extended cut has a very good chance of being included in the first release in October.

I hope your right :P

nieves50

Quote from: Vecrotus on Jun 16, 2012, 05:29:45 PM

That would be nice of him... ::)
The movie might make sense with the extended cut since they obviously chopped it to pieces...

According to the studio, Ridley and the writer; this movie was supposed to be epic. Hard to do on the alloted time. If Peter Jackson / New line cinema can do (3) 200min movies...I don't see Fox's excuses.

I will not bash the film like many other have done. I just feel it was incomplete. I wanted to be inmersed in the universe, by the time the movie ended, I asked myself "what just happened?"...

Freaking clueless..

PROM3TH3US

I can't wait for the Blu ray Director's Cut.  I think it will be much better than the Theater's version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auo4xPT5Tfo#ws

MrSpaceJockey

That tv spot shoved in just about every footage not in the movie into the commercial.  Janek never said ho ho ho either, right? I was hoping this was an extended cut trailer or something for a sec.

Cybercat

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 16, 2012, 11:39:55 PM
That tv spot shoved in just about every footage not in the movie into the commercial.  Janek never said ho ho ho either, right? I was hoping this was an extended cut trailer or something for a sec.

What about the scene where he stuffs Vickers' stocking?   :laugh:

Highland

wow , glad I didn't watch the TV spots. Entire movie compressed into 1min 30sec. What a joke.

I watched one trailer 3 months ago then left this joint. The movie was all the better for it.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Highland on Jun 17, 2012, 12:23:19 AM
wow , glad I didn't watch the TV spots. Entire movie compressed into 1min 30sec. What a joke.

Its ridiculous. I was looking around on youtube about a half hours or so ago, and one of the TV spots showed the full grown trilobite on the Engineer on the ground with Shaw scrambling away. I'm so thankful that I never saw that on TV, because that was the last thing I expected to happen when she was being pursued by the Engineer through the ship.

Highland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 17, 2012, 12:30:58 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jun 17, 2012, 12:23:19 AM

Its ridiculous. I was looking around on youtube about a half hours or so ago, and one of the TV spots showed the full grown trilobite on the Engineer on the ground with Shaw scrambling away. I'm so thankful that I never saw that on TV, because that was the last thing I expected to happen when she was being pursued by the Engineer through the ship.

I didn't see that one either. It all got a bit crazy on here with even the front page news starting to let the cat out of the bag before you even got to the forums.

I had no idea what any of the creatures looked like or the Engineer. Apart from that one shot of the blue guy way back.

I'll never come here or watch any trailers now in future. Hollywood seem hell-bent on sucking audiences in with trailer reveals. I've done the same with the Dark Knight. I've watched one trailer and even that was pretty spoilerish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed